Re: Your Photography

Postby RJD on Sat 17/Jul/10 3:52pm

Does it push down?
RJD
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby wuffy on Sat 17/Jul/10 4:21pm

Nope, can't seem to make it move any direction. I've emailed Velbon to see if they can help.
wuffy
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby disoriented on Sat 17/Jul/10 4:43pm

Bigger Hammer!
disoriented
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby znomit on Sat 17/Jul/10 4:45pm

To get some more leverage you could stick one of the legs up Wac.... oh sorry wrong thread
znomit
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby wolffman1 on Sat 17/Jul/10 8:52pm

I think you might be out of luck. I had a quick look on their website and the next models up do a low spread options. My guess is they standardize the castings for the top of the legs and do the options on the tripod body to allow the low spread.

http://www.velbon.co.uk/newvelbon/pages/semipro.html
wolffman1
"Maaangooo"
Member for: 14 years 0 months

Postby Conners on Sat 17/Jul/10 9:34pm

Dig hole. Put tripod in hole. Sorted.
Build frame and hang tripod upside down from frame. Sorted.
Buy a gorilla pod. Sorted.

None of the above a probably very helpful.
Conners
User avatarMedal
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 19 years 2 months

Postby wuffy on Sat 17/Jul/10 9:56pm

I've got a smaller tripod I carry overseas that can go as low as I need so that should be ok. Just want something stable to film with low down, Vic park isn't very level :p
wuffy

Postby Nordy on Sun 18/Jul/10 11:45am

i love my gorilla pod for low to the ground stuff. also great for inside lightbox setups :D
Nordy
"Canon + me = <3"
Member for: 18 years 1 month

Postby ShortStuff on Sun 18/Jul/10 12:54pm

wuffy wrote:Need a bit of tri-pod help. I've got a Sherpa 450r and it's awesome, but I want to be able to make it so the legs are almost flat, I think it's possible as the legs have ridging on the top where it connects to the tripod base/arm. I can't find any way to get the small lips to lift up so that they hit the next ridge. Any ideas? Pic attached is the lip/ridge i'm talking about.

Ok, excuse the terminology, but can you pull the centre pole out (the one that the camera mounts to) and insert it from the bottom? If so you can mount the camera so that it's hanging upside down inside the tripod, this will give you a nice low angle, you just need to flip the images.
ShortStuff
Member for: 16 years 6 months

Postby wuffy on Sun 18/Jul/10 1:16pm

Hadn't thought of that, i'll give it a go. :thumbsup:
wuffy

Postby ShortStuff on Sun 18/Jul/10 3:31pm

Remote shutter release. Made from: 1 old toggle switch, 1 old push button, a red bull energy shot bottle and an old handsfree kit.
Cost- $0
Savings- ~$50
Awesome factor- Priceless
IMG_7175.jpg
ShortStuff

Postby Tugboat on Sun 18/Jul/10 3:31pm

Ghetto stylz :cool:
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"

Postby Bigfoot on Sun 18/Jul/10 4:17pm

ShortStuff wrote:
wuffy wrote:Need a bit of tri-pod help. I've got a Sherpa 450r and it's awesome, but I want to be able to make it so the legs are almost flat, I think it's possible as the legs have ridging on the top where it connects to the tripod base/arm. I can't find any way to get the small lips to lift up so that they hit the next ridge. Any ideas? Pic attached is the lip/ridge i'm talking about.

Ok, excuse the terminology, but can you pull the centre pole out (the one that the camera mounts to) and insert it from the bottom? If so you can mount the camera so that it's hanging upside down inside the tripod, this will give you a nice low angle, you just need to flip the images.

My dad's old tripod is designed to do just this - works great for low to the ground stuff :)
Bigfoot
"We are the Village Green Preservation Society"
Member for: 19 years 2 months

Postby wolffman1 on Sun 18/Jul/10 4:21pm

Nice stuff. Red Bull gives you control as well as wings
Nikon users can use a Sanyo TV remote. On/Off signal corresponds to the shutter release. Course buying a $1000 TV to save a $40 remote doesn't make sound financial sense.
wolffman1
"Maaangooo"
Member for: 14 years 0 months

Postby wuffy on Sun 18/Jul/10 4:21pm

Can't work without ripping a big stopper of the end of the main pole, so looks like a no go. I'll just use my light one for those low shots.

Also, looking at building a dolly/rail-system for filming following shots on bumpy ground, anyone done that before? If not i'll draw up some plans.
wuffy

Photography | Sifting - Latest Posts