Re: Your Photography

Postby thelivo on Thu 29/Jan/09 5:34pm

bigmig wrote:I am just getting into photography and trying to do some cycling related. Attached taken at the Tour Down Under last week. Other shots on http://www.twitpic.com/photos/roadcycling
All taken on a Canon 1000D, around F4.5-5.6 and most with pretty fast shutter speeds.

Yeah nice shot - good depth of field choice. Only comment i would make is try to get the eyes absolutely pin sharp (although you may have equipment limitations depending on what lens it is)
thelivo
"Jens Voigt's Suitcase of Courage will not fit in the overhead compartment."
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby woodsy on Fri 30/Jan/09 12:53pm

Datsane wrote:Took this monday afternoon. Its meant to be the 2nd rarest cloud or atmospheric condition.

I tried a shot though my sunnies (polarised) but the camera focused on the frame and it was all blurry. Would a polarising filter be a worthwhile investment? for out door shots etc...

yup polarising are one of the best filters to have
gives you darker blues (under right conditions ) also works as a nd 2 good for snow and boost rainbows

but dont buy a cheepy get a good one (hoya pro not bad price )
tree-6660749river bnw-6660749.jpg
snow-5369IMG_5369.jpg
rainbow-6668443I6668443.jpg
woodsy
Member for: 18 years 0 months

Postby woodsy on Sat 31/Jan/09 9:33am

went out for quick play this morning
was having lens foucus isses with haze very thick giving very soft images of surfers
surf-1-6660046-1.jpg
surf-1-6660053-1.jpg
surf-6660004-6660004.jpg
woodsy

Postby jnumbaz on Sat 31/Jan/09 10:10pm

The misses got some sweet sunset shots this evening down at Scotts Ferry beach.
P1000282.JPG
P1000283.JPG
P1000284.JPG
jnumbaz
"high-powered mass-cannon throwing tessellated plasma forward in an orgy of death and destruction"

Postby Conners on Sat 31/Jan/09 10:24pm

Those shots are the bizzo jnumbaz :cool:
Conners
User avatarMedal
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 19 years 2 months

Postby Datsane on Sun 1/Feb/09 1:22pm

Mint photos
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 18 years 4 months

Postby jnumbaz on Sun 1/Feb/09 7:36pm

Cheers guys, It was such a sweet evening. Perfect Temperature, perfect wind. It was a real w00ter!
jnumbaz
"high-powered mass-cannon throwing tessellated plasma forward in an orgy of death and destruction"

Postby woodsy on Tue 3/Feb/09 8:45am

still playing nothing to exciting
(went and got heap of cokin filters nd grads mainly )
brighton this morn-6669998-6669998.jpg
woodsy

Postby Mr_GTR on Tue 3/Feb/09 10:17am

I'm sure this question has been asked and answered here already, but where abouts in the Wellington region (Pref Hutt Valley) can I get a point and shoot fixed? Or is it even worth it? The camera will start up, lens pop out, but will make funny noises and the screen is black. Can't take photos, and it didnt happen after a knock, or water damage, etc. My sister has the EXACT same camera, and has the EXACT same problem. Its an Olympus FE-210.

And also possibly get a DSLR lens cleaned.
Mr_GTR
"Who, me?"
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Postby ShortStuff on Tue 3/Feb/09 10:30am

Mr_GTR wrote:I'm sure this question has been asked and answered here already, but where abouts in the Wellington region (Pref Hutt Valley) can I get a point and shoot fixed? Or is it even worth it? The camera will start up, lens pop out, but will make funny noises and the screen is black. Can't take photos, and it didnt happen after a knock, or water damage, etc. My sister has the EXACT same camera, and has the EXACT same problem. Its an Olympus FE-210.

And also possibly get a DSLR lens cleaned.

Sounds like a faulty product, take it back even if its past its warranty, it may be covered by the consumer guarantees act.
ShortStuff
Member for: 16 years 6 months

Postby onyabike on Tue 3/Feb/09 11:39am

only photoshop was resize - lol
morning-climb.jpg
onyabike
"logging capital of nz"
Member for: 17 years 2 months

Postby nzmatto on Tue 3/Feb/09 7:45pm

I've been working for a while on some Panoramics. My passion is lights. I remember seeing (and buying) a picture called Wellington Lights many years ago. I was always taken by it and the copy I purchased and gave to my parents is still on their wall. I guess that was my inspiration for these.....well....all but one of them anyway :)
Wellington 1.jpg

Wellington 2.jpg

Wellington 3.jpg

Wellington 4.jpg

This was my first attempt at a panoramic and the camera was hand held, stitched together by some free software that I had to cut the name of off the bottom. It was taken on the hill above Fairlie and it was such a great spot with an awesome view. This would be one of the favourite shots I have taken.
Fairlie Panoramic.jpg

I think I may have posted one of these before, but hey, a second look is always good. Enjoy.
nzmatto
"Cycling changed my life."
Member for: 14 years 2 months

Postby ShortStuff on Wed 4/Feb/09 2:17pm

Woot, I got my new 450D this morning. So stoked. Am still figuring out how to work it :paranoid:
Pics to come
ShortStuff

Postby ShortStuff on Thu 5/Feb/09 10:52pm

Playing with the new camera. My Photostream

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ShortStuff

Postby woodsy on Fri 6/Feb/09 4:54pm

couple of shots from this morn/afternoon

very tempted to head up in p51 $2000 for 20mins hmmmmm 400mph hmmm
co pilot(as well as pilot for a4 skyhawk  p51 etc) .jpg
graheme bethel
shag and cave.jpg
peir.jpg
side pods all good-6660116-6660116.jpg
old rnzaf pilot.jpg