Re: Where Did You Ride Today?

Postby j0e90 on Mon 12/Dec/11 9:21am

A couple of short loops on the SS yesterday at Totara Park. Im sure this SS lark is good for me ( keep telling yourself something enough and it must be true ).
IMG053.jpg
j0e90
Member for: 16 years 11 months

Postby fatwombat on Mon 12/Dec/11 5:56pm

yesterday: Karori to Kaukau and back via the Chartwell substation - absolutely brilliant weather conditions, interesting variety of track surface, and it's great that they have so many cattleproof bypasses at all the gates now, there was only one stile where I had to dismount.
mt kaukau ride - 11 dec 2011 - 1.jpg
Looking west
mt kaukau ride - 11 dec 2011 - 2.jpg
Looking south-east
mt kaukau ride - 11 dec 2011 - 4.jpg
Looking north-east
fatwombat
"Our planet is the mental institution of the universe. - Goethe"
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Postby Colin on Mon 12/Dec/11 9:45pm

The longest day ride less than a fortnight out http://www.everydayhero.co.nz/longest_day_ride_2011

And with way too few bigger rides under my wheels, headed out on Saturday to put the clock on some of the locations I might be covering at the end of the day.

First I headed over to Miramar for a couple of laps. Mt Vic for the SuperD course and some other random tracks. Barking Emu (Red Rocks + Tip Track was less appealing by that stage).

I figure 15 hours will hurt. But is do-able (in a messy sort of a way).
Colin
Member for: 19 years 6 months

Postby j0e90 on Fri 16/Dec/11 5:41pm

Totara park again today, p***ing down with rain. But may have made a s speed convert :) Of a mate out from england!
j0e90
Member for: 16 years 11 months

Postby mudlover/hater on Tue 27/Dec/11 8:02pm

Thought I'd have a crack at Karapoti with Ash Sparks today to see if I should enter....

Yeah nah, eh. :crazy:
mudlover/hater
"Hoh. Hoh. Hoh. Now I haf.. a machine gun."
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby cruiser on Tue 27/Dec/11 10:28pm

lol, it's pretty gnar at the moment eh
cruiser
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby shmoodiver on Wed 28/Dec/11 4:38pm

Rode Kaiteriteri today, was pretty good fun, not sure if it's worth the 60km drive out there tho when you have codgers and sharlands on your doorstep.... girls liked it tho
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby mudlover/hater on Wed 28/Dec/11 8:19pm

cruiser wrote:lol, it's pretty gnar at the moment eh

The rock garden was bangin'.... pretty much everything else was not worth the climbing required to get there.... haha.

Oh, I also should've probably had a granny ring too as opposed to the 32T single ring I had.... :crazy: :blush: :cry:

I'll probably just marshall again.... :thumbsup:
mudlover/hater

Postby AJK on Wed 28/Dec/11 8:52pm

Figured I'd make the most of the good weather before it packs up.

From Wellington, around Petone/Eastbourne/Pencarrow Head, over to the Coast Road, north to Wainui, one lap of Jungle/Snails, back up Directa/Jungle, north along Labyrinth/Towai Traverse, ECNZ road, down to Stokes Valley, up to Kelson and Boulder Hill in Belmont, Belmont Road, Round Knob, down to Takapu Road and back to Wellington via Ngauranga gorge. Bit shy of 150km I think.

Shattered now. Should have put more sunscreen on.
AJK
Member for: 14 years 2 months

Postby gristle on Wed 28/Dec/11 9:54pm

Andy, you need to ride less and dig more!! How long did that take you?
gristle
Member for: 16 years 1 month

Postby AJK on Wed 28/Dec/11 10:09pm

gristle wrote:Andy, you need to ride less and dig more!! How long did that take you?

Was out for about 8 hours, though that included a reasonable pie break in Wainui. Pseudo-preparation for the Kiwi Brevet - still unsure as to whether I'll be able to do it, but better get some miles clocked up in the eventuality that I do.
AJK
Member for: 14 years 2 months

Postby mudlover/hater on Wed 28/Dec/11 11:02pm

Jebus Andy. You're making me feel like a whiny little girl (which is exactly what I was yesterday with 10km to go, heh heh).
mudlover/hater

Postby Colin on Thu 29/Dec/11 12:44am

Bunch of trails out back @ Vegas.

Much enjoyed.
Colin
Member for: 19 years 6 months

Postby cruiser on Sun 1/Jan/12 8:56pm

checked out the opau bay loop @ westwind makara. Rode the loop both ways -preferred the opposite to tracks.org.nz's suggestion - it's a fun downhill. Then went for a blast down bunkers ridgeline track to makara beach. Great little ride for something different.

so much potential up there.
cruiser
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby Stumpy Ryder on Wed 4/Jan/12 7:41pm

Went for a minta after work, rode up to Wainui then hit the main ridge trail to mt Lawry then down rata ridge round to Wainui trail park, jungles labyrinth, bombed down spoon then back up and over to where the car was at work.
Stumpy Ryder
"Aint nothing much like ridin' trails"
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Cycling | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts