Re: Where Did You Ride Today?

Postby MattV on Sat 20/Nov/10 9:42pm

Did the (Mythical???) Moki Trail today. 46 epic k of native bush, rugged farm land, gravel and a splash of road. :thumbsup:
MattV
"If the world was how it should be, maybe I could get some sleep"
Member for: 17 years 6 months

Postby Stumpy Ryder on Sat 20/Nov/10 11:06pm

Palmy, Kahuterawa forrest. climbed up back track and at the top finally found the pine forrest that had all the MTB tracks in it.
Stumpy Ryder
"Aint nothing much like ridin' trails"
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Postby Robbie on Sun 21/Nov/10 7:05pm

Went for a sifty ride@ makara today hoping my sick olde lungs were up to it. I am loving office spread virii.
Went up Koru (pedal pedal) then Sally Alley (always entertaining) then hopped off to climb up past Ridgeline extention (blah hills).
Then had a quick play on the 75M of upper JFK, then skidded down the road and rode up and down the 300m of lower JFK (which is about 80% done). Has promise!

Did Smokin (great fun, and that last switchie is really much nicer :lol: ) and, for a change, AMP then Rimu.
Then I meandered about and climbed the road (OH NOES) back home.

I feel a bit better now :)
Robbie
Member for: 18 years 3 months

Postby Nick_K on Sun 21/Nov/10 7:35pm

More slippery wet riding down in Dunedin.

Had an epic skid around Jubilee park then headed up Leith valley/Nicholls creek to Swampy. Did a loop of swampy with the plan to head out to the raceman tracks. Given how incredibly wet its was decided to give this a miss (from memory these are only dry a few days a year) so headed home just making it back before it started pissing down.
Nick_K
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 18 years 2 months

Postby Nick_K on Mon 22/Nov/10 9:07pm

Lapping it up xc stylz at forester park. Loving a bit of jeyboi action.
Nick_K
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 18 years 2 months

Postby jeyboi on Mon 22/Nov/10 9:29pm

Nick_K wrote:Loving a bit of jeyboi action.

I bet you do.

Yesterday I had a nosey round the tracks in Taupo in the form of the mid NI cup race, before heading out for a couple of hours afterwards for a poke around. Rode like a mong on the first lap, haemorrhaging positions left right and centre, before holding steady on the second lap, and getting faster on each of the subsequent laps. Got smashed in by Dirk, Cabin & co, but had a blast up there! :thumbsup:

Had fun after the race, getting round a few more tracks, before heading home. Mint, mint riding in Taupo, will become a regular destination for me :thumbsup:
jeyboi
Member for: 12 years 9 months

Postby Colin on Tue 23/Nov/10 9:13pm

Added a couple of hours to the ride home by going via the trails at Mirimar.

Jail Break rocks, even on the hardtail.

Will do again.
Colin
Member for: 19 years 6 months

Postby Stumpy Ryder on Fri 26/Nov/10 10:47pm

went from home>Jvill> trelissick park>into welly>upto Jail break in Mirimar>Jail break>conviction>bootleg>jail break>conviction>bootleg>jail break>conviction>bootleg>jail break>mt Vic, up haitaitai zigzag and across saddle down through the tracks to Newtown to get a ride home with my dad when he finished work. I swear someone has dumbed down that track that you go down past that field and goes to that private hospital with the drop in and that cool little bridge :(
Stumpy Ryder
"Aint nothing much like ridin' trails"
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Postby Robbie on Sat 27/Nov/10 8:34pm

I had a quiet little ride up Makara Peak then down a really awesome track called North Face.

The people who built that track should be showered with gold, and given lives of luxury and contentment for their efforts. ;)

27 Nov 2010.jpg

mm beer.
Robbie
Member for: 18 years 3 months

Postby pushbikerider on Sat 27/Nov/10 9:27pm

A nice spin out in Whaka forest this arvo with my partner ;

home to the forest, Tahi, Dipper, up to genesis, played around in genesis for a while (one of my favourite little bits of single track) then a couple of runs through the challenge jumps / flow section, then dipper again and home

trails were running mint, had a blast

First ride on clips for me in over 18 months, I forget how much easier they make climbing
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 20 years 8 months

Postby Wobbler on Sat 27/Nov/10 9:29pm

hanmer track

c line,majuba,redrocks,jolifee saddle,upper dogsteam,detox,mach 2 (and all the various ups between them)

stoked, farking hot out there today
Wobbler
User avatarMedal
Member for: 17 years 0 months

Postby Jono on Sat 27/Nov/10 9:32pm

Nice loop around Rata Ridge, with a quick spin back up the trails and down spoonhill. I need a bit more speed (or pop) to properly clear the wee kicker into the final chute of spoonhill, but overall pleased with the 1st effort.
Jono
"High Grade Mental Defective"
Member for: 20 years 11 months

Postby slidecontrol on Sat 27/Nov/10 9:41pm

pushbikerider wrote:A nice spin out in Whaka forest this arvo with my partner

snap :p

after a dip in the blue lake with SWMBO ( WTF with all the blackpower wannabes up there today? ) , we headed into the forest, tahi, creek, dipper, mad if you don't.
then for a giggle I hauled her up to corners ( I did mention the climb up, but never let on how much of it there was :satan: )
then dragons tail before heading home
slidecontrol
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby Colin on Sat 27/Nov/10 10:07pm

Makara Peak.

Lovely day out. Tracks are dusty / drifty fun.

Did two laps.

Yonks since I've been able to ride that far. Did it all in the middle ring too.

Stoked. Fitness is coming back.

Legs might not want to go so far tomorrow though.
Colin
Member for: 19 years 6 months

Postby AJK on Sun 28/Nov/10 6:02pm

Caught the train out to Featherston, and then rode back to Wellington. Over Rimutaka incline, tunnels provided a great break from the heat. Took a detour up Akatarawa Rd and the Karapoti Gorge, leaving via Valley View Rd. Back into Wellington via Hutt River trail and along the motorway. Just shy of 100km all up, in a bit under 5hrs 45. Not the most exciting route, but alright for something a bit different.

Shit, she was warm in those there hills today though - climbing through recently logged areas in the Akatarawas was bloody awful.
AJK
Member for: 14 years 2 months

Cycling | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts