Re: Where Did You Ride Today?

Postby Oli on Tue 13/Oct/09 10:39pm

Haha! I will try it again soon, but on my own so I don't try and ride it faster than I'm comfortable with. I have ridden it (poorly) and cleaned it (just) several times, but that last crash and concussion gave me the heebie-jeebies. :crazy:
Oli
Member for: 17 years 4 months

Postby Colin on Tue 13/Oct/09 10:42pm

Do the Phundamentals man

Even an old dog like me learned better skills
Colin
Member for: 19 years 6 months

Postby Oli on Tue 13/Oct/09 10:48pm

No thanks, Dodzy thinks I'm too fat to do it. ;)
Oli

Postby mitch7 on Tue 13/Oct/09 10:49pm

sunday...rode Fosters Clearing...well pushed and rode..some of the guys had the Dh sleds..snowy near the top..
ripped it up coming down...then did the firebreak trail/Dh in trees (shuttles)
photo 1.jpg
photo 2.jpg
mitch7
"A beard is like having a machine gun on your face. Pure badass."
Member for: 16 years 8 months

Postby onyabike on Thu 15/Oct/09 2:17pm

pushed up this spur, clearing sticks as I climbed. then rode down. was an up and down ride.
logged-zone.jpg
onyabike
"logging capital of nz"

Postby Monolith on Thu 15/Oct/09 8:20pm

Before work: Up Makara Road, and up to Makara Peak via Varleys and Zacs. Didn't stop to take in the view, and hit Ridgeline. Quite slippery up there at the mo, as there's quite a lot of gloopy clay/dirt in places! Good fun. Carried on down RLE and Swigg/Starfish. Headed along the tarmac, through town, and up Mt Vic. Hit a lap of the PNP course - some parts are riding mint, other bits are tricky - the top bit of Damiens used in the race has gotten quite slick, and the badminton hall section is AWESOME fun in the state it's in. :D Headed down through Oriental bay, before cruising to work.

After work: Headed through the city, and out to the south coast through Island Bay. Round the corner, up Happy Valley Road, and turned into the Tip Track. Got near the top to see a dude on a cyclocross bike heading down! Kudos :blink: . Carried on to the sanctuary boundary fence, and headed up to Wrights Hill. Steamed down Scout Hall, and then down Goldmine - even took a wee spill on Goldmine for the first time! Haha! Popped out onto the road near Karori Tunnel, and headed for home on the road.

Nice to get a couple of rides in. I gotta give the machine a clean now though, it's looking well used! :D
Monolith
"Look! I still walk away"
Member for: 17 years 0 months

Postby eyeball on Thu 15/Oct/09 9:22pm

mitch7 wrote:sunday...rode Fosters Clearing...well pushed and rode..some of the guys had the Dh sleds..snowy near the top..
ripped it up coming down...then did the firebreak trail/Dh in trees (shuttles)
photo 1.jpg
photo 2.jpg

man that sounds like fun i quite like that firebreak/dh in trees except that drop near the end is totally nuts when you get to that little road then go up it a few meters then on to the rest of the track.
eyeball
"Whatcha wana do ya wana go hunt some moose"
Member for: 16 years 5 months

Postby sanspareil on Thu 15/Oct/09 9:25pm

Rode the Wellington Bays stopping at new 'Chocalate Fish', well someone had to .......! :)
sanspareil
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby Oli on Thu 15/Oct/09 9:27pm

I wanted to today but didn't have time! I'm going to though... :thumbsup:
Oli

Postby Ahad on Sat 17/Oct/09 8:14pm

Took the 2 eldest kids(12 and 10) out to the "family friendly" Mcleans island. Bit of a drive from our house (~55min) but Kids had a great time (even after being a bit tired after doing the 10k's loop :D - kids these days eh! ...I remember when I was their age we made our own bikes out of bits of supplejack we found down in the bush...) so will have to go out there more often. :thumbsup:
Ahad
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby thelongwalk on Sat 17/Oct/09 8:49pm

We did the sanctuary fenceline from brooklyn,then salvation and into makara.
But we had left too late , didn't check the weather forecast and the heavy rain warning that we found out about afterwards was damn accurate.
Probably the wettest I've been on a bike for a while, we bailed at missing link, 40 minutes to get back home. Had a non lycra/ non wet weather day clothing choice - just wearing a t-shirt to look tough and down hillish. :) major fail.
thelongwalk
Member for: 13 years 9 months

Postby Chewie on Sat 17/Oct/09 10:11pm

I just did Makara Peak on my new GT Peace, all the way to the top no problems. Was a lot of fun coming down the ridgeline on a fully rigid bike!
Chewie
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Postby fantail on Sun 18/Oct/09 3:18am

Wolftrax at Laggan - beautiful autumn highland scenery best appreciated from top of the newish upper red route which is a real treat too - all those rock step downs on a hire Kona hard tail. rock, slabs, rock, really impressive wolfy fun - Scotland is a great place to chill out and focus on riding...
fantail
Member for: 16 years 1 month

Postby Mr_Bob on Mon 19/Oct/09 4:54pm

Bit of riding at Oropi with the new helmet cam :thumbsup:
Mr_Bob
"Pedal!"
Member for: 17 years 7 months

Postby briiii on Mon 19/Oct/09 5:52pm

Vids or it didn't happen :P
briiii