Postby Percy Pig on Sun 28/Oct/07 7:36pm

cd wrote: Went up the Croesus track to the tops for some single track goodness :)

it was a totally awesome day :thumbsup:

Nice one Colin! :thumbsup:
Percy Pig
"Got a bone?"
Member for: 20 years 5 months

Postby jnumbaz on Sun 28/Oct/07 7:39pm

How'd you do today oi?
jnumbaz
"high-powered mass-cannon throwing tessellated plasma forward in an orgy of death and destruction"
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby Percy Pig on Sun 28/Oct/07 7:40pm

j1015642 wrote: How'd you do today oi?

Me? :paranoid:

I dun rided down the hill slowly, cos Im old and stuff, and got 4th in old buggers. :thumbsup:
Twas a good day though. :cool:
Percy Pig
"Got a bone?"

Postby jnumbaz on Sun 28/Oct/07 7:44pm

Percy Pig wrote:

I dun rided down the hill slowly, cos Im old and stuff, and got 4th in old buggers. :thumbsup:

Yeah seemed like it was...I was sifting down by the rocky part before the creek gap...Looking like a Road cone in ma orange vest :blush:
jnumbaz
"high-powered mass-cannon throwing tessellated plasma forward in an orgy of death and destruction"

Postby Percy Pig on Sun 28/Oct/07 7:47pm

j1015642 wrote:
Percy Pig wrote:

Yeah seemed like it was...I was sifting down by the rocky part before the creek gap...Looking like a Road cone in ma orange vest :blush:

Ahh, so were you guys there when I had a wee moment on the rocks hidden in the dirt?? :huh:
Percy Pig
"Got a bone?"

Postby jnumbaz on Sun 28/Oct/07 7:49pm

Percy Pig wrote:
j1015642 wrote:
Percy Pig wrote:

Ahh, so were you guys there when I had a wee moment on the rocks hidden in the dirt?? :huh:

Yar...don't worry, you weren't the only one :thumbsup: :D

Teh kapeil with the shivvers? I may have some photos oi!
jnumbaz

Postby mtbrat on Sun 28/Oct/07 7:58pm

Rode the wharfedale out to Townsend and back, cracker day, good company, I am broken :blush:
mtbrat
"HUUUGE Tracts of land"
Member for: 19 years 7 months

Postby davie-b on Sun 28/Oct/07 8:01pm

Good ride in vagas today.
Up on the shuttle, down Tuhoto Ariki to Split ends then pondy dh and pondy new.

Tracks are mint so get out there :)
davie-b
Member for: 17 years 3 months

Postby Natral on Sun 28/Oct/07 8:37pm

Great day out in Welly today - left Hataitai at 11.30 to head via the Botanic Gardens to Makara. Sat in the car park and watched the police tow the wheelless BMW (ouch, watching the disks grate on the rocks was painful), then headed up to the summit via Aratihi. Haven't ridden that much of Makara in aaaaaaaaaages, and even though i was going slow (didn't want to push myself) I managed to have a great time. It's lovely to head into a mtb park and run into so many people i know :) Headed down to the skills area for some jump rolling then down to Sweet P's for a cuppa :). Then on to Brooklyn via Tanera Park (trying to avoid Ohiro Rd) to be offered a new flat (choice!). Then down to Oriental to catch the last of the rays, to run into two old mates who offered me beer. Decided beer in the sun would round off the day nicely :) The ride along the waterfront home was odd after the first two beer sensation i've had in months :D
11.30 - 8 pm, What a great day out. I love this town :)
Aratihi1.jpg
Last edited by Natral on Sun 28/Oct/07 8:50pm, edited 1 time in total.
Natral
Member for: 19 years 10 months

Postby skint on Sun 28/Oct/07 8:37pm

Today was one of those should've days. I should've joined Colin and co on the Maungatukutuku epic. I should've headed up to the Makara Work Party to up my karma rating. I should've hit the Bays and laid down some miles. Hell, I even should've been at work.

Instead I hit up some vintage wellytrack. By myself, alone with my new bike, which aside from a couple of runs into work and a quick blast up and down Mt Vic, hasn't had the mileage it deserves yet.

So a cruise through town, launching off more than a few kerbs (first full sus bike in 4 years, unless you count the NRS) , then a stop to play with shock pressures and drink espresso. Mojo may be everywhere, but they make a fine long black, and have good weekend hours.

Up the Rollercoaster, lamenting working too much and riding too little over winter. Down the grovel, up to Wrights. Then sweet sweet deliverance. I used every inch of the 5" front and rear, cleaning the track despite not having ridden it in well over a year. Such a good track - Jono and co, you deserve medals.

Up Koru, revelling in the precise shifting that only a new bike gives. It's a bit of a re-learning curve going back to trigger shofters from flappy paddle shifters (which I secretly rate).

Through the lower section of Sallys, then back through magic carpet to the Skills area for the usual faff around, then a couple more loops of Sally 1 and the Carpet before heading back down SWIGG, up Salvation, and down the Scout hall.

Verdict: new bikes rock, suspension bikes fly further, go faster, but make it really easy to overshoot corners on SWIGG. A fortnight ago I as a steel hardtail devotee, loving the simplicity, the connection of the trail. But not now. Suspension is just more fun.

Tonight I'm stoked like a grom with a girlfriend and a can of beer.
skint
"Mmmm. Cheesy toasted sandwiches."
Member for: 19 years 8 months

Postby Monolith on Sun 28/Oct/07 8:41pm

skint wrote:Tonight I'm stoked like a grom with a girlfriend and a can of beer.

:D :thumbsup:
Monolith
"Look! I still walk away"
Member for: 16 years 10 months

Postby rackerrack on Sun 28/Oct/07 8:42pm

skint wrote:
Tonight I'm stoked like a grom with a girlfriend and a can of beer.

:D
rackerrack
Member for: 17 years 0 months

Postby Jacob on Sun 28/Oct/07 9:28pm

went up and down K-loop, it was nice and dry for a change.
Jacob
Member for: 16 years 11 months

Postby yakuza on Sun 28/Oct/07 9:35pm

Jacob wrote: went up and down K-loop, it was nice and dry for a change.

Damn, i was going to go out there but was too tired. :D

Went to the djs on my dh bike. Was very tiring but managed to clear them all with ease :cool: :thumbsup:
yakuza
Member for: 16 years 5 months

Postby Chickie on Sun 28/Oct/07 9:37pm

skint wrote:It's a bit of a re-learning curve going back to trigger shofters from flappy paddle shifters (which I secretly rate).

I have been going through the same issue with the enduro - tried to swap the old flappy paddles onto the enduro but it had a tanty and said no :(

Anyway - sounds like you had an awesome time on your new baby :thumbsup:

Also :thumbsup: for Natral - great riding day all round
Chickie
Member for: 19 years 8 months

Cycling | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts