Re: Things That Make You Go W00t

Postby wuffy on Tue 19/Jan/10 8:29pm

My old 1978 fiat 1.3 does 130 max :p ...... but I wouldn't know that.
wuffy
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby happybaboon on Tue 19/Jan/10 8:30pm

pushbikerider wrote:
happybaboon wrote:w00t for buying a 1995 1.3 litre corolla. It will do up to and including 100km/hr (with a tailwind).

providing its a 5 speed one, it should do more like 140 ;)

It probably does, yeah. But I'll keep it at around 100, that way I can run it on the smell of my farts. :)
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 20 years 7 months

Postby pushbikerider on Tue 19/Jan/10 8:38pm

wuffy wrote:My old 1978 fiat 1.3 does 130 max :p ...... but I wouldn't know that.

really? :p

I don't know how fast my FXGT will go, I've not had it over 140, (but she still wants to rev at 140) :blush:
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 20 years 6 months

Postby shmoodiver on Tue 19/Jan/10 8:45pm

pushbikerider wrote:
wuffy wrote:My old 1978 fiat 1.3 does 130 max :p ...... but I wouldn't know that.

I don't know how fast my FXGT will go, I've not had it over 140, (but she still wants to rev at 140) :blush:

my bro's fxgt would pull 7800rpm in 5th :satan:
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby pushbikerider on Tue 19/Jan/10 8:50pm

shmoodiver wrote:
pushbikerider wrote:

180 speed cut out removed ? :crazy:

I won't say how fast I have driven cars on public roads :blush:
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."

Postby shmoodiver on Tue 19/Jan/10 8:52pm

yeah speedo disconnected.
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Postby t8500 on Tue 19/Jan/10 9:25pm

pushbikerider wrote:
shmoodiver wrote:
pushbikerider wrote:

7800rpm in 5th gear in a corolla gt is 240kms, mine cut out a 8200rpm (86 liftback nz new)

.... down a hill but :p
t8500
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby shmoodiver on Wed 20/Jan/10 8:13am

t8500 wrote:
pushbikerider wrote:
shmoodiver wrote:
pushbikerider wrote:

7800rpm in 5th gear in a corolla gt is 240kms, mine cut out a 8200rpm (86 liftback nz new)

.... down a hill but :p

wheel size haas a large effect on speed, my bro's was running 14's with low profiles
shmoodiver

Postby happybaboon on Wed 20/Jan/10 8:57am

I succumbed to the hype and watched the Air NZ cougar ad. That's actually pretty funny :D
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 20 years 7 months

Postby Wobbler on Wed 20/Jan/10 9:03am

would
Wobbler
User avatarMedal
Member for: 16 years 10 months

Postby crazychris on Wed 20/Jan/10 9:20am

happybaboon wrote:I succumbed to the hype and watched the Air NZ cougar ad. That's actually pretty funny :D

I was shown the ad on youtub on boxing day, it had about 2,000 hits. I showed to to a friend about a week late, it hadn't got any more popular by then. And now? With a little controversy, it's done over 140,000 views. One of these marketing methods seems to work better than the other...
crazychris
"Fitness and Fatness, now in equal measures!"
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Postby pedalingkiwi on Wed 20/Jan/10 10:03am

The top end of whakarewarewa trail network - something that gets touted as being the best has a lot to live up to - this place did not disappoint !! Multiple laps of Billy T, Corners, Huckleberry Hound, G-Link, Rollercoaster, Hot X Buns, Be Rude Not To, Old Chevy, (plus 2 others I can't mention cause they're 'closed' - NO logging action in sight or sound - what is that all about !!??) were silly good - gotta go back SOON :love: :)
pedalingkiwi
Member for: 16 years 6 months

Postby pushbikerider on Wed 20/Jan/10 10:28am

pedalingkiwi wrote:, (plus 2 others I can't mention cause they're 'closed' - NO logging action in sight or sound - what is that all about !!??) were silly good - gotta go back SOON :love: :)

RIGHT, I'm sorry, but you are fucking moron, and you like the handful of other munters that insist on riding Split enz and Pondy DH whilst the Forrestry company have closed them off to us, are potentially doing all Mountian bikers and users of the whaka forest a disservice.

the reason why the forestry company close these trails, is that potentially the logging crews can work on saturday and sunday as well (especially if they aree behind due to weather or diffucult tree's) so rather than say yes its closed over the week, but might be open on the weekend, they just close it, rememeber its their forest, and we need to respect that fact.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Do not ride trails closed by the forestry compaines for logging, as if they catch riders in their, or worse you get killed because of a tree thats hung up and falls unexpectedly, we risk not being able to access the forest at all
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."

Postby cruiser on Wed 20/Jan/10 10:32am

doh!
must be hard to refrain from split enz/ pondy if visiting from afar! how long they closed for?
cruiser
Member for: 13 years 9 months

Postby shmoodiver on Wed 20/Jan/10 10:35am

pushbikerider wrote:
pedalingkiwi wrote:, (plus 2 others I can't mention cause they're 'closed' - NO logging action in sight or sound - what is that all about !!??) were silly good - gotta go back SOON :love: :)

RIGHT, I'm sorry, but you are fucking moron, and you like the handful of other munters that insist on riding Split enz and Pondy DH whilst the Forrestry company have closed them off to us, are potentially doing all Mountian bikers and users of the whaka forest a disservice.

the reason why the forestry company close these trails, is that potentially the logging crews can work on saturday and sunday as well (especially if they aree behind due to weather or diffucult tree's) so rather than say yes its closed over the week, but might be open on the weekend, they just close it, rememeber its their forest, and we need to respect that fact.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Do not ride trails closed by the forestry compaines for logging, as if they catch riders in their, or worse you get killed because of a tree thats hung up and falls unexpectedly, we risk not being able to access the forest at all

don't be sorry dean, it's the 5% that fucks it all up for the rest of us
shmoodiver

Sifting - Latest Posts