Postby dezalfittar on Tue 30/Dec/08 10:33pm

Al_Bushman wrote: Me And Dezal had a hammerfest round SB's and summit road tonight. Feeling a lot better than yesterday.

Half the road missing on some bits of the summit road too - melted and stuck to someone's wheels by the looks.

:0 Think I need to get back out training again.
You get the pink slip for Thursday Al
dezalfittar
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Postby Lozz on Wed 31/Dec/08 12:06am

would be a pretty decent hurtfest with you two sykos! :satan: :thumbsup:
Lozz
"Shaven and misbehave'n"
Member for: 16 years 2 months

Postby dezalfittar on Wed 31/Dec/08 6:30am

Lozz wrote: would be a pretty decent hurtfest with you two sykos! :satan: :thumbsup:

Come join us on Thursday Lozz :thumbsup:
dezalfittar

Postby jimmymic on Wed 31/Dec/08 10:13am

Completed the ride that was abandoned a couple of days ago (http://www.vorb.org.nz/ftopicp-1998926.html#1998926) but with some new Goretex gloves - verdict on the gloves is good, still a little chilly after the 20min decent but better than a couple of days ago where I crawled onto the couch and shivered for a good 20 minutes before i could move.

Anyway, map and elevation attached, 80km, 1517m ascent, sifty 20.6km/h ave, max gradient 15% (better than yesterdays 22%).....
Road 30-12-2008.png
Road 30-12-2008, Elevation - Distance.png
jimmymic

Postby Lozz on Wed 31/Dec/08 10:52am

dezalfittar wrote:
Lozz wrote: would be a pretty decent hurtfest with you two sykos! :satan: :thumbsup:

Come join us on Thursday Lozz :thumbsup:

may well do... info?
Lozz
"Shaven and misbehave'n"
Member for: 16 years 2 months

Postby Oli on Wed 31/Dec/08 5:27pm

Lovely outing today in the new Roadworks kit for my star teammate Sifter and me - we rendezvoused at my place in B-Pore then fanged through Island Bay with a big tailwind, and anti-clockwise around the Bays. John's chatting pace is my anaerobic threshold, so it wasn't what I'd call an easy ride, but it was most enjoyable. Sifter performed super-domestique duties giving me a wheel into the worst of the headwind bits, but the rest of the time we rode side-by-side chatting and enjoying the scenery...We finished up at mine with a lovely cup of fresh coffee.

Great to have a catch up and cool ride. :)
Oli
Member for: 17 years 4 months

Postby tony_11 on Wed 31/Dec/08 6:24pm

Rode from the Airport up Hackthorne to SOK then along Summit Rd.. With a couple of powerhouses i work with so pace was pretty full on.
Got to Sumner and with a nice tailwind the pace increased ten fold.. I was doing 55ks over the Causeway and the guy in front was pulling away from me....

In all 62ks (hard ks for me)
tony_11
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby speedystu on Wed 31/Dec/08 7:18pm

Got out early and rode to Akaroa. Not too windy, not too hot, great time to ride when on the road at 7.00am. Hadn't factored in the Takamatua hill though - that is a steep s.o.b. after going along the Summit Rd and down Gebbies before Hilltop etc.
Still a great day on the road :D
speedystu
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby Joel on Wed 31/Dec/08 7:42pm

jimmymic wrote: Completed the ride that was abandoned a couple of days ago (http://www.vorb.org.nz/ftopicp-1998926.html#1998926) but with some new Goretex gloves - verdict on the gloves is good, still a little chilly after the 20min decent but better than a couple of days ago where I crawled onto the couch and shivered for a good 20 minutes before i could move.

Anyway, map and elevation attached, 80km, 1517m ascent, sifty 20.6km/h ave, max gradient 15% (better than yesterdays 22%).....

awesome :thumbsup:
Joel
"Style over speed"
Member for: 20 years 8 months

Postby Weevil on Wed 31/Dec/08 8:14pm

Thought I would try a different route today and my methodology basically composed of my thinking being " I have to stop doing so much flat roadwork and start putting a lot more hill work in" Having said this I didnt have much time to ride today so headed out to Leith Valley up onto Wakari Road, back down Taieri Road, Stuart St and back through town and back onto Cumberland Street and out to Andy Bay Road onto Queens Drive and then along Victoria Road. From there I cruised along the Esplanade back along Forbury Rd, Hillside Rd, Burns St, South Road and then finished by blasting up (lol yeah right) Eglinton Road then home to finish.

It took me an hour and 30 mins to do and it felt more rewarding than my previous routes and if I didnt haveto be somewhere I felt like I could have gone much longer but it worked out to be 25.22km with some serious hills (by my reckoning) in it. Gawd I hate hills but god it feels good to get up them. Oh and lol @ going about 10k down Eglinton Rd and the start of the ride due to the headwind.
Weevil
"Spills for thrills baby!"
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby znomit on Wed 31/Dec/08 9:45pm

Joel wrote:
jimmymic wrote: Completed the ride that was abandoned a couple of days ago (http://www.vorb.org.nz/ftopicp-1998926.html#1998926) but with some new Goretex gloves - verdict on the gloves is good, still a little chilly after the 20min decent but better than a couple of days ago where I crawled onto the couch and shivered for a good 20 minutes before i could move.

awesome :thumbsup:

Thats one big mother of a hill. :0
I did 33km, just over an hour, 10m ascent :thumbsup:
znomit
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Postby danose on Thu 1/Jan/09 7:41am

had a nice wee jaunt yesterday with the fridge, XCguy and a workmate out to the top of the purau/port levy saddle (headed out via the kiwi and summit rd cos you can never have too many hills). Man that road up to the saddle is awesomely sick (500m climbing in 5km)

then back around the bays to sumner - 110km at 27km/h average with 1600m climbing in total :thumbsup:

http://www.mapmyride.com/route/nz/cashmere/646613374935
danose
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 18 years 6 months

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Thu 1/Jan/09 10:46am

My first real ride in EIGHT WEEKS :blush:

My NY resolution to get back into it and do the Wild West Race and some group rides soon.

I went out to Kumeu and back on mostly the most gentle hills.....I wanted to be able to walk when I got home ;)
I even took my gear training bike.

46kms.

Hardly any traffic, light wind, sunny but lots of glass - I need to ring the councils again to do some sweeping.
FLATULENTFRIEND
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 14 years 2 months

Postby Al_Bushman on Thu 1/Jan/09 7:47pm

danose wrote: had a nice wee jaunt yesterday with the fridge, XCguy and a workmate out to the top of the purau/port levy saddle (headed out via the kiwi and summit rd cos you can never have too many hills). Man that road up to the saddle is awesomely sick (500m climbing in 5km)

then back around the bays to sumner - 110km at 27km/h average with 1600m climbing in total :thumbsup:

Me and Dezal did that one today except we dropped into Governors & rode back up Dyers. We were absolutely cooked by the end.
Al_Bushman
Member for: 16 years 5 months

Postby dezalfittar on Thu 1/Jan/09 8:12pm

Al_Bushman wrote:
danose wrote: had a nice wee jaunt yesterday with the fridge, XCguy and a workmate out to the top of the purau/port levy saddle (headed out via the kiwi and summit rd cos you can never have too many hills). Man that road up to the saddle is awesomely sick (500m climbing in 5km)

Me and Dezal did that one today except we dropped into Governors & rode back up Dyers. We were absolutely cooked by the end.

First time for me up to the summit above port levy.As much as that climb sucks ;) Ill be back for another go :thumbsup:
dezalfittar

Cycling | Road Cycling - Latest Posts