goldfish
Member for: 17 years 6 months

Postby Oli on Mon 24/Mar/08 4:59pm

It was lovely - I've got the mean as cycling tan this year! :D

Not so fun at the beach though... :paranoid:
Oli
Member for: 17 years 4 months

Postby psychavoc on Mon 24/Mar/08 5:04pm

Sounds like you had a great ride - and what a day for it! :) I contemplated taking the roadie out for a spin because I'd already ridden my other two bikes today, but then I thought I'd get heaps of washing done instead :blush:
psychavoc
"www.celiaridesbikes.com"
Member for: 19 years 4 months

Postby goldfish on Mon 24/Mar/08 5:10pm

....waiting for a non-fullface helmet to come home... the bays are calling! :)
goldfish
Member for: 17 years 6 months

Postby Oli on Mon 24/Mar/08 6:55pm

goldfish wrote: Oli you look badass!... but in a friendly, loveable kind of way :D

Rrraaaggghhh? :paranoid:
Oli

Postby happybaboon on Mon 24/Mar/08 7:11pm

Oli wrote: The Endless Summer continues! Decided to combine a BBQ at my in-laws with a ride, so the family drove out to J'Ville and I rode my Bianchi out the door, not quite sure which way it was going to take me, either straight to their place or the long way around...

Fuck I miss riding Makara road loop like I did all summer long :(

Your inlaws must be so thrilled that you graced them with your sweaty lycra-clad presence :D - You and them must either get on exceptionally well or not at all :D
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 20 years 10 months

Postby Oli on Mon 24/Mar/08 7:16pm

They :love: me! :D

Plus my wife and sons were there, so I was guaranteed of at least a reasonable reception... :paranoid:
Oli

Postby Oli on Mon 24/Mar/08 7:16pm

Oh, and sucked for not being able to ride Makara! :p
Oli

Postby Beeker on Mon 24/Mar/08 7:45pm

Oli wrote: I rode around the waterfront enjoying the summery atmosphere, then up Bowen Street onto Glenmore St then Chaytor St, where I got passed by a woman going so much faster then me that I thought I must have stopped by mistake! :crazy:

I don't mind that so much! ;) :blush:
Beeker
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Postby Oli on Mon 24/Mar/08 7:58pm

I'm used to it. :D
Oli

Postby Stun on Mon 24/Mar/08 8:15pm

Went for a ride up North East Valley, over the top of Mt Cargill to the other side, then back and over again. 2 hour spin, mainly hill work :)
While I was sitting at the lights on the way home, another roadie pulled up, I said G'day and was completely snubbed (I probably smell to be fair) and then when the lights went green he went for it...
Sad.
Especially when his 'going for it was so slow... and after I passed him he tucked right in behind me on the drops.

People are weird.
Stun
Member for: 19 years 11 months

Postby Oli on Mon 24/Mar/08 8:27pm

What a tool! :D
Oli

Postby Fergie on Mon 24/Mar/08 8:54pm

Beeker wrote:Anyone know if the council own the land that the old Maltworks is on? Thinking as I rode past that site would make a brilliant multi-porpoise venue, including a velodrome! Hell even an outdoor one there would be better than having to share Denton Speedrome with the reet thugby players in Hornby (this is a club where the boys stand around & have a fag before running out - I shit you not).

Sure by the time the orange boy had a go the fag was quite worn out.

Heard from Fergie. He enjoyed his night of drunken MTB trail riding & sodomy in Hanmer. He particularly enjoyed riding a Specialized & will now be frequenting the MTB forums. He is a bit embarrassed after he walked out into the hot pools there in his Speedo's only to find the pools had been designated an underpants transformation area. :crazy: :blush:

Sodomy? Sure that store is on Colombo and Tuam.
Last edited by Fergie on Mon 24/Mar/08 8:55pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fergie
"Fat, opinionated and can't ride a bike to save himself. Sounds overqualified to be a coach."
Member for: 16 years 6 months

Postby Joel on Mon 24/Mar/08 8:55pm

i have been hitting the indoor trainer as i am under strict instructions not to be out of contact at the moment, have discovered the wisdom of having a fan directed directly out me while riding!

looked awesome day for a good long ride though :) your looking pretty euro in that photo oli!
Joel
"Style over speed"
Member for: 20 years 8 months

Postby Oli on Mon 24/Mar/08 9:03pm

Still in a holding pattern, Joel? Best of luck, mate - can't be long now. :)

Yeah, this summer has been incredible for riding and, best of all, I've been able to actually ride some decent k's at times. I'm not fast but I'm starting to lose a bit of weight and I'm feeling strong enough to knock out 3 hour rides without melting down/getting sick. :D

The pics were taken as I was riding, so I'm stoked I don't look like a complete fool! :paranoid:
OliMakara2.jpg
TakarauGorgeandBianchi.jpg
Oli

Cycling | Road Cycling - Latest Posts