Re: Things That Make You Go W00t

Postby AgrAde on Fri 1/Apr/16 9:34pm

I'm waiting

This forum needs more random riding videos.
AgrAde
Member for: 18 years 5 months

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Fri 1/Apr/16 9:49pm

Smudge on my lens ruined all the footage from Craigieburn last Sunday :(
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal
Member for: 19 years 9 months

Postby AgrAde on Fri 1/Apr/16 10:07pm

Apart from that one clip :lol:
AgrAde
Member for: 18 years 5 months

Postby Wobbler on Fri 1/Apr/16 10:15pm

:hmmm:
Wobbler
User avatarMedal
Member for: 16 years 6 months

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Fri 1/Apr/16 10:17pm

:D
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Fri 1/Apr/16 10:23pm

Not quite as good as the Botty Grinder though.
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal

Postby philstar on Fri 1/Apr/16 10:54pm

Wobbler wrote:My woot, last day at workplace woo woo

congratulations
Wobbler wrote:one week off then starting new

commiserations (longer would be better apart from the money)
Wobbler wrote:awesome job

and congratulations
philstar
"misanthropic"
Member for: 16 years 2 months

Postby Kev on Sat 2/Apr/16 10:40am

AgrAde wrote:I'm waiting

This forum needs more random riding videos.

Is this random enough for you?

Kev
User avatarMedal
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby dwgknz on Fri 15/Apr/16 7:43pm

2 litres of conehead!!

image.jpeg
dwgknz
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby 13daza on Mon 2/May/16 10:06pm

AgrAde wrote:
Velocipedestrian wrote:Gonna show off how the nippers bike shopping expedition went?

What did he get? :)

This is important information.

In other news, sorted some new displays for my workstation. Got a dell 27" 2560*1440 and two second hand Philips 24" 1920*1200, all IPS type LCD panels so I can have them in portrait if I need to. No more fucking alt-tab is definitely a w00t :D

Sorry its taken so long to get back to this , turns out nine year old boys are a bit indecisive (To be fair I kinda expected this) We felt it was important for it to be his choice ,he wanted a flash MTB then a road bike was the order of the day (because he mostly rides on the road) and even a BMX but after a few fun rides on his old 20" MTB the decision has been made ,Kevin up at Laskeys (who is both generous and very patient) has arranged a FUJI Nevada 1.6 (XS) for Ethan ,its just outside the max value on the prize he won but Kevin is happy to do it for Ethan. We are heading up to Pahiatua on Saturday to collect it , I think I might have to take my bike as well so we can stop somewhere on the way back for a thrash . I will try and get a pic or two of the cheesy new bike grin lol

In related news I am also happy to report that my wonderful wife took pity on me when she realized that my son would own more bikes than me (and that my cracked frame 2002 Apollo MTB wasn't likely to last long trying to keep up with the boy) ,permission was granted (with a somewhat restricted budget) and a new MTB has been sourced (just within the budget) all is well and equilibrium has been restored to our little corner of the universe . This has of course created a new problem since we now have to park seven bikes and a soon to be completed recumbent trike (for the wife) and all the other stuff that goes with the bikes ,while my bikes have had the luxury of hanging on the wall in the Man cave things have been getting a little crowded of late and much shuffling of bikes and stuff has been an ongoing curse .
This has almost been solved with the near completion of a bike shed and workshop (hopefully next weekend )
13daza
Member for: 8 years 1 month

Postby Velocipedestrian on Tue 3/May/16 7:29am

Great stuff 13daza, top rate dadding there.
Velocipedestrian
"Now bicycles were never made for pale green pants to ride 'em. Especially spooky pale green pants with nobody inside 'em."
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby swtchbckr on Tue 3/May/16 9:19am

dwgknz wrote:2 litres of conehead!!

image.jpeg

PURE JOY!!!
Where'd ya get it?
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 17 years 2 months

Postby dwgknz on Tue 3/May/16 10:04am

swtchbckr wrote:
dwgknz wrote:2 litres of conehead!!

image.jpeg

PURE JOY!!!
Where'd ya get it?

At the brewery. Been pouring for the last 3 weekends too. Always stop by on Fridays for a rigger for the evening.
dwgknz
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby 13daza on Sat 7/May/16 11:47pm

So Kevin Laskey has come to the party big time and got in this Fuji Nevada 1.6 for Ethan we went up there today ,had a yarn with Kevin and Ethan got presented with his bike prize from the Bush Cycle Tour ,I should have filmed it the poor little bugger was so excited he was wriggling like a puppy we managed to get him to stand still for a couple of shots then he was off on his new wheels ,hes still smiling in his sleep lol
20160507_150032.jpg

we stopped in at Kiriwhakapapa on the way back down from Pahiatua for a ''proper'' test ride (Ethan insisted I take my bike so we could do this) we did a couple of km down the track and got our bikes nice and muddy Ethan is stoked .Going from a 20'' XTC jr to this 27.5 xs adult bike with proper shocks (that are adjustable and work) and hydraulic discs is a pretty big leap in capability and ride comfort the bigger sizing doesn't seem to be causing him any hassles at all
20160507_163359.jpg

and after our little test ride he was still all smiles
20160507_163555.jpg
13daza
Member for: 8 years 1 month

Postby Velocipedestrian on Sun 8/May/16 10:51am

Mint 13daza, watch out the top of his head stays attached, it looks a little precarious in that last shot.
Velocipedestrian
"Now bicycles were never made for pale green pants to ride 'em. Especially spooky pale green pants with nobody inside 'em."
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Sifting - Latest Posts