Re: Go The Dads!

Postby ShoreBoy on Sun 30/Mar/14 10:00pm

Datsane wrote:Yeah that will wear off after your third week of half your normal sleep.

I'm sure it will! The only thing I'm really sure I know about parenthood is that I know nothing about parenthood. I've tried to prepare myself as best as possible, but I'm pretty sure it's all learning as you go?

briiii wrote:And be prepared for a lot of crying too, some from the baby too.

Already there! :lol: Actually, that's a lie. The baby carrier has been utterly amazing (so far, and I only say that 'cos she'll probably try to kill me during labour). I seriously don't know how the womenfolk cope with pregnancy. Kinda makes me think that evolution/god/whatever should have sorted that shit out by now.
ShoreBoy
Member for: 16 years 1 month

Postby briiii on Mon 31/Mar/14 12:24pm

If she's 6 weeks away from due date and there haven't been many tears then you should be super pleased!

Try and keep a sense of humour in the first 6 weeks post birth... It can get a bit intense.

Shmoo looked after bub this morning before work cos I had a couple of quick missions to do. I can confirm that there is in fact nothing funnier than a baby's head appearing around a door at adult head height whilst the holder remains hidden. It cracks me up every time! This morning she appeared at the garage door when I pulled up.
briiii
"I'm a bikesexual"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby sifter on Mon 31/Mar/14 1:00pm

I had a nice moment watching my (recently acquired, 13-year-old) step-daughter on the podium at the Mt Vic Super D. Last year's "thanks to my mum, and John Randal" has been simplified somewhat to "thanks to my parents". :love: Having twins is cool...! (Well, they're about 2 months apart, and one born in Mongolia and who's been in NZ since a toddler, blonde, brunette, etc...)
sifter
Member for: 18 years 10 months

Postby Oli on Mon 31/Mar/14 1:07pm

Nice one! :love:
Oli
Member for: 17 years 2 months

Postby briiii on Mon 31/Mar/14 2:16pm

:withstupid:
briiii
"I'm a bikesexual"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby goldfish on Mon 31/Mar/14 2:30pm

sifter wrote:I had a nice moment watching my (recently acquired, 13-year-old) step-daughter on the podium at the Mt Vic Super D. Last year's "thanks to my mum, and John Randal" has been simplified somewhat to "thanks to my parents". :love: Having twins is cool...! (Well, they're about 2 months apart, and one born in Mongolia and who's been in NZ since a toddler, blonde, brunette, etc...)

Nawwwww :love: :love: That's so awesome *sniff*
goldfish
Member for: 17 years 4 months

Postby sweet_P on Mon 31/Mar/14 2:50pm

Love it - that's so cool John :D
sweet_P
Member for: 16 years 9 months

Postby dented on Mon 31/Mar/14 3:12pm

:thumbsup:
dented
Member for: 17 years 0 months

Postby sifter on Mon 31/Mar/14 3:15pm

:) x100
sifter

Postby EoinC on Tue 1/Apr/14 10:51am

dented wrote::thumbsup:

+1, John. You've made a difference.
EoinC
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Postby lubie on Tue 1/Apr/14 6:55pm

I reckon!! :withstupid: Warms the cockles that does, John :love:
lubie
Member for: 19 years 8 months

Postby sifter on Thu 3/Apr/14 8:54am

I told them both I was proud of them last night. One for riding Rod's drop on Mt Vic, and the other for saying no. :) Simon pointed out I should be getting rides in with them while I still can :D
sifter

Postby Malcy on Sat 5/Apr/14 7:28pm

W00T for maiming another parent's child!

:-D

Na, but in all seriousness, took CJ and her little mate (5 months older than CJ) to Wainui for a Wetlands lap. Poor lass had an off for using too much front brake, then copped then end of her handlebar to the chest. OUCH! Stoic wee girl though, fought tears, got back on, dusted herself off and rode on! YAY!

After finishing we had an ice cream, then the idea came up for the three of us to ride down Mt Vic! So, we did!

All in all a great afternoon!

CJ and Eve.jpg
Malcy
Member for: 19 years 10 months

Postby Kev on Sun 6/Apr/14 9:06am

Kev
User avatarMedal
Member for: 13 years 0 months

Postby znomit on Sun 6/Apr/14 9:21am

:D