Re: Unusual Cars Mkii Gti

Postby dented on Mon 13/Jan/14 7:58am

dented
Member for: 17 years 0 months

Postby dented on Mon 13/Jan/14 8:49am

Also, something not many people are aware of, the Fish team were at Fram dragway on Friday to do some 'testing' before the big meet the following day. Here is a picture about 60 feet out from the startline on what turned out to be their only test run on this day. A testament to the hard working crew that they were still able to make a show on raceday. Lil ol NZ dont have quite the stock of spares available as our 'murican cousins do...
whoopsie daises.jpg
dented

Postby Colin on Mon 13/Jan/14 11:20am

FFR were quoted over the PA before the 3rd side by side run that they had a truck full of spares and would be back for another run at dusk no matter what happened in the run they were lining up for.

The Mount Shop car blew a spark plug out on the way to doing a 5.1 in that run, so did not return for the later run at dusk

This proved to be the Fish cars cleanest run of the once I watched. Nitro flames from the first orange light came on all the way through to when he buttoned off at 3/4 distance.
Colin
Member for: 19 years 4 months

Postby dented on Mon 13/Jan/14 6:37pm

This is worth a look Colin. Oncar vid looking back at engine on Marsh's 5.09 run. Like you said it spat the plugs out, far from perfect was hazing the rears before the finish.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?v ... =2&theater
dented

Postby Colin on Mon 13/Jan/14 10:47pm

:thumbsup:
Colin

Postby thorg on Fri 17/Jan/14 8:47am

This might work.
IMG_20140107_160910.jpg
Work on the restoration has begun.
thorg
"what blog?"
Member for: 18 years 4 months

Postby Kev on Fri 17/Jan/14 3:30pm

Cadel Evans Holden Racing Team V8 Supercars drive
Kev
User avatarMedal
Member for: 13 years 0 months

Postby Colin on Fri 17/Jan/14 5:35pm

thorg wrote:This might work.

Colin

Postby Datsane on Sat 18/Jan/14 10:01pm

Colin wrote:

Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 18 years 4 months

Postby pushbikerider on Sat 18/Jan/14 10:31pm

Into the restoration, good to see :thumbsup:
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 20 years 6 months

Postby ButtersNZ on Tue 21/Jan/14 2:09pm

Does anyone else get into track days or competitive racing?

My family has built up a 7agte-powered FX-GT. The 7agte is the 1.8l Carib block (7a) and the 1.6l twin cam head (4age), turbocharged. Ours has a TD05 from an Evo 8 and makes 190 kw atw.
It's built for track days with LSD, rollcage and adjustable suspension.

Engine pic
http://i.imgur.com/yw2UbOa.jpg

Here's quick a video of it. It has a bit of lag so wouldn't mind a shorter ratio gear box. Too much wheelspin as is though.
ButtersNZ
Member for: 8 years 9 months

Postby ShoreBoy on Tue 21/Jan/14 3:16pm

You had me at track day, and even more at Toyota!

I've got a 4AGTE powered KP60 Starlet race car. It's a 16v 4AGZE, did have a VF38 Subaru twin scroll turbo making 180kw @ 18psi until that turbo shat itself. Car has been sitting for a bit due to lack of funds, but I'm just about to strap a TD05 on soon.
Have had the car for a few years, but haven't done any proper circuit racing. I was having my very first crack at that with SS2000s in Taupo at easter last year when the turbo blew (on turn 6, lap 1 of friday practice...)

Have done a fair few club events, motorkhanas, sprints, autocross and hillclimbs though.

190kw is alot to be putting through the fronts! :thumbsup:
ShoreBoy
Member for: 16 years 1 month

Postby ButtersNZ on Tue 21/Jan/14 5:33pm

ShoreBoy wrote:You had me at track day, and even more at Toyota!

I've got a 4AGTE powered KP60 Starlet race car. It's a 16v 4AGZE, did have a VF38 Subaru twin scroll turbo making 180kw @ 18psi until that turbo shat itself. Car has been sitting for a bit due to lack of funds, but I'm just about to strap a TD05 on soon.
Have had the car for a few years, but haven't done any proper circuit racing. I was having my very first crack at that with SS2000s in Taupo at easter last year when the turbo blew (on turn 6, lap 1 of friday practice...)

Have done a fair few club events, motorkhanas, sprints, autocross and hillclimbs though.

190kw is alot to be putting through the fronts! :thumbsup:

Woohoo! That sounds awesome. What kind of diff/axles are you using out of interest? My friend had a KE25 with a 4agte and broke a few within very little time.

Here's a pic, perhaps you've seen it around.
Last edited by ButtersNZ on Wed 22/Jan/14 9:29am, edited 1 time in total.
ButtersNZ

Postby ShoreBoy on Tue 21/Jan/14 9:12pm

I've seen that KE before, on TradeMe a while back?

I'm using a shortened Mazda B1600 diff housing with B1600 axles and a Series 3 RX-7 (8 bolt) LSD. That's all mated to a shortened Landcrusier drive shaft and a W55 box. Kinda hefty, but also fairly robust :D

Here's my little toy:
GoodSmall1.jpg
ShoreBoy
Member for: 16 years 1 month

Postby ButtersNZ on Wed 22/Jan/14 9:27am

Yeah it was on there for ages before he bought it. Got it tuned and broke an axle on the test run. Got another axle made up, broke that on the test run.. then sold it haha.
(I meant axles in the above post, not drive shafts)

That's a strooong set up. Sweet little weapon. Get it running and off to some track days :D
ButtersNZ

Cars | Motoring | Sifting - Latest Posts