Re: Where Did You Ride Today?

Postby Hardy3 on Wed 7/Sep/11 9:45pm

Sifty ride after work,

Mt Vic > Top Super D line > TTS > Up and down transient x2...super flowy and hardly any pedal strokes but still pinning it = :cool: Loving the Ragley!
Hardy3
Member for: 14 years 2 months

Postby Udo on Mon 12/Sep/11 10:34pm

MIKI Miki to Kiriwhakapapa and back. about 16km of goodness. I'll be back for more of that!
:sly:
Udo
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Postby onyabike on Wed 14/Sep/11 1:25pm

shiver me timbers that wasnt there last week.
tipping-point.jpg
onyabike
"logging capital of nz"
Member for: 16 years 11 months

Postby phantasim on Wed 14/Sep/11 2:31pm

onyabike wrote:shiver me timbers that wasnt there last week.

Nope dont miss Nelson riding at all Ian... :(
phantasim
"Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.."
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby Colin on Thu 15/Sep/11 10:27am

Got lost again last night.

Home via Polhill trails and the wind turbine.

Trails were pretty damn dry despite the rain in last couple days.

Kudos to the skilled builders for the extensive use of out slope, grade reversals and armouring.
Colin
Member for: 19 years 0 months

Postby shmoodiver on Sat 17/Sep/11 4:48pm

quick little 20km with Briii at the sandpit today, she's riding with heaps moar confidence and the foes is really starting to get dialed.... could well end up being rather dangerous
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby mudlover/hater on Sat 17/Sep/11 5:14pm

Just up for a lap of Danzig and Big Weta at Belmont :love:

Gonna suck balls when they start pulling the trees down though.... :huh: :angry: :cry:
mudlover/hater
"Hoh. Hoh. Hoh. Now I haf.. a machine gun."
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby Udo on Sat 17/Sep/11 10:52pm

Khandallah-Broadmeadows, up Sirsi to Kaukau then over Skyline to Makara, loop thereof then home via subway.
Udo
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Postby znomit on Tue 20/Sep/11 6:52pm

Where the hell did this guy ride?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/manawatu-standar ... ston-North

Missing man could be in Palmerston North
A Whanganui man who went for a bike ride and never came home could be in Palmerston North, police say.
David Joseph Hill, 35, was last seen near his car in the Whanganui suburb of Gonville on September 13.
After the sighting, he is believed to have gone home and then left for a mountain bike ride about 2pm.
The reason for Mr Hill's disappearance is not known but police believe he could be anywhere in the North Island, including Manawatu.
Senior Sergeant Lance Kennedy said the public had provided police with plenty of information but nobody had seen Mr Hill since September 13.
Mr Hill has blonde hair, blue eyes and stands about 189cm-tall. He rides a distinctive Milazo yellow and black mountain bike, and was believed to be wearing a blue shirt and black parka.
Anyone with information about Mr Hill whereabouts can contact the Whanganui police on 06 349 0600.
znomit
Member for: 14 years 1 month

Postby wachtourak on Tue 20/Sep/11 9:46pm

Bottom bit of the Mt Vic Super D track after a few beers, way heaps mean bro
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 19 years 6 months

Postby Colin on Wed 21/Sep/11 11:10pm

A bunch of Polhill tracks before riding home.

Cracker night for it.
Colin
Member for: 19 years 0 months

Postby phantasim on Thu 22/Sep/11 1:03pm

First ride since ribs met pine tree a few weeks ago, just played around on the hardtail on brakefree for a bit followed by a few shifty runs down sesame st sazzas, dazzas and raceline, much much fun :love:
phantasim

Postby Arki on Thu 22/Sep/11 3:22pm

phantasim wrote:First ride since ribs met pine tree a few weeks ago, just played around on the hardtail on brakefree for a bit followed by a few shifty runs down sesame st sazzas, dazzas and raceline, much much fun :love:

bugger must have missed ya was up there on the big ugly bit of a dodgy day, I swear the trees are reaching for me :blush:
Arki
Member for: 18 years 6 months

Postby phantasim on Thu 22/Sep/11 3:45pm

Arki wrote:
phantasim wrote:First ride since ribs met pine tree a few weeks ago, just played around on the hardtail on brakefree for a bit followed by a few shifty runs down sesame st sazzas, dazzas and raceline, much much fun :love:

bugger must have missed ya was up there on the big ugly bit of a dodgy day, I swear the trees are reaching for me :blush:

Never even thought to give you a yell sorry fella, was good times too. Thought taking the little dirtjumper might of contained the enthusiasm a bit. I obviously forgot how much fun the little thing is, paying for it now tho.
phantasim

Postby TheMantis on Sat 24/Sep/11 4:27pm

Took the Nomad out to Makara Peak today. Arrived to a full carpark at 1130 - a good sign. Headed up Koru to the skills area to suck in some oxygen before nipping up Snake Charmer to the summit. To say it was a bit windy would be an understatement. Down Zacs Track, North Face, JFK, Smokin,RLE, Snake Charmer, NF, JFK, Smokin, RLE.

Ran into the trail fairy on RLE and got some quality time with his canine companion. This big fella was pretty keen to get some hop on's on the Nomad.

Back up Snake Charma to Sally Alley and through to Missing Link, up the 4WD and down Leaping Lizard. Had a tanty at the junction of LL and Possum Bait Line when I discovered the rest of LL was closed. Up PBL (first time, nice blow arse track), reversed Nikau and LL and followed the 4WD back to the summit.

It was now blowing like forty bastards. I'm a pretty big unit and even I didn't feel confident in the wind. Finished the ride off by going back down NF, JFK, Smokin, SWIGG, Starfish. Fully knackered. Now destroying a fair quantity of beer.
DSC00006.jpg
Loving the Nomad.
TheMantis
"Taking care of last place so you don't have to"
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Cycling | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts