Re: Where Did You Ride Today?

Postby onyabike on Thu 14/Apr/11 8:08pm

Wednesday.
Last edited by onyabike on Thu 14/Apr/11 8:12pm, edited 1 time in total.
onyabike
"logging capital of nz"
Member for: 17 years 4 months

Postby onyabike on Thu 14/Apr/11 8:10pm

Wednesday. To skid, or not...
wed.jpg
onyabike
"logging capital of nz"
Member for: 17 years 4 months

Postby pushbikerider on Thu 14/Apr/11 8:18pm

managed to get out of work early today, so went home, decidedon a whim to grab the MOB, pedaled out to the forest,

Tahi, first part of creek, into the middle 3rd of dipper, then up nursery road for 5 runs of the revised section of challenge (yes the fun pumpy flowy jumpy section) riding back tothe top each time, then a run down the exit trail and home via the Scion fencline (which is rather narrow in places when running 760mm wide bars :blush: ) only an hour and half door to door but gret to get out and was awesome to play round on the MOB, its been a few weeks
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 20 years 8 months

Postby pushbikerider on Sat 16/Apr/11 7:02pm

Out again today in the wet, took the 29er out today, just for a short one to clear the head a bit

rode out from home

Tahi, creek, up lion, turkish delight (awesome trail!) challenge, dipper, then off home

not a huge ride by any standard, but good fun
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 20 years 8 months

Postby northernmonkey on Sat 16/Apr/11 10:01pm

Woodhill in the pissing rain...
northernmonkey
"The North will Rise Again"
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby Colin on Sat 16/Apr/11 10:40pm

Took a novice visiting from Ireland for his first ever mountain bike ride today.

Full lap of Makara Peak, including SWIGG and Starfish.

He was stoked with mtb'ing - carried on for a second half lap of Koru - SWIGG and Starfish.

The man didn't know is wasn't supposed to be easy. Rode the whole thing without and drama including the step on Starfish.

Seems he might be in the market for a mtb when he gets back to Ireland.
Colin
Member for: 19 years 6 months

Postby Colin on Sun 17/Apr/11 4:58pm

Aka's - Ho Chi Mihn and Three Sisters

Primo
Colin
Member for: 19 years 6 months

Postby jeyboi on Sun 17/Apr/11 5:03pm

Got out for a ripper skid on the cross bike today. Loving the range of this bike - handles MTB trails nicely, and still gets along OK on the road. I fitted a pair of Maxxis Raze 35c cross tyres yesterday (replacing my NoTubes Crows) so was interested to see how they went on muddy trails.

Started with a lap at Makara Peak (Rimu, RLE, Big Toms, Sally Alley, ML, Aratihi, North Face, RLE, Big Toms, Lazy Fern), then cruised up Salvation, before a quick pause at the top of Wrights Hill to jettison arm warmers - I thought it was meant to be cold today?! Down Scout Hall, then Goldmine, pleased to get up to Waipu Rd without putting a foot out. Then up the road to Denton Park, along Hibro, then Transient. Dropped into town, then out along Hutt Rd, towards SH2. Picked up some wheelsucking tarbaby along near Onslow Road, which was super. Had a good hack out as far as Petone, before heading along the foreshore as far as the Hutt River. Hooked left, and rode along the riverbank, across the sports grounds, under the rail bridge, and along as far as Melling Bridge. Ran out of motivation at this point, so turned back the way I had come. Found some nifty singletrack sections on the western side of the river. Well, they weren't lost, and look like they get used a fair bit, so I didn't really "find" them, but you know...

Back into town along SH2 feeling pretty decent. Back along Hutt Road, and sifted along the waterfront, before cruising round Oriental Bay. Figured since I was already round that far I should keep going, so did a lap of the bays. Still feeling like Superman, I made good progress (and decided I need to fit a larger front chainring) until about Scorching Bay. Somewhere between there and Seatoun my legs shut up shop. In retrospect, I'd been out for about 4 hours at that point, and had only had a bottle of water. Meh, no point crying about it. Asked my legs for MOAR POWER and they gave me the finger, so I cruised the rest of the way home - up Happy Valley, then up to Hibro, before popping out at the top of Aro Valley, to follow the tarmac the rest of the way home.

Super to get out on what was a lovely calm day. :cool:

In the absence of any sort of GPS tracking I have attached evidential photographs.
wrights.JPG
Top of Wrights Hill, overlooking the city
huttriver.JPG
Aforementioned nifty singletrack
bays.JPG
Looking from Moa Point across Lyall Bay
fin.JPG
... and I'm spent.
jeyboi
Member for: 12 years 9 months

Postby sifter on Sun 17/Apr/11 5:19pm

nice work! I like the photos! And, the request for Moar Power. Well done! :D
sifter
Member for: 19 years 0 months

Postby ryda on Sun 17/Apr/11 5:24pm

Colin wrote:Aka's - Ho Chi Mihn and Three Sisters

Primo

yes, thanks Craig Dave and Colin :thumbsup:

having never riden in those parts of the forest or much other for that matter :( , it was totally awesum,
my riding has been a bit meh lately...but that has renewed my enthusium, thanks again
ryda
"WTF"
Member for: 16 years 10 months

Postby rackerrack on Sun 17/Apr/11 6:07pm

ryda wrote:
Colin wrote:Aka's - Ho Chi Mihn and Three Sisters

Primo

yes, thanks Craig Dave and Colin :thumbsup:

having never riden in those parts of the forest or much other for that matter :( , it was totally awesum,
my riding has been a bit meh lately...but that has renewed my enthusium, thanks again

Yeah It was another good day in the bush with you fullas.
rackerrack
Member for: 17 years 2 months

Postby PhilterNZ on Sun 17/Apr/11 9:29pm

pushbikerider wrote:Took the 29er out for a skid today, tahi, creek, mad if you don't, up hill road, frontal lobotomy, billy-t, split enz, pondy DH, pondy new, rollercoaster, moonshine, chinese menu, turkish, dipper, stopped to have coffee at the car park, then home

nice little sift, shows that I really need to get a suspension fork on there, and probably a lighter set of rims than rhino "lites".

The more I ride the Curtlo the more I'm enjoying the big wheels for the XC stuff and surprised by how manourveable, flickable (and jumpable) it is.

The trails were running nice, lots of grip, but no puddles or standing to water to be seen, although I was quite suprised at how much the xterra had cut up frontal, and I'm not really keen to go and check out what G-rock is like after Xterra

Hey Dean

Damn good to see you on the trails last week, hadn't been on the bike for a few weeks so great to have a first ride in a while in the Redwoods. Planning on hitting them for a day over Easter.... Good to see you are well :)
PhilterNZ

Postby scatter on Sun 17/Apr/11 9:37pm

Phil!
How the hell are ya?! :cool:
scatter
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"
Member for: 19 years 10 months

Postby PhilterNZ on Sun 17/Apr/11 9:49pm

scatter wrote:Phil!

Mighty fine :) Just not getting out on the bike much days, and even more rarely Vorbing.... keep promising to get back on the bike, but get too busy.

Hows yourself, still down south ?
PhilterNZ

Postby scatter on Sun 17/Apr/11 9:52pm

PhilterNZ wrote:
scatter wrote:Phil!

Mighty fine :) Just not getting out on the bike much days, and even more rarely Vorbing.... keep promising to get back on the bike, but get too busy.

Hows yourself, still down south ?

All good down here ('cept for the shakes). Have just started to ride again but the weather is conspiring against me.
scatter
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"
Member for: 19 years 10 months

Cycling | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts