Re: Where Did You Ride Today?

Postby rackerrack on Sun 6/Mar/11 6:25pm

Rode up the Levin trig a couple and a half times with my daughter in preparation for the secondary schools,putted down Gardner and the SS Downhill and half a run of the Edge.Lots of good work going on with the tracks up there.
rackerrack
Member for: 17 years 2 months

Postby banga on Sun 6/Mar/11 8:15pm

rackerrack wrote:Rode up the Levin trig ...Lots of good work going on with the tracks up there.

Double true, the single track climb to the top isn't too far away from being finished and Kurts done some awesome work on Gardner, its fast and fun right now.
banga
Member for: 19 years 7 months

Postby mudlover/hater on Sun 6/Mar/11 8:29pm

Not even sure if it was actually that cold today but did the Grand Loop at Makara and down North Face instead of Ridgeline :crazy:.

Maybe I'm just not used to such a bitter southerly... Good wee taste of winter though. Might as well start honing the wet weather bike handling skills for the coming months..
mudlover/hater
"Hoh. Hoh. Hoh. Now I haf.. a machine gun."
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby onyabike on Thu 10/Mar/11 7:08pm

Up to the Browning hut and back today.
trackside.jpg
coming-right-up.jpg
onyabike
"logging capital of nz"
Member for: 17 years 4 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Thu 10/Mar/11 7:23pm

Wow, nothing so adventurous...
My usual after-work lap of Transient - Highbury Fling and back [the same way, not like the shakey skidder I saw off down dopers, cheeky n00b]

always fun, and super impressed with how it handles the wet, and the changes in traction as it dries :thumbsup:
Velocipedestrian
"Now bicycles were never made for pale green pants to ride 'em. Especially spooky pale green pants with nobody inside 'em."
Member for: 16 years 1 month

Postby jeyboi on Thu 10/Mar/11 8:20pm

I got out for a neat ride on Tuesday. I had a couple of hours between lectures, so did a superman change and moseyed up Wainui hill. Decided on Rata Ridge, so headed along that way for a bit. Was surprisingly dry up there given the weather over the weekend, so most of the tricky bits were pretty sweet. I did dismount for one teeny section on the descent, as nobody knew I was up there... but really enjoyed the riding! Popped out in Wainui, and cruised around WTP for a little bit, before heading back over the hill and back to class. Was fantastic fun :thumbsup:
jeyboi
Member for: 12 years 9 months

Postby jeyboi on Sat 19/Mar/11 10:24pm

After a week of tarmac filled commuting, I was out the door at the retarded hour (speshly for a weekend) of 6:30 this morning. Retarded cos I was still half asleep, and also because it was dark for the first 20 minutes or so of the ride...

Headed along the road, then up Salvation to start off. I was on my rigid steel machine, with Angry on my plastic Niner and Tiger on his Flux. After a bit of wobbling around in the dark and inadvertently running into the odd tree, we all got to the top of Salvation in one piece. Headed round the boundary fence, and up the "grovel" - first time I've been up there in years (literally). At the top, headed along the road to Hawkins Hill. At this point, Tiger dropped nuts and headed home, while Angry and I headed down the Tip Track. We turned around at the bottom gate - after I'd shaken the blood back into my hands from the rough descent - and headed straight back up. Back down the road, back round the fence, back down Salvation, then into Makara. Did the usual Koru/SA/ML/Aratihi to the top, then cruised down North face etc. Great to get out on the dirt after a nice easy week, that's for sure, although not sure how long it'll take for the "rigid" novelty to wear off... :D

More decent weather tomorrow means I should get out for another skid. Choice :thumbsup:
jeyboi
Member for: 12 years 9 months

Postby onyabike on Sun 20/Mar/11 5:38pm

Shuttle runs up at Ben Nevis today. Ahhh, the divine laziness.
onyabike
"logging capital of nz"

Postby Colin on Sun 20/Mar/11 6:45pm

Yesterday - Makara Park for a Trailmaster course

Couple of laps at Mirimar this morning

Then out to Wainui to session some of yesterdays new skills
Colin
Member for: 19 years 6 months

Postby NzidaR on Sun 20/Mar/11 9:13pm

1st time round Tree Trunk Gorge. :thumbsup: :D awesome place to ride. Pretty sweet ride back to Turangi through the forest too. Makes me want to do more adventure rides. :)
NzidaR
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby onyabike on Tue 22/Mar/11 3:19pm

Here today.
blend-right-in.jpg
onyabike
"logging capital of nz"

Postby thelongwalk on Sat 26/Mar/11 11:06am

Spent a couple of days riding up in rotorua. While the logging stopped me from riding my favourite route and the odd deep puddle kept things interesting, had a great time. Forgotten how long it takes to ride up to Billy T. Visits to Zippys and the hotbaths. Park very empty mid week, didn't see any locals to ask if there is any new track building going on.
thelongwalk
Member for: 13 years 9 months

Postby shmoodiver on Sat 26/Mar/11 4:22pm

Chased the riders on the Dual today, was mega biek carnage, 6 snapped rear mechs just on the first climb.... sticky mucky clay. Rode an 11 stumpjumper elite with a BRAIN! was ok, a little flexy in the rear, climbed well but the biggest let down was the float RL on the front, flexy in the steering and way too much deflection at pace, the air spring didn't like rough ground for too long either getting quite stiff and loosing small bump even on short decents
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby siggy on Sun 27/Mar/11 9:29pm

ScreamingO in wellington lived up to it's name today! Awesome to ride through Orongaronga single track. the 4WD was perhaps the most fun I've ridden, plenty of traction, rocks, and speed. Headwind a bit of a drag in final stretch. Thanks Shane & co for putting on an awesome event in a location normally offbounds to bikes!
siggy
Member for: 12 years 10 months

Postby fatwombat on Sun 27/Mar/11 11:55pm

Went up to the NZSS MTB champs in Levin: sifty ride round the course with the wombatessa on Friday evening in the warm sunshine: lots of nice, dry, firm, easily rideable singletrack ...

Then was Saturday ...
NZSS MTB champs - mar 2011 008.JPG
New technology organic chain lube?

NZSS MTB champs - mar 2011 085.JPG

NZSS MTB champs - mar 2011 065.JPG
Life is an up-hill struggle ...

NZSS MTB champs - mar 2011 088.JPG
Just finishing is a big relief!

More pics from the U14 boys and U16 girls XC races - https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=96751&id=1615952478&l=0ce1926085

Big mudfest, some awesome grit shown by the kids up there. Well done to everyone who finished.
fatwombat
"Our planet is the mental institution of the universe. - Goethe"
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Cycling | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts