Re: Where Did You Ride Today?

Postby thelivo on Wed 10/Nov/10 9:40pm

Tip track

Ugh

Carparts extension + carparts - W00t!

Misunderestimated the length of my new bars though on a couple of the tighter spots!! :D :D
thelivo
"Jens Voigt's Suitcase of Courage will not fit in the overhead compartment."
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby Oli on Wed 10/Nov/10 9:50pm

Oli
Member for: 17 years 4 months

Postby thelivo on Wed 10/Nov/10 10:05pm

Wondered who would pick up on that
:D
thelivo
"Jens Voigt's Suitcase of Courage will not fit in the overhead compartment."

Postby ShoreBoy on Wed 10/Nov/10 11:16pm

Took the better half for her very first ride at Riverhead!
ShoreBoy
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Sat 13/Nov/10 9:36pm

Craigieburn

PB120448_crop.JPG

:love:
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal
Member for: 20 years 3 months

Postby jeyboi on Sat 13/Nov/10 10:47pm

I took the dirty route home from work today - up Transient, Sawmill, Carparts, Carparts extn, then up Wrights Hill. Last Saturday I descended Salvation, but figured I might as well go for a steam down Deliverance - I hadn't been down there since about April I guess?! Good fun, always nice to get a clean run down there, speshly when the confidence is low...
jeyboi
Member for: 12 years 9 months

Postby DaveAldred on Sat 13/Nov/10 10:56pm

Sifted around Papkowhai School, teaching my girl how to ride without training wheels. Been working on it for a while but this was the first time she got it. Very emotional to let go, watch her wobble a bit then straighten up and hammer out about 70m!

Ice creams at the dairy ensued. Very proud dad. Very exciting day.

The other day on the way home from a meeting in the Hutt, I carried up Last Sun in Belmont. Shit the bed thats an awesome track! I didn't have the time, but look fwd to riding down and honing my gnar till I can steam all the gaps. Good chicken routes around the airs for the non-swimmers too. So really modern xc ;o) . Do it now while it is bone dry though. It would be a huge handful if slippery.
DaveAldred
"Bushlove - Strictly Sifting"
Member for: 16 years 8 months

Postby mudlover/hater on Sun 14/Nov/10 8:10am

DaveAldred wrote:
The other day on the way home from a meeting in the Hutt, I carried up Last Sun in Belmont. Shit the bed thats an awesome track! I didn't have the time, but look fwd to riding down and honing my gnar till I can steam all the gaps. Good chicken routes around the airs for the non-swimmers too. So really modern xc ;o) . Do it now while it is bone dry though. It would be a huge handful if slippery.

Just when I think I'm a 'proper' mountain biker, I read something like this that just makes me go, ' :eh: '

:lol:
mudlover/hater
"Hoh. Hoh. Hoh. Now I haf.. a machine gun."
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Postby DaveAldred on Sun 14/Nov/10 10:18am

Haha! A wise man once said that the best mountainbiker was the one having the most fun. Proper mountain bikers are any who just enjoy the ride, whatever it maybe.

Since getting on a fully I am expanding what I can ride. It stands to reason that with shocks, discs, wide bars and big tires, I should be able to extend myself a little further than the riding I was doing many many moons ago.

Great day out there today in Wellington!
DaveAldred
"Bushlove - Strictly Sifting"
Member for: 16 years 8 months

Postby jeyboi on Sun 14/Nov/10 2:49pm

DaveAldred wrote:Haha! A wise man once said that the best mountainbiker was the one having the most fun. Proper mountain bikers are any who just enjoy the ride, whatever it maybe.

Dunno about being "proper", but I completely agree with the rest of that - infact, it should also apply to other disciplines too IMO... Wise words Davo. :thumbsup:
jeyboi

Postby mudlover/hater on Sun 14/Nov/10 3:50pm

True dat. :)
mudlover/hater
"Hoh. Hoh. Hoh. Now I haf.. a machine gun."
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Postby shmoodiver on Sun 14/Nov/10 4:02pm

a bit like riding handicap bike on the trails you've ridden too often, gives them a different edge and brings back that lol factor
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Postby Colin on Sun 14/Nov/10 7:29pm

Makara Peak yesterday.

Wainui today.

Both rides were over two hours. Finally starting to get some strength and endurance back.

Hmmm, time to think about returning to the Jungle.
Colin
Member for: 19 years 5 months

Postby Simon_K on Sun 14/Nov/10 8:12pm

Makara for a brief tootle today. Chock full of Nurofen I managed to enjoy myself and get the bike good and dusty. Now to get back into regular after work rides and aim towards xmas rides at Eskdale again :cool:
Simon_K
Member for: 17 years 2 months

Postby jeyboi on Tue 16/Nov/10 3:12pm

I got out for a cruise around on the MTB today, although I nearly got blown over on the way into town!

Hit a lap of the old nats course on Mt. Vic, before heading through town & Central Park. Got about 400m up the tip track before being blown over. Considered turning back, but slogging up Happy Valley Road into the wind didn't appeal... so I carried on. Got blown off the track on the top half again, before heading along Carparts extn, Carparts, Sawmill, Highbury Fling and down to Aro Valley.

Good fun, but DAMN that wind is strong out there!
jeyboi

Cycling | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts