Re: Roadies - Where Did You Ride Today?

Postby Kiwicyclo on Tue 5/Oct/10 8:31pm

Taper week for Motu 160 this week, easy 90 minutes TT bike yesterday. Today Gisborne Cycle Club twilight handicapped series started, 45 minute ITT (not really but felt like it) to claw back 17.30 minute handicap over 32.5 km.
Kiwicyclo
"Arguing on the internet is like the special olympics, even if you win you are still retarded."
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Postby Joel on Tue 5/Oct/10 8:41pm

that is a brutal handicap for such a short distance.
Joel
"Style over speed"
Member for: 20 years 6 months

Postby Kiwicyclo on Wed 6/Oct/10 5:17am

Joel wrote:that is a brutal handicap for such a short distance.

Ya sort of get that when the Handicapper has no idea and wont listen . . . .but hey . . . .
Kiwicyclo
"Arguing on the internet is like the special olympics, even if you win you are still retarded."

Postby Kiwicyclo on Wed 6/Oct/10 7:48am

90 minute recovery ride . . . . uuuugh! all done for the day now thogh.
Kiwicyclo

Postby Klarkash-ton on Wed 6/Oct/10 10:08am

Hey SR, I've seen a few guys like you, and am probably a bit like that myself. from the look of the garmin tracks you've posted you've been doing the miles, so you now need to back yourself and get into right mindset. You're going to do a great time, so get with the right group and be confident in the training you've done and the ability you have!
Klarkash-ton
"I ride to support my eating habit"
Member for: 14 years 2 months

Postby Klarkash-ton on Wed 6/Oct/10 10:09am

slapped on some aerobars for training last night (team tt this weekend, should be an experience!). Also tried out the new wheels, they felt awesome :thumbsup:

changed back to the old wheels for the commute in, but left the bars on. Went up the akas first thing, felt like shit with nothing in the legs, also rear brake pads need replacing so low confidence on the descent, but after getting to sh2 I decided to get some tt practice in on the bars. bear in mind I have no experience, and haven't changed any aspect of the bike fit, I was pretty happy to sit around the 40 kph mark from upper hutt to Ngaranga. Started to run out of steam on the Hutt Motorway but a cool guy I passed just before Maungaraki (?) had joined in and took some good turns at the front. GREAT!

wish I hadn't left my drink on the kitchen counter though...

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/51846352
Klarkash-ton
"I ride to support my eating habit"
Member for: 14 years 2 months

Postby SaturnReturn on Wed 6/Oct/10 10:28am

Klarkash-ton wrote:Hey SR, I've seen a few guys like you, and am probably a bit like that myself. from the look of the garmin tracks you've posted you've been doing the miles, so you now need to back yourself and get into right mindset. You're going to do a great time, so get with the right group and be confident in the training you've done and the ability you have!

Cheers for the kind words man...sometimes hard to gauge how 'ready' you are for an event u haven't done before. Im thinking group 3 or 4 at this stage....mite be optimistic and roll with 3. So dont want to do what i did at taupo last year - under estimate myself, smash my group, then smash myself because i ended up alone haha!

Holding 40k on the aero was good work...would love to take a full tt bike for a spin one day aye.
SaturnReturn
Member for: 17 years 11 months

Postby Derryn Hinch on Wed 6/Oct/10 10:33am

I looked out the window at lunchtime yesterday and decided it was too good a day to waste inside.

So I went for a ride around the Akas and found nirvana - a tailwind virtually the whole way :thumbsup:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/51845804
Derryn Hinch
"....... but I never called her fat!!!"
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby cooper770 on Wed 6/Oct/10 11:20am

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/new-zeala ... 1684140202 -last night about 50km

http://www.mapmyride.com/route/nz/feild ... 1655110335 - this morning 85km

had my shiney new wheels on for both rides....custom built by Wheel Works and a joy to ride on, Stiff, responsive and feel awesome when climbing.
cooper770
"Enjoy the sandpit Kids, some of us have left Kindy."
Member for: 13 years 0 months

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Wed 6/Oct/10 7:21pm

:) Lovely day for a ride today - sunny with light winds and just warm enough for a short sleeved top.
FLATULENTFRIEND
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 14 years 0 months

Postby Mr_Jolly on Wed 6/Oct/10 7:26pm

scungy little commute..first ride in a couple of weeks..Loved it ( got passed by a dude in Oli.co.nz shorts)
Mr_Jolly
Member for: 16 years 0 months

Postby snr_merv on Wed 6/Oct/10 10:35pm

I rode to the top of Mt Grey in North Canterbury from Christchurch, 150k round trip with 30k of gravel, 900 and something metres above sea level at the top. A bit hot out there, but awesome ride :cool:
mtgrey1.jpg
mtgrey2.jpg
mtgrey4.jpg
snr_merv
Member for: 18 years 7 months

Postby murphyflair on Thu 7/Oct/10 1:48am

Nice ride snr_merv :thumbsup:
How does riding on gravel for that long feel?
A beer is so amazing after a long hot ride!

Went for a super ride today. Went through town then up Dyers. Whilst going up I got passed by what felt like 100 motorcycles. Good to see everyone enjoying the great weather. Got up dyers in a respectable time. Had a mean hoon on the way down then thought why not do that again? And shot up again in a faster time :D Stoked as, first time going up twice, mean descents and stellar weather!
murphyflair
Member for: 12 years 9 months

Postby Kiwicyclo on Thu 7/Oct/10 8:35am

45 mins MTB, 45 minutes TT, still on taper for motu 160! riverside rd and pb flats
Kiwicyclo

Postby sifter on Thu 7/Oct/10 8:53am

snr_merv wrote:I rode to the top of Mt Grey in North Canterbury from Christchurch, 150k round trip with 30k of gravel, 900 and something metres above sea level at the top. A bit hot out there, but awesome ride :cool:

Looks lovely! :)
sifter
Member for: 18 years 10 months

Cycling | Road Cycling - Latest Posts