Re: Your Photography

Postby mundi on Tue 29/Dec/09 6:15pm

Scored my mums old 80-200mm lens so been playing around with it. Its old and non IS, but itl learn me good.
Damon 110.JPG
mundi
Member for: 19 years 8 months

Re: Your Photography

Postby Datsane on Tue 29/Dec/09 10:48pm

eyeball wrote:Ordered my new camera today after having a wee play with one in noel lemmings( cheaper on the net haha) ended up buying a Fujifilm FinePix S2000HD was really cheap and was looking for something that would be able to do a little bit of photoghapy for school etc, But really wanted to start making some decent movies and stuff so with HD video recording it should do just fine. :) Can't wait for it to show up to start having a play maybe go film some biking yay.

Make sure it doesn't rattle when you get it :crazy:
Datsane
User avatar
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 18 years 4 months

Re: Your Photography

Postby eyeball on Tue 29/Dec/09 11:30pm

Datsane wrote:
eyeball wrote:Ordered my new camera today after having a wee play with one in noel lemmings( cheaper on the net haha) ended up buying a Fujifilm FinePix S2000HD was really cheap and was looking for something that would be able to do a little bit of photoghapy for school etc, But really wanted to start making some decent movies and stuff so with HD video recording it should do just fine. :) Can't wait for it to show up to start having a play maybe go film some biking yay.

Make sure it doesn't rattle when you get it :crazy:

lol, Will do if it does that mite be a problem lol it was like $140 cheaper off the net than i could get in a local shop coming from an Auckland store.
eyeball
User avatar
"Whatcha wana do ya wana go hunt some moose"
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Re: Your Photography

Postby ThingOne on Wed 30/Dec/09 9:58am

Throw that child ;)

Loving the new 7D
alana.jpg
ThingOne
User avatar
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Re: Your Photography

Postby ThingOne on Wed 30/Dec/09 10:01am

RJD wrote:1st 7D video,as law dictates, its a pet (my new bengal kitten) , shot at 720/50 fixed focus (badly) downmixed to 25fps, going to take a bit of time to work it all out I think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CnY8wxZp4c


How are you getting on with the focus when making movies?.. im not sure what to really set the camera to too get good focus?
ThingOne
User avatar
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Re: Your Photography

Postby woodsy on Wed 30/Dec/09 11:22am

ThingOne wrote:
RJD wrote:1st 7D video,as law dictates, its a pet (my new bengal kitten) , shot at 720/50 fixed focus (badly) downmixed to 25fps, going to take a bit of time to work it all out I think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CnY8wxZp4c


How are you getting on with the focus when making movies?.. im not sure what to really set the camera to too get good focus?


fstop 7 - 22 produce not to bad focus on wider lenses on teles im starting round f10 (tried it on f 2.8 video on here somewhere of rain very short dof)

and just pre focus b4 filming im using manaul setting

you can use the focus on button (which is crap hunts round makes lots of noise)
woodsy
Member for: 18 years 0 months

Re: Your Photography

Postby RJD on Wed 30/Dec/09 1:06pm

Yeah prefocusing before, not something I've realy concentrated on with the 2 youtube vids I've done but thats what I'm doing.

Have tried manual focus changes during filming with some success after practice.

The contrast Af detect mode in filming is just horrid and unusable.

Have another kitten movie online now, 3min total, probably took me 3.5 hrs to do ( 1hr+ editing, 30min rendering, 30min upload), this isnt quick or easy to do! Having fun with it tho lots to learn lots of mistakes to make.

Have figured out you need to be on M mode to have any control over aperture/shutter speed or ISO....
RJD
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Re: Your Photography

Postby woodsy on Wed 30/Dec/09 9:10pm

been using with 24-70mm @ 2.8 and 5.6 on a 300mm 2.8 with 2 x converter in manual still lots to learn just been
editing
link doesnt work any more
http://www.666pix.com/Vids/7d/7453973_h ... 5179_sqjGH realy crap quality so compressed dof looks not that good and jumpy

and way too light a tripod with brand new ball head so a bit bindy (set up in the car so whenever a car drove past or gust off wind moved car)

and might pay to turn sound of or down
Last edited by woodsy on Fri 1/Jan/10 1:53pm, edited 1 time in total.
woodsy
Member for: 18 years 0 months

Re: Your Photography

Postby RJD on Wed 30/Dec/09 9:58pm

mmm 300/2.8 would love a play with one of those.. Hopefully have a 400/5.6 soon. Tried a 100-400 and wasnt impressed enough to push me that way.

7D definatly can produce with video just need the skill and stuff bolted round it to do it properly.
RJD
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Re: Your Photography

Postby woodsy on Wed 30/Dec/09 10:51pm

RJD wrote:mmm 300/2.8 would love a play with one of those.. Hopefully have a 400/5.6 soon. Tried a 100-400 and wasnt impressed enough to push me that way.

7D definatly can produce with video just need the skill and stuff bolted round it to do it properly.


its a sigma 120-300 its a pain in the ass on my 1d bodys (front focuses) but on 7d sweet as my 100-400 was a realy good lens until it died

very sharp. and just uploaded a bigger version of what i did before (7d vid). us isquint to compress to mp4
sample -2251.jpg
100-400 on a 10d
237394408_img_7871.jpg
100-400 on a 10d
woodsy
Member for: 18 years 0 months

Re: Your Photography

Postby woodsy on Sat 2/Jan/10 10:16am

first sunset 2010
first sunset-4483.jpg
woodsy
Member for: 18 years 0 months

Re: Your Photography

Postby elpalmo on Sat 2/Jan/10 4:09pm

Got a filter set for xmas. Makes boring days look choice!
portrait-lines.jpg
little-lines.jpg
elpalmo
Member for: 16 years 0 months

Re: Your Photography

Postby pinkmaggit on Sat 2/Jan/10 9:29pm

woodsy wrote:
pinkmaggit wrote:There was an update yesterday for the 7d, did that fix anything?
The 7d is superb - I wish I could justify one...

yeah updated to 2.6 but doesnt have acr profile, has camera profiles. better than 2.5 beta profile but not good enough might be time to go
to dxo labs software soon the canon software is getting better though must admit starting to use that more now that lightroom starting to bug me
I use both the DxO and lightroom software, I think lightroom is more user friendly but dxo has some real nice presets, plus you get a little nicer result.

I just got a 500d twin lens kit for xmas. Been playing with a efs 60mm 2.8 USM macro lens - it's quite nice. Only bad thing about the 500d is that it's not full frame so no fisheye lenses for me.
IMG_0124.jpg
pinkmaggit
User avatar
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Re: Your Photography

Postby JohnnyC on Sat 2/Jan/10 10:31pm

pinkmaggit wrote:Only bad thing about the 500d is that it's not full frame so no fisheye lenses for me.


I was pondering this today, brands like sigma make a 10mm fisheye lens (16mm full frame equivalent) so I was wondering if anyone had tried one and how they compared to something like canon's own 15mm fisheye??
JohnnyC
User avatar
Member for: 19 years 8 months

Re: Your Photography

Postby RJD on Sat 2/Jan/10 10:49pm

Theres a 3rd party (samyang?) 8mm fisheye supposed to be pretty decent.
RJD
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Photography | Sifting - Latest Posts

Who is online

0 Users browsing this website: No registered users and 0 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • ProBikeKit

cron