Re: Your Photography

Postby RJD on Fri 20/Nov/09 9:16pm

400 isnt weatherselaed either :( but focuses a lot faster than the 300 w 1.4

As for grey import - the seller basicaly manages the warrenty back whereit comes from, canon lenses have international warrenties.
RJD
Member for: 14 years 7 months

Postby woodsy on Sat 21/Nov/09 1:58pm

grey/parallel imports once outside warrenty if needs service canon nz may refuse to fix or service
if buying grey try get mack extended warrenty canon nz will look at item if issues arise
woodsy
Member for: 18 years 2 months

Postby spiderweb on Sat 21/Nov/09 5:51pm

woodsy wrote:grey/parallel imports once outside warrenty if needs service canon nz may refuse to fix or service
if buying grey try get mack extended warrenty canon nz will look at item if issues arise

cheers, the warranty issues (shouldn't need to action anything but always murphy's law) have always made me think twice about parallel importing lenses but dollars make it pretty attractive.

I see the trademe dealers who do the parallel imports say return to them and they deal with the overseas canon agents. All very well while that seller is in business but maybe the price premium to be able to go to canon direct if the need ever presents itself is not a bad thing afterall......mmmmmm tricky call
spiderweb
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby RJD on Sat 21/Nov/09 6:45pm

With canon all they care about is a valid warrenty card, lenses have international warrenties and you should be fine with them.

Bodies dont and the grey importer should support the warrenty probably by sending it away to where it came from, more haslte inthe rare chance it needs it.

Just orderd a 7D and 17-55 from bartman on Tm... :O
RJD

Postby jnumbaz on Sat 21/Nov/09 7:04pm

RJD wrote:With canon all they care about is a valid warrenty card, lenses have international warrenties and you should be fine with them.

Bodies dont and the grey importer should support the warrenty probably by sending it away to where it came from, more haslte inthe rare chance it needs it.

Just orderd a 7D and 17-55 from bartman on Tm... :O

I've had a look at drop shipping as a business endeavor and decided that it was just too risky. Bartman probably gets his gear from here

http://dropshippernetwork.com/

The biggest problem was running the risk of customs getting hold of the package and billing you for the GST. Generally the Dropshipper does not calculate this into their advertising cost. The companies that offer this service will usually mark the packages as "confectionary gift", in order to get past customs.

OTY if it's worth the risk.
jnumbaz
"high-powered mass-cannon throwing tessellated plasma forward in an orgy of death and destruction"
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby RJD on Sat 21/Nov/09 7:33pm

BM is sending me a GST invoice so I guess gst is paid...
RJD

Postby Tugboat on Sat 21/Nov/09 8:27pm

Drop shipping is against the Tardme terms and conditions too so you run the risk of being banned. But with what the likes of Bartman must generate them in success fees I think they pretty much turn a blind eye to it.
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"
Member for: 16 years 8 months

Postby wolffman1 on Sat 21/Nov/09 11:43pm

There was a thunderstorm here last week at sunset, but I only managed to catch a few flashes. I arrived about 20 mins too late and left 20 minutes too late as they locked the car park gate behind me so I had to drive my car out along a pathway and out through a park to get home
DSC_0063_188sml.jpg
Sunset last week with a thunderstorm rolling through
DSC_0076_201sml.jpg
DSC_0087_212sml.jpg
wolffman1
"Maaangooo"
Member for: 14 years 2 months

Postby WH on Sun 22/Nov/09 6:27am

Very nice... love the long exposure effect of water over the rocks too.

The one and only time I tried to take lightning shots I set the camera to a 20s exposure (using a ND grad) then left it for ages with the remote shutter release locked on. 500+ shots later, and despite there being numerous lightning flashes, I didn't capture a single one! They somehow always occurred during the half-second or so between exposures :angry:
WH
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby RJD on Sun 22/Nov/09 10:34am

I've captured a few though non are stunning, lots of long exp shots with ND filters...

RJD

Postby wolffman1 on Sun 22/Nov/09 2:54pm

it was a reasonably frustrating experience. Normally it would flash just after the shutter closed, and then heaps when it was writing the image to the card, and then would stop for the 20 secs I was making the exposure. luck and perserverance required in equal measures
wolffman1
"Maaangooo"
Member for: 14 years 2 months

Postby Datsane on Mon 23/Nov/09 2:54pm

Lightning is Awesome.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 18 years 6 months

Postby Tugboat on Wed 25/Nov/09 9:03pm

RJD wrote:Hahaha I almost bid against you, realy after a 400/5.6 so I didnt...

Gratz, ace lens!

RJD... seen this yet? http://www.trademe.co.nz/Electronics-ph ... 505452.htm
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"
Member for: 16 years 8 months

Postby RJD on Thu 26/Nov/09 9:58am

Yeah on my watchlist...

7D and 17-55 just turned up tho, so will have to wait a bit before I go for a 400, and for that price BH will ship me a new one.

7D - ace, complece, but ace.
RJD

Postby woodsy on Sun 29/Nov/09 9:55pm

went out to bnt v8s got a few good shots still working threw them but heres a couple so far
-0011.jpg
-0012.jpg
-0014.jpg
-0009.jpg
Last edited by woodsy on Sun 29/Nov/09 10:03pm, edited 1 time in total.
woodsy
Member for: 18 years 2 months

Photography | Sifting - Latest Posts