Re: Your Photography

Postby elpalmo on Thu 12/Nov/09 8:42pm

Got the new Canon 7d today. Very impressed so far (from the ten mins out of the box before the battery went flat). Really looking forward to shooting some video with it :D
leaves.jpg
elpalmo
Member for: 16 years 4 months

Postby Conners on Thu 12/Nov/09 9:22pm

elpalmo wrote:Really looking forward to shooting some video with it :D

Really looking forward to watching some video you've shot with it :blush:
Conners
User avatarMedal
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 19 years 6 months

Postby woodsy on Sat 14/Nov/09 10:20pm

went out to ashley gorge
-1345.jpg
-1341.jpg
woodsy
Member for: 18 years 4 months

Postby JohnnyC on Sun 15/Nov/09 9:04am

elpalmo wrote:Got the new Canon 7d today. Very impressed so far (from the ten mins out of the box before the battery went flat). Really looking forward to shooting some video with it :D

Ohhh I want a 7D, my 10D seems to be crapping out and I don't think I can even afford another second hand one :(
JohnnyC
Member for: 20 years 0 months

Postby RJD on Sun 15/Nov/09 9:34am

7D, 5D2, 7D, 5D2, 7D, 5D2, 7D, 5D2, 7D, 5D2, 7D, 5D2, 7D, 5D2, 7D, 5D2, 7D, 5D2, I'm confused....
RJD
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby Tugboat on Sun 15/Nov/09 10:04am

One needs both if one can't decide.
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"
Member for: 16 years 10 months

Postby Bob_Jones on Sun 15/Nov/09 12:30pm

Just a few photos ive taken around the house in the last few days. Gotta admit, being very tempted to spend some proper money on a dslr. My wee point and shoot was starting to struggle
DSC02213 copy.jpg
DSC02228 copy copy.jpg
DSC02253 copy.jpg
DSC02274.JPG
Bob_Jones
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby JohnnyC on Sun 15/Nov/09 2:35pm

RJD wrote:7D, 5D2, 7D, 5D2, 7D, 5D2, 7D, 5D2, 7D, 5D2, 7D, 5D2, 7D, 5D2, 7D, 5D2, 7D, 5D2, I'm confused....

From what I can tell, the 7D improves on all the small niggles the 5D mkII had but the only drawback is it uses a 1.6x crop sensor instead of full frame. I'd love to have a play with either of them some time
JohnnyC
Member for: 20 years 0 months

Postby cauld on Sun 15/Nov/09 3:50pm

JohnnyC wrote:
RJD wrote:7D, 5D2, 7D, 5D2, 7D, 5D2, 7D, 5D2, 7D, 5D2, 7D, 5D2, 7D, 5D2, 7D, 5D2, 7D, 5D2, I'm confused....

From what I can tell, the 7D improves on all the small niggles the 5D mkII had but the only drawback is it uses a 1.6x crop sensor instead of full frame. I'd love to have a play with either of them some time

Urm... I have the 7D on my Christmas list.

From what I can tell the image quality is not that wonderful, but, it odes have a decent AF system and of course it has the fast shutter speed.

I have a 5D MkII already... not that many niggles with it to be honest. Takes some pretty nice photos... even action photos.

The 7D and 5D MkII are VERY different cameras- Apart from the shitty, deliberately crippled AF system the 5D MkII is a pretty decent bit of kit. Having both a 7D and 5D MkII makes a nicely priced alternative to a 1D MkIII/IV and 1D MkIIIs combo for those of us who don't have that kinda coin.

cauld
"God Botherer Botherer"
Member for: 17 years 0 months

Postby wuffy on Sun 15/Nov/09 6:53pm

elpalmo wrote:Got the new Canon 7d today. Very impressed so far (from the ten mins out of the box before the battery went flat). Really looking forward to shooting some video with it :D

DAM YOU AND YOUR D7! How much was it?
wuffy
Member for: 13 years 8 months

Postby WH on Thu 19/Nov/09 1:17pm

More or less on-topic... I recently noticed some dust spots on my pics, which I assumed was dust on the sensor. The sensor looks clean though (to the naked eye, anyway), so I looked at my lens... I swear there's about half a ton of dust in there, mostly on the inside of one of the outer-most lens elements (Nikon 18-200mm VR). I can only assume it got sucked in there when the lens has been extended for zooming and the internal volume increases, drawing air in. It obviously needs to be serviced/cleaned, the question is 'where?'.

I live in Tauranga and the only decent camera shop I know is Carters here in town. Has anyone had any experience with them, or would you recommend somewhere else? (I'm thinking no further than say Hamilton or Rotorua, if I need to drop it off) And can anyone shed any light on how much lighter my wallet will be for a lens clean?

At some point I will take the lens into Carters and get a quote, but I thought I'd post on here to prepare myself for the answer...

Cheers.
WH
Member for: 14 years 7 months

Postby RJD on Thu 19/Nov/09 1:32pm

Dont just look at the sensor, you wont be able to see the dust.

Shoot a clean piece of white paper (focus not important) at f22 or smaller and view the image, that should show them up, use a different lens to see if its dust on the lens but typicaly it wont show.
RJD
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby Adrenalinejunkie on Thu 19/Nov/09 10:20pm

Not mine but pretty O for Orsum.

pbpic2318381.jpg

pbpic3401026.jpg
Adrenalinejunkie
"Bikes are like chicks. You can ride any of them well, but some are just more likely to impress your friends."
Member for: 14 years 1 month

Postby ArjanH on Thu 19/Nov/09 10:44pm

Adrenalinejunkie wrote:Not mine but pretty O for Orsum.

Geez! He/She OK?
ArjanH
Member for: 14 years 7 months

Postby jnumbaz on Fri 20/Nov/09 7:28am

To all you pro-types, I'm looking at buying an SLR and originally had my sites set on a New Canon 450D. But looking around, it appears that i can get my hands on a second hand 40D for around the same price. Advice?

Cheers
Dan
jnumbaz
"high-powered mass-cannon throwing tessellated plasma forward in an orgy of death and destruction"
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Photography | Sifting - Latest Posts