Re: Go The Dads!

Postby sifter on Wed 5/Aug/09 10:37am

ThingOne wrote:From my 4 Yr Old Daughter

"mum, I really am sick, but I don't need to go in the amboolince. That's only for when you eat a flower or break your arms and legs. I hope I never break my arms and legs."

Eat a Flower??? :D

:lol: Nice!
sifter
Member for: 18 years 7 months

Postby Malcy on Mon 10/Aug/09 10:44am

So on Saturday I got to take Cameron-Jayne out on her wee-ride for the first time. A wee blat around Oriental Parade. It was heaps of fun sharing that with my little girl!

And she was laughing, chatting and high fiving during the ride too, which was great!!!
malc and CJ.jpg
Malcy
Member for: 19 years 7 months

Postby Malcy on Mon 10/Aug/09 11:30am

Datsane wrote:Chris loves Bikes, got that from me thats for sure :crazy:

CJ does this crazy sign language thing. She points at the bike in my "man shed" which has he baby seat on it, then beats her chest!!! lol

We've only done the one ride, but now every time it's to the front door, she points to her helmet, then her head, then looks at me. :D

YAHOO!!!
Malcy

Postby Datsane on Wed 12/Aug/09 9:58pm

I got snapped today got home from a ride and Chris sees me in the kitchen with riding gear and bag "Want to go for a ride, Yes"
"Yes it was a good ride" I replied He looked very confused and went back to playing :lol:
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 18 years 1 month

Postby dented on Tue 1/Sep/09 8:45am

Dented's hot tip for today.

You know those big old batteries you have sitting around for night riding, fully charged and ready to go with the wire and plug attached, with the exposed metal terminals. Storing these in a handy, easy to reach place like the floor for example, with lots of other small metal objects nearby, such as bolts and suchlike, can help you reinforce a very important lesson, such as "Dont play around with Dads stuff in the garage", far more effectively than just asking nicely.
dented
Member for: 16 years 8 months

Postby sifter on Tue 1/Sep/09 9:19am

dented wrote:Dented's hot tip for today.

You know those big old batteries you have sitting around for night riding, fully charged and ready to go with the wire and plug attached, with the exposed metal terminals. Storing these in a handy, easy to reach place like the floor for example, with lots of other small metal objects nearby, such as bolts and suchlike, can help you reinforce a very important lesson, such as "Dont play around with Dads stuff in the garage", far more effectively than just asking nicely.

:lol: :crazy:
sifter

Postby goatie on Tue 1/Sep/09 10:06am

Started up a 'Dads 'n' Lads' club...

Rapaki had a decent burn to it with the extra weight on board.
006.JPG
goatie
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Postby sifter on Tue 1/Sep/09 10:14am

Awesome! :)
sifter

Postby Datsane on Wed 2/Sep/09 10:18pm

Hahaahaha
At least he didn't lick them :crazy:
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby Malcy on Sun 13/Sep/09 3:52pm

goatie wrote:Started up a 'Dads 'n' Lads' club...

Rapaki had a decent burn to it with the extra weight on board.

That is AWESOME!!!

Weerides are awesome eh? Nice!
Malcy

Postby Malcy on Sun 13/Sep/09 4:14pm

Just like me yesterday...

"CJ, don't eat that, it's plugged in. No CJ, don't eat daddy's laptop cord. CJ!! "

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Lesson learned. :D

(Feel guilty as shit really.)
Malcy

Postby Datsane on Mon 14/Sep/09 10:06pm

Chris is learning to use the toilet :thumbsup: He's pretty good at saying when he needs to go but still a few wee accidents.
Trying to take the if you want to approach at this stage, last thing I want is for him to start hating it.

I told him if he poo's on the loo I'll take him for a ride, no ride as of yet.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby dented on Sat 3/Oct/09 7:58am

Question time, and I appreciate any input from Mums too.

My 2 older kids drink bottles (of milk), after breakfast, and before bedtime. It settles them, they are used to it, them like their bottle.
I went to my daughters Plunket appointment yesterday (shes 19 months old), and the plunket lady said I need to stop giving bottles, because they end up with rotten teeth from the milk sitting around their teeth.
Now, this has caused some disharmony in the household. Mum doesnt believe, or agree, with it. I think milk in their diet must still be good (could be wrong?), but the hardest thing is getting them out of the routine.
Is this just the lastest greatest bit of info from Plunket, or is it something that this particular plunket nurse thinks? What do you guys think?
dented
Member for: 16 years 8 months

Postby Spokes on Sat 3/Oct/09 8:13am

dented wrote:Question time, and I appreciate any input from Mums too.

My 2 older kids drink bottles (of milk), after breakfast, and before bedtime. It settles them, they are used to it, them like their bottle.
I went to my daughters Plunket appointment yesterday (shes 19 months old), and the plunket lady said I need to stop giving bottles, because they end up with rotten teeth from the milk sitting around their teeth.
Now, this has caused some disharmony in the household. Mum doesnt believe, or agree, with it. I think milk in their diet must still be good (could be wrong?), but the hardest thing is getting them out of the routine.
Is this just the lastest greatest bit of info from Plunket, or is it something that this particular plunket nurse thinks? What do you guys think?

2 Pieces of advice,

1, Ignore Plunket staff. Most I have delt with have to criticize something everytime they see you. They made my wife very upset over the whole Breast feeding thing when she just didnt produce enough milk. We started topping up with powder and the Plunket nurse freaked out and called us bad parents. I told her to get out and not bother coming back. After the top ups the child was way happier. Both kids are doing great.

2, Ask your local dental nurse at a school or Dentist. It sounds like B/S to me but they will confirm or deny. And they would know which is true.
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 16 years 7 months

Postby swtchbckr on Sat 3/Oct/09 10:03am

totally keep milk in their diet, but get them to drink from normal cups. or at least cups with mouthspoutythings. our 2 year old still likes his (warmed) milk in a spout cup before sleepytime and night-night. (but then, he's only just finished breastfeeding). but wtf(!) are plunket on about. yeah, bottles maybe not, but milk totally. altho, after two they dont need full fat anymore. as long as you brush their teeth they're not gonna go rotten just yet.
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 17 years 3 months

Sifting - Latest Posts