Re: Where Did You Ride Today?

Postby Oli on Tue 7/Jul/09 7:03pm

Bodhi and I had an epic ride around Red Rocks to see the seals. Freaking hardest ride I've done in ages. Even with Bodhi's not inconsiderable booster help, by the time I got back to Owhiro Bay I was totally spent from riding through all the deep sand and rubble, so we got home by sheer guts and determination. :D
BodhiRedRocks4.jpg
Oli
Member for: 17 years 3 months

Postby Willey_Coyote on Tue 7/Jul/09 7:06pm

Bottle lake today
very wet and just about 80% of the trails are now closed, the newly made ones are bogs - glad I am not racing tonight.

might have to make the drive to mC Cleans on the single speed. :(
Willey_Coyote
Member for: 14 years 7 months

Postby istepinyards on Tue 7/Jul/09 7:06pm

O for Oarsome Oli :love:
istepinyards
"I'm not arrogant, I am just better than you. That is a scientific fact."
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby Oli on Tue 7/Jul/09 7:12pm

istepinyards wrote:O for Oarsome Oli :love:
Cheers, Dave! :thumbsup:
BodhiRedRocks3.jpg
Oli

Postby Oli on Tue 7/Jul/09 7:29pm

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting! :D
BodhiRedRocks2.jpg
Oli

Postby dented on Tue 7/Jul/09 7:33pm

Too far :huh:
dented
Member for: 17 years 1 month

Postby shmoodiver on Tue 7/Jul/09 8:19pm

yes :hmmm:
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby Monolith on Tue 7/Jul/09 11:17pm

I got out for a meaty skid before work today. Up the cemetary track, along skyline to makara. Up varleys and zac's, then down ridgeline. Nicko, you're right about it being a little muddy :paranoid: . Carried on down RLE and swigg before cruising into town.
Monolith
"Look! I still walk away"
Member for: 17 years 0 months

Postby Oli on Tue 7/Jul/09 11:51pm

dented wrote:Too far :huh:

shmoodiver wrote:yes :hmmm:

Bad day boys? :eh:
Oli

Postby shmoodiver on Wed 8/Jul/09 7:23am

coffee bitch was sick so i started at 7am then there was the staff meeting that kept me there till 6.30. good times.
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby thorg on Wed 8/Jul/09 7:27am

Oli wrote:Bodhi and I had an epic ride around Red Rocks to see the seals. Freaking hardest ride I've done in ages. Even with Bodhi's not inconsiderable booster help, by the time I got back to Owhiro Bay I was totally spent from riding through all the deep sand and rubble, so we got home by sheer guts and determination. :D
It really is a mini Oli :blink:
thorg
"what blog?"
Member for: 18 years 6 months

Postby fox on Fri 10/Jul/09 6:55pm

Last ride before university restarts and I have to buckledown. Urgh.

Rode Up Koru to skills area and mucked around on the structures. Steamed down swigg starfish which was mint!!! Warm up done. Across the road and up salvation for my first time ( ghey on a DH bike would have been amazing otherwise) Then did my virgin run on Deliverance in the slippy wet. That track is bloody insane. The top section had me giggling and loving it the whole way down. I can see why people crash the first drop was epicly cool but its a bloody surprise and that massive rock section was sweet just pinning and letting the bike do the work. Then it got to the bottom stream crossing bits. :huh: Water up the shorts and in the shoes. FUCKING COLD. Mean fun to finish my holidays.
fox
Member for: 17 years 7 months

Postby UnimatrixZero on Sat 11/Jul/09 6:04pm

Rode a loop of Makara MTB Park this afternoon, then along Skyline to the Chartwell turn-off, down to the Wilton substation, then down into the valley and back up along Skyline to Makara Peak.

The work done on Skyline is FANTASTIC! You can ride all the way without stopping at gates, and some new single track means you can avoid all those short grunty climbs (if you want to).

Well done to whoever did all that work. I had not been up there since January - was really surprised how much had been done.
UnimatrixZero
"He who will not reason is a bigot; he who cannot is a fool; and he who dares not is a slave."
Member for: 16 years 10 months

Postby thelongwalk on Sun 12/Jul/09 9:28pm

UnimatrixZero wrote:Rode a loop of Makara MTB Park this afternoon, then along Skyline to the Chartwell turn-off, down to the Wilton substation, then down into the valley and back up along Skyline to Makara Peak.

The work done on Skyline is FANTASTIC! You can ride all the way without stopping at gates, and some new single track means you can avoid all those short grunty climbs (if you want to).

Well done to whoever did all that work. I had not been up there since January - was really surprised how much had been done.

I do believe the hard yards on that track have been done by Mr Jonathan Kennett and friends
thelongwalk
Member for: 13 years 9 months

Postby dented on Mon 13/Jul/09 9:57pm

While it didnt happen today, I made the planets align late on Saturday afternoon, and got me and my bike over to Rotorua, embarrasingly this was the first time for me to the hallowed ground in 5 months, dispicable really as I only live 60 minutes drive from there. Got beds made up at my bro's house for all the rugrats, made them dinner, had everything sorted. So me and the bro and 1 other got to the main carpark for 6pm. Strapped on the night lights and headed in. Its been a long and gruesomely patient recuperation of my bung knee these past months, yet the fireroad warm-up to the start of A-trail had me in high spirits. 400m later, bro goes OTB followed quickly by a blood-curdling scream, then a calm but definite appraisal of the situation "My shoulder is fucked".

Some field bandagery, some walking, some bike coasting, some driving, a lot of waiting, and 3 hours later the kind folk at Rotorua's A+E dept had relocated his shoulder.

Might try and get a ride next month maybe.
dented
Member for: 17 years 1 month

Cycling | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts