Re: Go The Dads!

Postby thecharmed01 on Thu 16/Apr/09 10:16pm

dented wrote:Thanks C1.
Our 6 week old baby has them too, but curiously only has about 10 spots in total. Thankfully.

The lack of spots could be good or bad......bubs has either a VERY strong immune system, or got lucky this time!

Alyssa's first bout of CP was about half a dozen spots and then the second bout were shockingly bad.
But then my nephew who is 7 months older than her, got them at the same time as her first lot and he only had a handful of spots too, but he never got them again and he is 12 now LOL
thecharmed01
"Slave to Rogue"
Member for: 19 years 0 months

Postby nostromo on Thu 16/Apr/09 10:23pm

thecharmed01 wrote:Awww I'm glad she is coming out of it!

I remember when my daughter had them, she was only about 5 months old and she had such a bad case...
They were on the inside of her eyelids, up inside her nose, in her ear canal..... It was so awful and all I could do was bathe her as much as possible and keep baby mittens on her to stop her tearing at her skin.
I remember one night getting desperate at 3am because she was so distressed that when I called the doctors, they told me to give her phenergan and I did LOL
She had been screaming for about 5 hours by that point and it was impossible to console her.....
Phenergan thankfully knocked her out for 4 hours of peaceful sleep and that was the worst so it only got easier from then.

You are doing well dude!!

Yep, phenergen is a godsend on the rare occasions when it is necessary, we did just the same. Also helps with the itching reaction which is supposedly it's prime purpose (remember that when buying from a pharmacy, they're no longer allowed to sell it only for the purpose of putting kids to sleep and will take your name and ask a bunch of questions along those lines).
nostromo
":-("
Member for: 16 years 4 months

Postby Mel on Fri 17/Apr/09 8:30pm

dented wrote:Couple of photos taken 3 days apart. My poor little angel, it breaks my heart :( :( :(

Spent 6 hours lying with her the other night sobbing, crying and screaming, before she finally fell asleep from exhaustion. Chicken pox aint no fun.

Awww, poor little button. I hope she comes right real soon, and that your (littler) wee one doesn't suffer too much either. Has Blake had them already? Sounds like you're doing a great job.

Oli and Ella haven't got them yet, but we know it will happen sooner or later. :paranoid:
Mel
Member for: 20 years 5 months

Postby Datsane on Fri 17/Apr/09 10:32pm

Chris and I headed to the V8s today :thumbsup:
A mate lined up some parking for us at a customers (mate) of his close to the track. Walking to the track I was getting all stoked (its been a year since my last visit to racing sad for a petrol head like myself), Chris was starting to get all excited to "I hear Racey cars, Daddy"
Get into the track he's still happy, walking up to the fence/track to watch and he starts getting abit funny ok time for your ear muffs, lots of wiggling and I cant get them on and now he wants cuddles. Its about this point I was thinking maybe this wasn't such a great idea.
I walked away from the track to a quieter spot (Yeah right) to claim him down abit and get the ear muffs on him. Stood at the sweeper for awhile managed to have one earmuff against his ear, once he worked out they made it better he let me put them on proper and 30seconds later "Racer Cars Daddy, Racey Car" :lol:
After that he really loved it started to get bored after awhile. Got to watch about half the first practise of the supercars so sadly didn't get to see all the cars out :(
I decided and he said he wanted to go home. So abit over 2hrs :)

Gets home the first thing he says to mum "Racey car Loud mummy" :lol:
Smile.jpg
About 2minutes after muffs went on
Ahhh.jpg
Looking at slappers, I bet.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 18 years 2 months

Postby Fraser on Fri 17/Apr/09 10:49pm

The Peltor earmuffs for kids are great, I had the same issues with my son. Once they realise what they do they love em.
Fraser
Member for: 20 years 7 months

Postby Datsane on Fri 17/Apr/09 11:13pm

He'd happily wear them about the house the couple of days before. I think I just left it to long before putting them on and he was a bit freaked out when I tried so wouldn't have a bar of it.

Live and learn I guess.

I must say that I'm disgusted in 70% of the parents out there not making or having their kids with ear protection :crazy:
Adults can make there own minds up but the some of them kids would cringe when cars would go past and you could see a few almost cry when a car would back fire or the like. And they weren't even at race pace or all bunched up.
FFS earplug are offered to people when you walk in "free" or for a couple a bucks each.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby nostromo on Sun 19/Apr/09 3:04pm

I'm at home with my kids for the weekend as my wife is away. My 2yr old can pull things out and make a mess and destroy things at a faster rate than I am able to keep up :(
I'm up to my arms in cloth nappies, the dishwashers broken, theres dried weetbix stuck to everything, dirty kids clothes everywhere.
Man its disheartening sometimes, Imagine being a solo parent.
nostromo

Postby shmoodiver on Sun 19/Apr/09 3:13pm

no need to imagine bro, welcome to my life
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby Fraser on Sun 19/Apr/09 6:17pm

nostromo wrote:I'm at home with my kids for the weekend as my wife is away. My 2yr old can pull things out and make a mess and destroy things at a faster rate than I am able to keep up :(
I'm up to my arms in cloth nappies, the dishwashers broken, theres dried weetbix stuck to everything, dirty kids clothes everywhere.

Hey its good that you use the re-useable nappies, Why don't you just come over to the dark side and buy a small pack of pull-ups 13-18kg walkers for emergencies like this. It would cost around 25 bucks
Fraser
Member for: 20 years 7 months

Postby Mel on Sun 19/Apr/09 9:38pm

nostromo wrote:I'm at home with my kids for the weekend as my wife is away. My 2yr old can pull things out and make a mess and destroy things at a faster rate than I am able to keep up :(

Dude, it might seem like hell at the time, but you will be doing just fine. I have noticed that our kids get more needy and push the boundaries more when I'm not around - they like to take advantage of their dad. Dads are just as good at taking care of the kids as mums are... but they are usually not as well practiced and a little more lenient (mums know to clamp down on things before teh kids take it too far... dads don't ususally know what comes next). :D

The kids will be having a great time though and they will remember how much fun they had with dad when mum went away. :D

And lucky mum! I've got a couple of day trips away coming up and I'm sooo excited and nervous... nervous that my husband doesn't have too hard a time!
Mel
Member for: 20 years 5 months

Postby dented on Mon 20/Apr/09 9:00am

Buy them some marbles and drawing pins for added fun.
dented
Member for: 16 years 10 months

Postby Datsane on Mon 20/Apr/09 3:01pm

:lol:
I'm boss of the house, both like to push mum as far as they can. I find it a lot easier when the missus isn't home.

We use pocket nappies I loath disposie's
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Mon 20/Apr/09 6:05pm

Datsane wrote::lol:
I'm boss of the house, both like to push mum as far as they can. I find it a lot easier when the missus isn't home.

We use pocket nappies I loath disposie's

:thumbsup: Good on you re the Clothe naps. We only use MCNs and they're no more trouble to put on/deal with (velcro is great stuff) than disposables apart from washing and drying.
FLATULENTFRIEND
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 13 years 10 months

Postby nostromo on Mon 20/Apr/09 8:27pm

I prevailed with the aid of strong coffee, and have even done heaps of washing and so on.
The little guy is like a gremlin, its just unbelievable, I think having a girl first lulled us into a false sense of what boy toddlers are like, I mean she was into everything but this one, he seems to think if it can be pulled out and taken apart then do it. If it has buttons push them, then when thats boring pound them. If it can be bent find out how far before it snaps. Why do you want the batteries in that remote when they can be pulled out and put inside the toaster slots? If I'm standing on my bed I suppose may as well fall down and clonk my head and cry. Fingers are for jamming in draws and doors and crying even louder.
Even the lady up the road who looks after him a few days a week and is a qualified and experienced kindy teacher was frazzled.

But I do :love: him
nostromo

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Mon 20/Apr/09 8:43pm

nostromo wrote:I prevailed with the aid of strong coffee, and have even done heaps of washing and so on.
The little guy is like a gremlin, its just unbelievable, I think having a girl first lulled us into a false sense of what boy toddlers are like, I mean she was into everything but this one, he seems to think if it can be pulled out and taken apart then do it. If it has buttons push them, then when thats boring pound them. If it can be bent find out how far before it snaps. Why do you want the batteries in that remote when they can be pulled out and put inside the toaster slots? If I'm standing on my bed I suppose may as well fall down and clonk my head and cry. Fingers are for jamming in draws and doors and crying even louder.
Even the lady up the road who looks after him a few days a week and is a qualified and experienced kindy teacher was frazzled.

But I do :love: him

:eh: Sounds like our second boy. He scooped up all the adventureousness that no. 1 may have missed out on +.
As the first one grew we found stuff in the house moved up, doors got catches, etc untill only the indescrutables were left in reach...then he became more trustworthy...then no. 2 came and it started all over again....

But I do :love: them (they're asleep right now).
FLATULENTFRIEND
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 13 years 10 months

Sifting - Latest Posts