Re: Roadies - Where Did You Ride Today?

Postby Al_Bushman on Tue 31/Mar/09 9:23pm

PARTY LIKE IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!! YUP - It's my birthday (37) so I did Tuesday Worlds and had my legs ripped apart. Tandoori Palace curry for dinner with tired legs and 150km in last two days, so feeling nicely zenned.

My wife booked the SKY install for next Tuesday!! WOOOOOOOT!!! :)
Al_Bushman
Member for: 16 years 7 months

Postby Oli on Tue 31/Mar/09 9:24pm

Happy Birthday, Al! :thumbsup:
Oli
Member for: 17 years 6 months

Postby Weevil on Tue 31/Mar/09 9:32pm

Oli your avatar reminds me of the flying conchords for some reason.. yeah Jerome thats it.
Weevil
"Spills for thrills baby!"
Member for: 14 years 1 month

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Tue 31/Mar/09 10:01pm

nzmatto wrote:Back from the trainer and I made it!
Made what?
I made 36km on the trainer - which of course is nothing special, but it took me past the 1,000km mark for the month which is a first for me. I am stoked!!! It has been hard work for me and coming towards then end I have got quite tired, but now it is worth it.
Tomorrow I have a day off work, and so does :love: :love: :love: Julie :love: :love: :love: We are off to spend some time together looking at houses in Kapiti.

Yay!!!! I did it. I feel like I'm on a boat!!! :p

Here is a depressing thought for you;
You did 1000 in a month....a friend of mine (A grader up here) did 1300kms in a week(7 days). But...he then had stomach cramps and ended up having to go to hospital to be checked out...so...I'm avoiding following his example.
FLATULENTFRIEND
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Tue 31/Mar/09 10:04pm

I rode from home in Henderson to Penrose - 26 km in exactly 1 hour (actually I stopped at two banks on the way) to pick up my 'new' car today :)
Took my SS with my guards clipped on - just in case.

It was a case of the bike served the car not the car serving the bike.
FLATULENTFRIEND
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby Al_Bushman on Tue 31/Mar/09 10:16pm

FLATULENTFRIEND wrote: You did 1000 in a month....a friend of mine (A grader up here) did 1300kms in a week(7 days). But...he then had stomach cramps and ended up having to go to hospital to be checked out...so...I'm avoiding following his example.

That's just stupid. No, really.... stupid!

I don't know what people are trying to achieve by doing those sort of km's. As he/ she has probably discovered - it's not very healthy!!
Al_Bushman
Member for: 16 years 7 months

Postby Ahad on Tue 31/Mar/09 10:31pm

Al_Bushman wrote:PARTY LIKE IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!! YUP - It's my birthday (37) so I did Tuesday Worlds and had my legs ripped apart. Tandoori Palace curry for dinner with tired legs and 150km in last two days, so feeling nicely zenned.

My wife booked the SKY install for next Tuesday!! WOOOOOOOT!!! :)

Yeah Happy B'day Al! Lucky bugger! Le Race was my Birthday present... Thought I saw you fly past at about 25kph past the cop station along with some other guys while I was working in Lyttelton around 9:30/10 ish followed by this dropped Benchmark guy looking rather dejected... :D And then a few others.
Ahad
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby nzmatto on Tue 31/Mar/09 10:32pm

Al_Bushman wrote:
FLATULENTFRIEND wrote: You did 1000 in a month....a friend of mine (A grader up here) did 1300kms in a week(7 days). But...he then had stomach cramps and ended up having to go to hospital to be checked out...so...I'm avoiding following his example.

I don't know what people are trying to achieve by doing those sort of km's. As he/ she has probably discovered - it's not very healthy!!

For me it is another milestone on my journey that is cycling. I know people do a lot more than this, but this is me....I got a bike in may last year and rode 136km that month. Every ride hurt. This month only some rides hurt and I did 1000km. So what's the next goal? That's what :love: Julie :love: just asked.
The answer is only a seed at this stage, but reality has a way of growing from seeds.......watch this space.....
nzmatto
"Cycling changed my life."
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Postby RJM on Thu 2/Apr/09 5:44am

nzmatto wrote:
Al_Bushman wrote:

For me it is another milestone on my journey that is cycling. I know people do a lot more than this, but this is me....I got a bike in may last year and rode 136km that month. Every ride hurt. This month only some rides hurt and I did 1000km. So what's the next goal? That's what :love: Julie :love: just asked.
The answer is only a seed at this stage, but reality has a way of growing from seeds.......watch this space.....

That's why I always recommend to people if getting into cycling to get themselves a odometer - great for goal setting. Nice thing to clock as well :)
RJM
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby Tugboat on Thu 2/Apr/09 6:29pm

Another primo day today... I managed to get out and enjoy it for a bit, clocking up 70km or so "testing" my new wheels. Saw Thingone and a mate fanging it up Takarau Gorge Rd at lunchtime when I went for a sift from work out to Makara Beach and back.
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"
Member for: 16 years 10 months

Postby ThingOne on Thu 2/Apr/09 7:01pm

Tugboat wrote:Another primo day today... I managed to get out and enjoy it for a bit, clocking up 70km or so "testing" my new wheels. Saw Thingone and a mate fanging it up Takarau Gorge Rd at lunchtime when I went for a sift from work out to Makara Beach and back.

Thought that was you.. The mate was Joel destroying my will to live.
ThingOne
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Postby Joel on Thu 2/Apr/09 7:21pm

ThingOne wrote:
Tugboat wrote:Another primo day today... I managed to get out and enjoy it for a bit, clocking up 70km or so "testing" my new wheels. Saw Thingone and a mate fanging it up Takarau Gorge Rd at lunchtime when I went for a sift from work out to Makara Beach and back.

Thought that was you.. The mate was Joel destroying my will to live.

but i do it with love :love:
Joel
"Style over speed"
Member for: 20 years 10 months

Postby Tugboat on Thu 2/Apr/09 7:40pm

Oh... he was going so fast I didn't bloody recognise him!! :crazy:
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"
Member for: 16 years 10 months

Postby edhunter on Fri 3/Apr/09 12:14pm

I got a bit lost after going to Newmarket, but soon found my way back home :)
bike ride.JPG
edhunter
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Postby way_downsouth on Fri 3/Apr/09 12:49pm

Yesterday/last night. Down to work, back to Karori, over to Makara, out to the beach, up to Johnsonville and back to Karori via Makara. I was with riders that are (a lot) stronger than me, and it turned into a smash fest. Awesome.
way_downsouth
"Average at best"
Member for: 19 years 9 months

Cycling | Road Cycling - Latest Posts