Re: Your Photography

Postby Tinkerbell on Sat 24/Jan/09 12:14pm

here's another couple for bigfoot.

Some people have cats who bring them home presents, I have a husband who does this :love:
sick bug2 sm.jpg
sick bug sm.jpg
Tinkerbell
User avatar
"I am smiling"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Re: Your Photography

Postby TalkieT on Sat 24/Jan/09 12:37pm

ShortStuff wrote:Im going to be purchasing an EOS 450D soon and am wanting a reccomendation as to what memory speed to use. I can get an 8GB class 6 (6 mb/s) SD card for $35, is this fast enough to take several burst shots (3.5fps) in RAW or high quality JPEG? Any reccomended brands of memory etc?
Thanks


For a 450D it's not worth getting a fast card as camera performance is largely dictated by camera and buffer performance, so any speed card from a brand you trust is fine. If you're buying Sandisk - be aware there are a HUGE number of fakes around that actually give terrible performance.

I would recommend an entry level Sandisk (Is that still ultra 2?) ... You definitely don't need an U3 or U4 card.

Personally I use A-data, but then again my camera has 2 memory slots, so I write each image to 2 cards simultaneously so I'm unconcerned about a card failure.

That said, I haven't had any failures in over 100000 exposures on A-data.

www.nzsnaps.com

Cheers - N
TalkieT
Member for: 16 years 10 months

Re: Your Photography

Postby woodsy on Sat 24/Jan/09 2:35pm

agreed on what talkie t said for the 450d

i run san disk sd 8gb ultra II for landscape and extreme III cf and sd for high burst rates

but i only buy from photo n video due to being so many fakes about the upside is that san disk did give you data recovery software which while it
is slow i have recovered pictures even after refomatting card in camera with it :)

and took this yesterday just mucking rnd

and just noticed the file sized has been increased :) :)
splashy-6669777.jpg
woodsy
Member for: 18 years 2 months

Re: Your Photography

Postby woodsy on Sun 25/Jan/09 4:11pm

some more pics
-contrasty cat_.jpg
-more ir black nwhite_.jpg
-storm brewing.jpg
-ir tress_.jpg
-pussy footing about.jpg
woodsy
Member for: 18 years 2 months

Re: Your Photography

Postby Conners on Sun 25/Jan/09 5:07pm

nzmatto wrote:What software do people use for compressing pics down to 100k without the physical size of the pic becoming tiny for Vorb? I've been using Picasa, but the pictures seem to be made quite small by it as opposed to just compressed. (I hope this makes sense).

Tama upped the photo limit to 5MB last week :thumbsup:
Conners
User avatarMedal
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 19 years 4 months

Re: Your Photography

Postby emildev on Sun 25/Jan/09 6:20pm

sunset from my house
P1000127copy.jpg
emildev
User avatar
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Re: Your Photography

Postby avantibill on Sun 25/Jan/09 7:48pm

Pics of a fantail I took today. In the end I used the manual focus as half of the time, my camera was focusing on the foliage.
P1020146.jpg
P1020148.jpg
avantibill
User avatar
"Dunedin - It's highly rated!"
Member for: 17 years 0 months

Re: Your Photography

Postby Jono on Sun 25/Jan/09 11:07pm

Last night from the balcony. I should really learn about colour matching and stuff, but it's an interesting world with so many other things to spend my time on :)

last night from the balcony.jpg
Jono
User avatar
"High Grade Mental Defective"
Member for: 20 years 11 months

Re: Your Photography

Postby Bigfoot on Mon 26/Jan/09 7:59am

Loverly :)
Bigfoot
User avatar
"We are the Village Green Preservation Society"
Member for: 19 years 4 months

Re: Your Photography

Postby XCwife on Mon 26/Jan/09 8:48am

When I got my camera there were spots on my images which were visible whenever I took sky photos. My brother in law said to get the sensor cleaned so I rang Canon and they said it would cost $135 plus I had to courier it to Auckland ($31) and it would probably take 15 working days. (I could have ParcelPost it for $6.50 but NZ Post won't cover posting anything worth more then $250) Sheeesh. I felt a bit bad that my camera was going to start costing me money already so did some research on the internet on how to do it myself. Found some instructions and started ringing around the local photographic suppliers to find out how much the bits and pieces are. They cost quite a bit too and aren't readily available in New Zealand. But then Hip Hip Hooray one shop recommended I try Fototech.

They charge $60 for a sensor clean, I don't have to pack it up and they usually try and do it within a day (though I left it with them for a week). What's more, one of the two technicians is a mountainbiker :thumbsup:

Here are their details:
Fototech
cnr Peterborough and Colombo St (120 Peterborough St)
Christchurch
Ph 962 1271
IMG_5489 (Large).JPG
XCwife
User avatar
"sunny side up"
Member for: 18 years 0 months

Re: Your Photography

Postby nzmatto on Mon 26/Jan/09 8:49am

Nice evening shot.

I have had a chance to have a little play with the new S100, but really need to learn how to use it yet. First time out, on my way up to New Plymouth I went to Opanake and took a couple of shots of the beach. Looking at the pics when I got back, and I am officially impressed with the camera. The first is the beach from where I was at 28mm, note the small spot in the middle, kind of looks like a car. The second is zoomed in to 400mm + doubled through digital zoom. Yup, its the same car, and it is so clear that in the non compressed photo I can easily read the number plate!
I was lucky enough to have been taken by my hosts to the Festival of the lights, have taken a bunch of photo's which have taught me that I need to learn how to use the camera, but have a few ok ones. I will clean them up and will post some up.
Jan2009 016.JPG

Jan2009 017.JPG
nzmatto
User avatar
"Cycling changed my life."
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Re: Your Photography

Postby PhilterNZ on Mon 26/Jan/09 12:48pm

Wainamu Stream - Bethells.

It was great to be back in the Waitakeres again.
Wainamu Stream.jpg
PhilterNZ
Member for: 18 years 11 months

Re: Your Photography

Postby JohnnyC on Mon 26/Jan/09 1:56pm

XCwife wrote:When I got my camera there were spots on my images which were visible whenever I took sky photos. My brother in law said to get the sensor cleaned so I rang Canon and they said it would cost $135 plus I had to courier it to Auckland ($31) and it would probably take 15 working days. (I could have ParcelPost it for $6.50 but NZ Post won't cover posting anything worth more then $250) Sheeesh. I felt a bit bad that my camera was going to start costing me money already so did some research on the internet on how to do it myself. Found some instructions and started ringing around the local photographic suppliers to find out how much the bits and pieces are. They cost quite a bit too and aren't readily available in New Zealand. But then Hip Hip Hooray one shop recommended I try Fototech.

They charge $60 for a sensor clean, I don't have to pack it up and they usually try and do it within a day (though I left it with them for a week). What's more, one of the two technicians is a mountainbiker :thumbsup:

Here are their details:
Fototech
cnr Peterborough and Colombo St (120 Peterborough St)
Christchurch
Ph 962 1271


Sweet! Thanks for that, mine needs a clean its got quite a few spots on some pictures
JohnnyC
User avatar
Member for: 19 years 10 months

Re: Your Photography

Postby Conners on Mon 26/Jan/09 2:04pm

PhilterNZ wrote:Wainamu Stream - Bethells.

It was great to be back in the Waitakeres again.

Stunning Phil :thumbsup:
Conners
User avatarMedal
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 19 years 4 months

Re: Your Photography

Postby Datsane on Mon 26/Jan/09 5:23pm

Conners wrote:
PhilterNZ wrote:Wainamu Stream - Bethells.

It was great to be back in the Waitakeres again.

Stunning Phil :thumbsup:

Yah :thumbsup:
No wonder you haven't any time to ride your bike any more Phil
Datsane
User avatar
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 18 years 6 months

Photography | Sifting - Latest Posts

Who is online

97 Users browsing this website: Google [Bot] and 96 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • ProBikeKit

cron