Postby Datsane on Fri 14/Nov/08 3:58pm

Depends what you want. I paid alot less for my Silk U8000 to someone else that I knows Carbon fibre jobbie, his is only a little lighter but not as stable and worth Shit piles.
Mine retails for about $160 I think
Datsane
User avatar
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 18 years 6 months

Postby VERT on Fri 14/Nov/08 4:00pm

get yourself a good heavy sturdy tripod with removable collar
VERT
Member for: 20 years 0 months

Postby Datsane on Fri 14/Nov/08 4:02pm

hehe thats what I ended up with. Compared to some of the camera bodies and lenses a tripods not overly heavy in the grand scheme.
Datsane
User avatar
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 18 years 6 months

Postby Bigfoot on Fri 14/Nov/08 8:11pm

VERT wrote: cable release = <3


That is on the list... I did some 30 second ones this evening in the rad moonrise we had here, but im not satisfied! Ill upload some tomorrow though because theyre still kinda cool :huh:
Bigfoot
User avatar
"We are the Village Green Preservation Society"
Member for: 19 years 4 months

Postby Bigfoot on Sat 15/Nov/08 6:41am

Need cable release!

:huh:
moon 3 small.jpg
Bigfoot
User avatar
"We are the Village Green Preservation Society"
Member for: 19 years 4 months

Postby woodsy on Sat 15/Nov/08 9:53am

VERT wrote: get yourself a good heavy sturdy tripod with removable collar


agreed

i use a manfrotto #058 the older type bloody heavy and sturdy :thumbsup:
only been blown over once (me too at same time up mount cook)

and if you can get one with a hook to hang weights off or camera bag the better

was bored last nite due to too much cloud so no pic of moon so had a play with wireless flash transmitter (st-e2)
found out it also triggers my old metz c-60
god bob.jpg
water.jpg
the good old takeawy diffuser.jpg
woodsy
Member for: 18 years 2 months

Postby Datsane on Sat 15/Nov/08 10:00am

Mint Photo BF and Woodys
Datsane
User avatar
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 18 years 6 months

Postby nzmatto on Sat 15/Nov/08 11:23am

Bigfoot wrote: Need cable release!

:huh:


Easy solution.....2 second self timer. Means you can press the button and the camera will be still by the time the shutter opens. It is a great trick that works really well!

"no longer need cable release"
nzmatto
User avatar
"Cycling changed my life."
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby nzmatto on Sat 15/Nov/08 11:27am



and if you can get one with a hook to hang weights off or camera bag the better



I always wondered what the heck that silly looking hook was for.....I never could work it out....oh well they say you learn something new every day.....that's todays learning done!!!
nzmatto
User avatar
"Cycling changed my life."
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby Mr_GTR on Sat 15/Nov/08 11:35am

woodsy wrote:
VERT wrote: get yourself a good heavy sturdy tripod with removable collar


agreed

i use a manfrotto #058 the older type bloody heavy and sturdy :thumbsup:
only been blown over once (me too at same time up mount cook)

and if you can get one with a hook to hang weights off or camera bag the better

was bored last nite due to too much cloud so no pic of moon so had a play with wireless flash transmitter (st-e2)
found out it also triggers my old metz c-60


Love the water one! Mint as :thumbsup:
Mr_GTR
User avatar
"Who, me?"
Member for: 16 years 2 months

Postby Bigfoot on Sat 15/Nov/08 1:14pm

nzmatto wrote:
Bigfoot wrote: Need cable release!

:huh:


Easy solution.....2 second self timer. Means you can press the button and the camera will be still by the time the shutter opens. It is a great trick that works really well!

"no longer need cable release"


Only have 30 sec exposure time on a 40d - I want loooooong exposures :)
Bigfoot
User avatar
"We are the Village Green Preservation Society"
Member for: 19 years 4 months

Postby nzmatto on Sat 15/Nov/08 1:36pm

Bigfoot wrote:
nzmatto wrote:
Bigfoot wrote: Need cable release!

:huh:


Easy solution.....2 second self timer. Means you can press the button and the camera will be still by the time the shutter opens. It is a great trick that works really well!

"no longer need cable release"


Only have 30 sec exposure time on a 40d - I want loooooong exposures :)


Really??? I was considering a 40d, that has just totally closed the door on that idea.....surely there must be some manual setting that allows a longer exposure than 30 secs. I had read on line that my fuji had the same limitation.....it doesn't. I have taken 2 minute exposures on it.
In any case I was talking about the need for a cable release....if it has a self timer, which most do, you can set up your frame and everything, then set a self timer, so you can push the normal button for the shot, without the camera wobbling.
nzmatto
User avatar
"Cycling changed my life."
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby Bigfoot on Sat 15/Nov/08 1:43pm

Yeah that's what I do most of the time, but I really want to get some night time long exposure stuff. I would not consider it as a reason for not getting a 40d though! (edit: even the 10d only does 30 seconds... they of course have a bulb setting but that requires holding the shutter :) )
Bigfoot
User avatar
"We are the Village Green Preservation Society"
Member for: 19 years 4 months

Postby nzmatto on Sat 15/Nov/08 1:59pm

One of my major uses for a camera is taking night shots - like the one that I have posted below....if a new camera did not have the ability for me to do the shots I wanted it wouldn't matter how good it was in other areas, it could even fly to the moon I still would not get it.......

This was taken on a Fuji Finepix S5500, which is about a $400 camera.
Wellington_Panorama_c.jpg
nzmatto
User avatar
"Cycling changed my life."
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby Bigfoot on Sat 15/Nov/08 2:02pm

For about 30 bucks canadian you are only limited by how long you feel like putting your finger on the button for... much better than 2 mins.
Bigfoot
User avatar
"We are the Village Green Preservation Society"
Member for: 19 years 4 months

Photography | Sifting - Latest Posts

Who is online

89 Users browsing this website: Google [Bot] and 88 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • ProBikeKit
  • Vorb Shop

cron