Postby Malcy on Tue 7/Oct/08 3:19pm

:lol:

shhhhhh don't say that sort of thing outloud. Teh rednecks believe that cc's or ci's are are the only way to win.

Don't make the car handle well, or drive well, just chuck cubes at it!!! lol
Malcy
Member for: 19 years 10 months

Postby jeremyb on Tue 7/Oct/08 3:30pm

First On Race Day!
jeremyb
"www.derailled.co.nz - New Zealand Cycling Forum"
Member for: 19 years 8 months

Postby neels on Tue 7/Oct/08 3:34pm

ThingOne wrote: Frickin Red Necks.

Nissan all the way, the Nissan GTR was sooo good they had to ban it to stop it kicking Holden and Ford arse.

Except that the Ford Sierra was kicking Holden arse before the GTR, so much that Peter (I'll never drive a ford) Brock raced one. The Nissan beat it with 4wd and tyres 2 inches wider so it actually got traction :D
neels
"I've got opinions, that don't make any sense"
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Postby Malcy on Tue 7/Oct/08 10:31pm

Ok ok ok, I need to bring this back on track with babies and stuff!

Oh, and I DO LOVE TO SKITE!!! :-)

and Our family blog if you wanna have a looksee.
cj_1.JPG
What the? Tryin to sneak a smile out of me?!?!?
cj_2.JPG
Too close dad!
cj_3.JPG
Worked it out, it's taking my picture!!
baby_book_1.JPG
w00t for baby books!
baby_book_2.JPG
Malcy
Member for: 19 years 10 months

Postby ThingOne on Wed 8/Oct/08 8:04am

neels wrote:
ThingOne wrote: Frickin Red Necks.

Nissan all the way, the Nissan GTR was sooo good they had to ban it to stop it kicking Holden and Ford arse.

Except that the Ford Sierra was kicking Holden arse before the GTR, so much that Peter (I'll never drive a ford) Brock raced one. The Nissan beat it with 4wd and tyres 2 inches wider so it actually got traction :D

I used to want to shag a sierra cosworth back in those days.. An unbelievably good car, I remember hearing that turbo whine around the wellington street circuit , sooo cool...

Now back to babies...
Was my 4year old daughters birthday today, she got a bike!.. and absolutly loved it.. The Giant Holly.
Basket on the front from her "stuff" and seat at the back for her cuddly puppy "Gala"
Wanted a carbon front basket, but strangely nothing in the shops I think an untapped market.
holly.jpg
ThingOne
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby sifter on Wed 8/Oct/08 8:39am

and before you know it...
K23.jpg
sifter
Member for: 18 years 10 months

Postby ThingOne on Wed 8/Oct/08 8:42am

Yeah looking forward to that.!
Would like to do the Karapoti short course one year, (Beat your record :) )
ThingOne
"www.bushloveracing.com"

Postby Grant on Wed 8/Oct/08 9:04am

ThingOne wrote:
Was my 4year old daughters birthday today, she got a bike!.. and absolutly loved it.. The Giant Holly.
Basket on the front from her "stuff" and seat at the back for her cuddly puppy "Gala"
Wanted a carbon front basket, but strangely nothing in the shops I think an untapped market.

My daughter is craving that bike! (she's 4 1/2)

I told her she couldn't have a new bike until she could ride without training wheels... It took her two attempts* :(

*young upstart
Grant
Member for: 18 years 1 month

Postby psychavoc on Wed 8/Oct/08 9:05am

Good on her! :D
psychavoc
"www.celiaridesbikes.com"
Member for: 19 years 2 months

Postby neels on Wed 8/Oct/08 9:44am

All of my kids had more trouble riding with training wheels on after about the first two attempts, after that they started to get annoyed because they couldn't turn without them dragging. Scary watching five year olds tearing towards the shrubbery wondering if they'll remember how to stop.
neels
"I've got opinions, that don't make any sense"
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Postby sifter on Wed 8/Oct/08 9:45am

ThingOne wrote: Yeah looking forward to that.!

we started the summer just after Kaitlyn's 5th birthday (she's born in August). Started with rides up Koru, afternoon tea and a story at Skills Area, then down St Albans (no Lazy Fern back then). We progressed to rides over the peak, Skyline, etc.
sifter

Postby ThingOne on Wed 8/Oct/08 9:49am

sifter wrote:
ThingOne wrote: Yeah looking forward to that.!

we started the summer just after Kaitlyn's 5th birthday (she's born in August). Started with rides up Koru, afternoon tea and a story at Skills Area, then down St Albans (no Lazy Fern back then). We progressed to rides over the peak, Skyline, etc.

I can imagine a few tears initially, so trying not to let them hate it is the key.

My son turns 6 next week, Hmm maybe I should get a half bike now.
ThingOne
"www.bushloveracing.com"

Postby BrokenKonaRider on Wed 8/Oct/08 9:52am

Does Kaitlyn's bike have gears Sifter?
I ask because my Dad welded up this version of a half bike for my 4yr old. He spins out pretty quickly on it, gets a bit bored, starts to do skids using the coaster brake, then starts doing poses like putting his feet up on the handle bars, facing backwards etc.
halfbike small.JPG
BrokenKonaRider
"Pants"
Member for: 17 years 2 months

Postby sifter on Wed 8/Oct/08 10:02am

BrokenKonaRider wrote: Does Kaitlyn's bike have gears Sifter?
I ask because my Dad welded up this version of a half bike for my 4yr old. He spins out pretty quickly on it, gets a bit bored, starts to do skids using the coaster brake, then starts doing poses like putting his feet up on the handle bars, facing backwards etc.

It's a single speed, but quite a tough gear. On the steep hills, she's not really able to help much. On the original cog, she could accelerate us down South Karori Rd to the Makara Peak carpark. I got a slightly bigger one which is better for the slower speed stuff. I know BillB had a 7 speed one...
sifter

Postby sifter on Wed 8/Oct/08 10:04am

also, before you get too excited ThingOne, it is fucking hard work. The weight of the half bike and child makes a huge difference to your own experience, and to the handling of the bike. When we raced Creek to Peak I missed a short bridge on the climb on Missing Link, not because I wasn't watching where I was going, but because Kaitlyn shifted her weight. I'm a lot bigger than you, and she can move me around no problems...
sifter

Sifting - Latest Posts