Postby waty983 on Sun 27/Jul/08 10:37pm

:O i agree! totaly mint although i had sum mechanical damage on the trip home, will find out in the morning tho as im sleepy
waty983
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Sun 27/Jul/08 11:30pm

onyabike wrote: Rode in the Fringe Classic - it was awesome.

:withstupid:
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal
Member for: 20 years 5 months

Postby big_daddy_jj on Sun 27/Jul/08 11:42pm

Robbie wrote: me, DangerMouse and Monolith.
got very very wet.

Probably a silly ride but I am glad it was done !!
:eh:
big_daddy_jj
Member for: 17 years 8 months

Postby onyabike on Mon 28/Jul/08 5:39pm

rode Peaking Ridge today - nice and dry up in the bush. MINT
onyabike
"logging capital of nz"
Member for: 17 years 6 months

Postby ben_dover on Mon 28/Jul/08 5:54pm

i rode round the mean streets of botany
yay
ben_dover
"If its broken, use a cable tie!"
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Postby HuntawayFR on Tue 29/Jul/08 12:08am

went to take dog for run round 7 mile, got flat tire 5mins in, walked back out, dog pissed off cause got short walk, feels ripped off, takes frustration out on shoes on deck, shoes trashed, owner pissed off.........the end :eh:
HuntawayFR
Member for: 16 years 1 month

Postby Nick_K on Tue 29/Jul/08 9:46pm

Skids up Makara and Wrights Hill.

Trails are atually riding quite well. I'm sure the rain for the next 5 days will fix that :(
Nick_K
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 18 years 4 months

Postby ThingOne on Wed 30/Jul/08 2:49pm

3 Hour mud fest at Makara today.
Up Sally Alley, then onto Snake Charmer for 2 repeats to the top, then down Ridgeline and RLE, back onto Sally Alley, down missing link, up to Leaping Lizard and to the bottom and along back up Nikau, Missing Link, Aratihi to the summit, Ridgeline again, RLE, Swigg, Starfish, then along the road up Salvation, then down Scout hall and back home... :-)
ThingOne
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Postby Scotty on Thu 31/Jul/08 4:20pm

Makaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaara!

that was fun.

Note that because I'm such a fashion-biker, I now co-ordinate my jackets with my brakes.

Anodising is so last year.
DSC00017.JPG
Koru stream
DSC00018.JPG
weapon
DSC00019.JPG
pretty!
DSC00022.JPG
fashion biker
DSC00023.JPG
gangsta
DSC00026.JPG
spent
Scotty
Member for: 20 years 10 months

Postby SlackBoy on Thu 31/Jul/08 6:01pm

ThingOne wrote: 3 Hour mud fest at Makara today.
Up Sally Alley, then onto Snake Charmer for 2 repeats to the top, then down Ridgeline and RLE, back onto Sally Alley, down missing link, up to Leaping Lizard and to the bottom and along back up Nikau, Missing Link, Aratihi to the summit, Ridgeline again, RLE, Swigg, Starfish, then along the road up Salvation, then down Scout hall and back home... :-)
Good to see your putting some hard training in Clive. Cos the first 2 pnp races are the ONLY chance this season of you beating me in the dirt. Bring ya A game
SlackBoy
Member for: 21 years 1 month

Postby tartgrandmother on Thu 31/Jul/08 6:07pm

fuck, that first pic. you could have cleaned your bike in that
tartgrandmother
"Blowing cobwebs"
Member for: 16 years 0 months

Postby ThingOne on Thu 31/Jul/08 7:02pm

SlackBoy wrote:
ThingOne wrote: 3 Hour mud fest at Makara today.
Good to see your putting some hard training in Clive. Cos the first 2 pnp races are the ONLY chance this season of you beating me in the dirt. Bring ya A game

Its the only reason I race.
ThingOne
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Postby onyabike on Fri 1/Aug/08 1:27pm

tried to go up codgers - closed. tried to go up 3rd house - impassable. tried to go up fireball - totally blocked with trees.
onyabike
"logging capital of nz"
Member for: 17 years 6 months

Postby wachtourak on Sat 2/Aug/08 1:17pm

Just went for a skid up mt vic, moisteez as, trees over everywhere. The steepish bits like the kinda steep rooty bit where you go off the right off the main track towards the bus tunnel is dry enough though, just the roots are a bit wet. I've never seen it that wet up there before though, there's heaps of standing water/mud on the flatter bits.

If you haven't ridden up there for a while, watch out for the fallen trees haha

There's one over the track just below the two chutes off to the right near the top. If you go down the first one you come to you'll probably hit it unless you haul on the brakes as soon as you hit the bottom. Second one is ok. I didn't push right to the top so I dunno if you can see it from the top of that chute. There's a big one fallen over the track at the big dip just down from those 2 chutes. Not really a problem though cos you can see it from far away, and go round the left of it (watch your head if you aren't a midget like me though :lol:), even an incentive to wallride the bank there :D but it messes up my preferred line through that bit :hmmm:

There's one fallen over just after the next down/up dipper bit, this one is a bit harder to see, I almost hit it. They're all way too big to move.

All the other smaller branches fallen over the track you can just ride over

Dunno about other places cos it started to rain and I went home, gonna go up there again later though maybe and have a bit more of a look round
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 20 years 2 months

Postby Auscar on Sat 2/Aug/08 3:59pm

Rode form home to Makara and did a quick loop. In at St Albans up to lower RL,swigg and Starfish. Was heading home and thought why not try Skyline to Chartwell so I went up through Karori Park (a couple of trees down when heading up hill) the track up to the ridge is a little wet to say the least. The back wheel did 5 km more than the front :)

Nice ride even with the deteoriating weather conditions but my legs are suffering the winter blues and nowhere near the condition they once where.
Auscar
"Tryin' to take the racing line"
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Cycling | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts