Postby PhilterNZ on Sun 13/Jul/08 8:41pm

Datsane wrote: Whats an "ND" filter?

I like those shots of the mount WH :thumbsup:

A neutral density filter. In theory it does not change the colour/tone of the llight going to the lens, but allows for a slower shutter speed, they came in a range of densitys. I love mine but it is only an ND4 I would prefer something darker.

Great panos WH and i also like sunrise 2 and some nice action shots Steve-o, those are way harder than they look.
PhilterNZ
Member for: 19 years 2 months

Postby PhilterNZ on Sun 13/Jul/08 8:45pm

A new stream shot - I really like shooting in the Waitakeres, so quiet up there.
Cascade stream.jpg
Cascade Stream
PhilterNZ

Postby TheRealHotKarl on Sun 13/Jul/08 9:25pm

PhilterNZ wrote: A new stream shot - I really like shooting in the Waitakeres, so quiet up there.

I love that very much thank you. such nice green.
TheRealHotKarl
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby VERT on Sun 13/Jul/08 9:31pm

Had an awesome weekend
CRW_7049.jpg
VERT
Member for: 20 years 2 months

Postby Natral on Sun 13/Jul/08 9:32pm

Ah! Tramping?
Natral

Postby Datsane on Sun 13/Jul/08 10:07pm

PhilterNZ wrote: A new stream shot - I really like shooting in the Waitakeres, so quiet up there.
NICE pic.

Cheers about the ND Filter.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 18 years 8 months

Postby Conners on Sun 13/Jul/08 10:31pm

Wow, you blushed at the comparison the Craig Potton earlier - that one just backs up my original statement! :thumbsup:

I :love: this thread!
Conners
User avatarMedal
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 19 years 7 months

Postby Datsane on Sun 13/Jul/08 10:34pm

Conners wrote:

Wow, you blushed at the comparison the Craig Potton earlier - that one just backs up my original statement! :thumbsup:

I :love: this thread!
I'd say
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby free_rider21 on Tue 15/Jul/08 10:23am

I have a big problem of orbs in my photos when i shoot in to the sun. Bit like verts photo up the page but much worse and
occurs alot. Anything i can do to fix this? Even had a problem last night shooting at the motorway at night with a nearby streetlight.
free_rider21
Member for: 17 years 3 months

Postby woodsy on Tue 15/Jul/08 11:28am

free_rider21 wrote: I have a big problem of orbs in my photos when i shoot in to the sun. Bit like verts photo up the page but much worse and
occurs alot. Anything i can do to fix this? Even had a problem last night shooting at the motorway at night with a nearby streetlight.

lens hoods are the easyest way to cut stray light reflection
( you may have to get a slighty different one to what is standerd for the lens depending on sensor size as most are worked out on 35mm format not 1.6 crop factor)

prime lenses are less susceptable to flare than zoom (less elements)

recompse your shot around it

also buy altering your aperture can alter that amount (use dof button as most cameras use widest aperture when viewing)

but most of the time flare can add to the shot if used right.

also clone and heal in lightroom or photoshop
woodsy
Member for: 18 years 4 months

Postby PhilterNZ on Tue 15/Jul/08 2:11pm

woodsy wrote:
free_rider21 wrote: I have a big problem of orbs in my photos when i shoot in to the sun. Bit like verts photo up the page but much worse and

( you may have to get a slighty different one to what is standerd for the lens depending on sensor size as most are worked out on 35mm format not 1.6 crop factor)

also buy altering your aperture can alter that amount (use dof button as most cameras use widest aperture when viewing)

Also make sure your lens is clean, dirt or grease will make it worse.
PhilterNZ

Postby Datsane on Tue 15/Jul/08 3:44pm

I like how about 80% of what you guys say makes no sence to me at all. But I still love photography, pity I'm rather sucky at it :lol:
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby free_rider21 on Tue 15/Jul/08 8:56pm

woodsy wrote:

Fixed lens, so a prime lens isn't an option.
Chance of finding a lens hood for a 46mm (S5700) is pretty low.
Would a circular polarizing filter do anything?
free_rider21

Postby VERT on Tue 15/Jul/08 9:00pm

free_rider21 wrote:
woodsy wrote:

Fixed lens, so a prime lens isn't an option.
Chance of finding a lens hood for a 46mm (S5700) is pretty low.
Would a circular polarizing filter do anything?

you could always make a hood out of cardboard
VERT

Postby free_rider21 on Tue 15/Jul/08 9:15pm

Good idea. Is there a reason some hoods have four sides i.e. http://www.trademe.co.nz/Electronics-ph ... 001745.htm

and others are circular
i.e. http://www.trademe.co.nz/Electronics-ph ... 237280.htm
free_rider21

Photography | Sifting - Latest Posts