Postby Al_Bushman on Tue 8/Jul/08 9:15pm

Just got back from a freezing ride out to Greenpark/ Motukarara/ Taitapu and back. Lonely dark roads out there!

Oh to ride in the daylight again :rolleyes:
Al_Bushman
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Postby dezalfittar on Tue 8/Jul/08 9:19pm

Al_Bushman wrote: Just got back from a freezing ride out to Greenpark/ Motukarara/ Taitapu and back. Lonely dark roads out there!

Oh to ride in the daylight again :rolleyes:

Oh to be able to get out for a ride :(
dezalfittar
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Postby dezalfittar on Tue 8/Jul/08 9:21pm

wingie wrote: i had to drop my truck off to get some work done to it today , so i rode home from morhouse ave out thro woodend then back into rangiora where i live , nice day for a ride

So I hope you are bikeing back in to pick it up Mr B
dezalfittar
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Postby wingie on Tue 8/Jul/08 9:36pm

dezalfittar wrote:
wingie wrote: i had to drop my truck off to get some work done to it today , so i rode home from morhouse ave out thro woodend then back into rangiora where i live , nice day for a ride

yep sure am if its not pissing down with rain . bottle lake tomorrow night for a mountain bike ride with the boys . your cassette should be here latter this week mr w ready for the weekend hopefully
wingie
Member for: 17 years 10 months

Postby Al_Bushman on Tue 8/Jul/08 9:39pm

wingie wrote:
dezalfittar wrote:

yep sure am if its not pissing down with rain . bottle lake tomorrow night for a mountain bike ride with the boys . your cassette should be here latter this week mr w ready for the weekend hopefully

Forecast for Sat is rain AGAIN!!! :angry:

I'm in Wellywood for a big work piss-up for the next 2 days so no training for me :)
Al_Bushman
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Postby istepinyards on Wed 9/Jul/08 5:21pm

After I drove down from my apartment in Sydney to home in Kiama I went for a wee ride.
80kms it started to rain 30mins in and continued for the rest of the way round the lake.
As you might know I don't do cold very well :angry:

Here is me at the end.
I was OK after the shower stopped stinging my extremities.
I am Cold.jpg
istepinyards
"I'm not arrogant, I am just better than you. That is a scientific fact."
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby rochie on Wed 9/Jul/08 6:36pm

Got totally lost east of Oxford (UK). Bumpy little country roads, warm and sunny, not much traffic and a few little hills. Not a bad day out ... In contrast to Chch the cars gave me plenty of room and I didn't get tooted at or stuff thrown at me.

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-ki ... /976410086
rochie
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Postby Fergie on Thu 10/Jul/08 10:24pm

1 lap of mini bergs after work. Pretty cold but not raining so all good. A few people out and about.
Fergie
"Fat, opinionated and can't ride a bike to save himself. Sounds overqualified to be a coach."
Member for: 16 years 4 months

Postby Neub on Thu 10/Jul/08 10:27pm

8.5 hours of riding over last three nights has just about sucked my will to ride. Hanging out for daylight saving - just 11 weeks to go :thumbsup:
but....I don't mind the cold and dark as much has the lunatic motorists :angry:
Neub
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby znomit on Thu 10/Jul/08 11:51pm

Nice trip over the saddle rd and back via the pahiatua track tonight. Cold over the hill!
saddle1.jpg
znomit
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby Tugboat on Fri 11/Jul/08 12:52am

I just did a la-de-da around the bays on the way home from work with a wee jaunt over Houghton Bay Rd / Mt Albert to finish.
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"
Member for: 16 years 6 months

Postby rochie on Fri 11/Jul/08 4:31am

Neub wrote: 8.5 hours of riding over last three nights has just about sucked my will to ride. Hanging out for daylight saving - just 11 weeks to go :thumbsup:

Hey Neub, sounds like you've got it bad. :D Must say that the drivers here in the UK are pretty damn respectful. One even stopped to help when I was obviously lost and poking at my iphone trying to figure out where I was on google maps - I'd taken a wrong turn at Piddington. :blush: Excellent hill at Brill, you should try it, here's the route:
http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-ki ... d/50790256
rochie

Postby Jan1965 on Fri 11/Jul/08 5:00am

rochie wrote:
Neub wrote: 8.5 hours of riding over last three nights has just about sucked my will to ride. Hanging out for daylight saving - just 11 weeks to go :thumbsup:

Hey Neub, sounds like you've got it bad. :D Must say that the drivers here in the UK are pretty damn respectful. One even stopped to help when I was obviously lost and poking at my iphone trying to figure out where I was on google maps - I'd taken a wrong turn at Piddington. :blush: Excellent hill at Brill, you should try it, here's the route:
http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-ki ... d/50790256

Same thing happened to me when I visited family in the UK (lake-district) and looked just a little bit lost. stopped and asked if he could help.. Great drivers! :) Much better than overhere.. :(
Jan1965
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby rochie on Fri 11/Jul/08 5:08am

Jan1965 wrote: .. Great drivers! :) Much better than overhere.. :(

Tell you what it is ... its ACC. In NZ if you get bowled by a car they generally get away with it, or if you really press it they might get a ticket. :cry:

In the UK you can sue the pricks so they just keep well away! :satan:
rochie

Postby Jan1965 on Fri 11/Jul/08 6:22am

rochie wrote:
Jan1965 wrote: .. Great drivers! :) Much better than overhere.. :(

Tell you what it is ... its ACC. In NZ if you get bowled by a car they generally get away with it, or if you really press it they might get a ticket. :cry:

In the UK you can sue the pricks so they just keep well away! :satan:

Okay, same overhere cyclistst (almost) have priority but still there are terrible aggresive drivers. Even when they know they never get away with it.. Its just people in cars.. They change behind the wheel into maniacs :(
Jan1965
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Cycling | Road Cycling - Latest Posts