Postby mudguard on Sun 8/Jun/08 6:25pm

I think it occured to me today, that I spend more time fiddling with bikes than riding.

Work sucks
mudguard
Member for: 19 years 3 months

Postby Nick_K on Sun 8/Jun/08 6:31pm

Monolith wrote: Went for a sift around with half a dozen GCs today.

Goldmine, scouthall, deliverance, grand loop at makara peak, then up salvation, around the boundary fence and up to Hawkins hill, down to red rocks, around the coast, up the back of long gully, then up the road to the wind turbine, down carparts, rollercoaster to the sanctuary and onthe road home. After a quick fuel stop I headed back to makara for a quick lower loop before heading home. Awesome day out :)

What mono said. Cheers bols was a good day out.
Nick_K
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 18 years 0 months

Postby neels on Sun 8/Jun/08 6:36pm

Having fun slipping & sliding on the ice and snow at Mcleans island

Cold toes though!
neels
"I've got opinions, that don't make any sense"
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby free_rider21 on Sun 8/Jun/08 6:39pm

Yesterday broken axe.
Today short sift, walters bluff, centre of nz, dun mt walkway to halfway, classic down to brook st.
free_rider21
Member for: 16 years 11 months

Postby Grumpyoldman on Sun 8/Jun/08 6:39pm

Monolith wrote: Sorry, racing in vegas next weekend. :D

Then the weekend after is midwinter karapoti. :D

It's 3 weeks to K day ;)
Grumpyoldman
"Hood Ornament"
Member for: 17 years 10 months

Postby pulsar on Sun 8/Jun/08 6:48pm

Doing jumps up at the skills area with about 15,000 other people it felt like., it was great, never seen that many people up there at once. Great atmosphere and cool people!!
pulsar
Member for: 17 years 1 month

Postby Gunna on Sun 8/Jun/08 7:14pm

pushbikerider wrote: a short loop today (waaay to short, but had people to see and things to do at home today :( )

Nursery road climb, Gunna gotta, A trail, tickler, Be Rude, Pig, Soak hole, Exit trail

So, PBR, you are up our way now. Living ? , working ? short term, long term. Jf its long term, good choice mate :thumbsup: No doubt we will see you out and about in the forest, or one of the 5 bike shops within 500 metres :p .
Next step will be the boat or jet ski (you won't have time to think about wind turbines)
Gunna
Member for: 17 years 5 months

Postby Pesty on Sun 8/Jun/08 7:35pm

Road: Hataitai - Miramar Peninsula - Owhiro Bay - Happy Valley Road
Off Road: Up and down the Tip Track (I was expecting to be muddy after the stockyard, I was wrong, very pleasant ride).
Road: back to Hataitai at 6 PM.
Pesty
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby pushbikerider on Sun 8/Jun/08 7:40pm

Gunna wrote:
pushbikerider wrote: a short loop today (waaay to short, but had people to see and things to do at home today :( )

Nursery road climb, Gunna gotta, A trail, tickler, Be Rude, Pig, Soak hole, Exit trail

So, PBR, you are up our way now. Living ? , working ? short term, long term. Jf its long term, good choice mate :thumbsup: No doubt we will see you out and about in the forest, or one of the 5 bike shops within 500 metres :p .
Next step will be the boat or jet ski (you won't have time to think about wind turbines)

Living and working long term in the 07, not in a shop, but I'll be around :thumbsup:

see ya on the trails :) :thumbsup:
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 20 years 6 months

Postby Monolith on Sun 8/Jun/08 7:56pm

Grumpyoldman wrote:
Monolith wrote: Sorry, racing in vegas next weekend. :D

Then the weekend after is midwinter karapoti. :D

It's 3 weeks to K day ;)

So it is :0

I might have time to get the BFe back together by then :blush:
Monolith
"Look! I still walk away"
Member for: 16 years 10 months

Postby Jono on Sun 8/Jun/08 8:17pm

Bunch of digging up on Jawbone in Long Gully. By about 3, we had the bottom of the track almost sorted out; the nana line is now complete (including a bunch of retaining), the hole at the bottom of the ladder sorted out (dug out a big root, put in a giant rock), retained the track next to the dodgy bank line above the ladder, and built a step-up out of the last bowl before the track ends.

And then we shuttled it. No wind (well, not one that caused any nasty cross winds), sunny, and new track.

Oh, and the sun strike from hell. I was about to hit the big race double, when the sun flared all over my goggles, and I couldn't see anything.

Perfect day...
Jono
"High Grade Mental Defective"
Member for: 20 years 9 months

Postby cd on Mon 9/Jun/08 12:39am

Today seemed like a good day to take the Yeti for an outing in the snow so I went to one of my favorite / regular riding spots, the wharfedale. :thumbsup:

I was not disappointed, it was a lot different that when I was there two weeks ago :D , and I was surprised how ridable it was :exclaim: .

Was a good workout and lots of fun :p
Wharefdale (snow) 001.jpg
Wharefdale (snow) 002.jpg
Wharefdale (snow) 003.jpg
cd
Member for: 16 years 7 months

Postby mitch7 on Mon 9/Jun/08 9:28am

cd wrote: Today seemed like a good day to take the Yeti for an outing in the snow so I went to one of my favorite / regular riding spots, the wharfedale. :thumbsup:

I was not disappointed, it was a lot different that when I was there two weeks ago :D , and I was surprised how ridable it was :exclaim: .

Was a good workout and lots of fun :p

Ive only ridden Wharfdale once(so far)..but that looks pretty hard core..i've never ridden on snow like that..whats traction like??Did you go as far as the hut?
mitch7
"A beard is like having a machine gun on your face. Pure badass."
Member for: 16 years 6 months

Postby mitch7 on Mon 9/Jun/08 9:32am

Yesterday..rode up to Fosters Clearing with Gus..expecting it to be wet,we had rain Saturday night. trail though was dry and hard..beaut day here in Marlborough,Sunny and Cold...

Bombed back down..muchas fun :)
mitch7
"A beard is like having a machine gun on your face. Pure badass."
Member for: 16 years 6 months

Postby swtchbckr on Mon 9/Jun/08 11:25am

Saturday, before the snow, Hanmer... AWESOME ride. in back of Conical off Jacks, Majuba, up dogstream, up Joliffes, down Upper Dogstream, Bigfoot TWICE, nature into Detox, up Joliffes again, and out RedRocks. love it up there. those trails shred good.

met about 3 or 4 groups of people, with maps, who had no idea where they were or what they were doing...
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 17 years 6 months

Cycling | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts