Postby Neub on Fri 6/Jun/08 10:29pm

dezalfittar wrote:
Neub wrote:
Al_Bushman wrote:
Fergie wrote: Not cold!!! It was f**king freezing. And that is from a guy with built in insulation.

I did 7 repeats up Hackthorne on Wednesday night finishing up at 9:45pm (late start). Was VERY cold by then but the repeats kept me sweating :)

Did several repeats to sumner for coffee this week - only serious training for me :D

I did several repeats to the box of "Roses Chocolates " Not the best way to work off the 4kg Ive put on in 3 weeks :cry:

Hook into 'em Dezal :D .... I recon I might have half a chance at beating you if you were 20kg's heavier :blush:
Neub
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby Fergie on Sat 7/Jun/08 12:08am

I think everyone should buy coffee at CC in Sumner. Glen was telling us about his collection of awesome steel frames. Would be great to see these bikes come together. Plus Ski needs the money. He is in training for the 500m at Nationals and needs to pay the deposit for my exhorbitant coaching fees!

No riding today. Last nights ride with the peoples champion cracked me.
Fergie
"Fat, opinionated and can't ride a bike to save himself. Sounds overqualified to be a coach."
Member for: 16 years 4 months

Postby 1bikerider1 on Sat 7/Jun/08 2:43pm

rode out to the prebbleton race to find that they had called it off because only a few of us turned up. its only a bit of rain you pussys hahah:D
1bikerider1
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby Ahad on Sat 7/Jun/08 2:43pm

At about 11:30am thought I'd risk it and head out for a 2hr ride up to the top of Evans and back. Just left and thought "hmmm those clouds don't look good- i should go back and get my thermals" but then couldn't be bothered. Good ride out to Evans. Even managed to hit 31k's up Evans with the tailwind. Started raining up the top with the arrival of the Southerly.(just heard its been snowing in Timaru!)

Holy shit it was cold! and just got colder. Not good when wearing shorts, and just a long sleeved top-no baselayer. Wind was blowing a gale, pissing down and under 5degrees( its 4.4 now). God knows what the windchill was. Hands and feet numb by Gov'nors so decided to floor it to generate some heat at Teddington- didn't work :D . Could only hit 18kph into the Southerly at the start of Teddington going full blast!
Luckily as I turned the corner could easily keep over 40. Sprinted up that hill before Orton Bradley and couldn't even raise a sweat. Got home and it was a bit painfull waiting for the blood to come back into the old hands, and feet before I could jump in the shower. Man I hate that!
I must say that last hour seemed like about 2hrs- great to get home though into the warmth and feed my face!
Ahad
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby 1bikerider1 on Sat 7/Jun/08 2:46pm

yea it seemed to get really cold really quick!! i didnt have my thermals either...mistake!! or my gloves!! haha i know the feeling, its not good!
1bikerider1
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby Al_Bushman on Sat 7/Jun/08 2:58pm

Ahad wrote: At about 11:30am thought I'd risk it and head out for a 2hr ride up to the top of Evans and back. Just left and thought "hmmm those clouds don't look good- i should go back and get my thermals" but then couldn't be bothered. Good ride out to Evans. Even managed to hit 31k's up Evans with the tailwind. Started raining up the top with the arrival of the Southerly.(just heard its been snowing in Timaru!)

I must say that last hour seemed like about 2hrs- great to get home though into the warmth and feed my face!

Must've just missed you. I left home at about 11am and did SB's then back along the summit road just as it started raining. I got the same treatment as you but on top of the hills. Brrrrr! :butbut:

Was feeling a bit tired today after getting up for work at 5:30am.
Al_Bushman
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Postby Ahad on Sat 7/Jun/08 3:07pm

Yeah only saw one other MTBer going up Evans. A guy waiting at the lights half way down, and this rather attractive female roadie just climbing out of Gov'nors on the way home.
Was planning on doing the Summit Rd loop too but decided against it after seeing the advancing Southerly just piling over Mt Herbert etc!
Ahad
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby m1985 on Sat 7/Jun/08 3:29pm

1bikerider1 wrote: rode out to the prebbleton race to find that they had called it off because only a few of us turned up. its only a bit of rain you pussys hahah:D

I rode out there too but ii was strugggling to keep mu bike on the road in the wind! so went home
m1985
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Postby m-r-h on Sat 7/Jun/08 4:59pm

I left hm at 11:00 and grovelled around SB's, Nor West up Dyers but Southerly around the Harbour.

Managed 56min, chased another rider up Evans, sometimes you see someone ahead and its like a bull at a red blanket, didn't quite catch em up hill but put the hammer down the other side and clocked 91Km/hr :)

Lookin at it snowin out the window now :crazy:
m-r-h

Postby Tony_Cleall on Sun 8/Jun/08 3:06pm

Yesterday, finished work at 2pm, jumped on my trusty sted when for a 2 hour ride in wind rain and hail. Only because I hadn't riden my bike for 3 days, I needed some "fresh air". Had a hot shower when I got home, some food and lots of beer while watching the rugby lol.

This morning because it was a stunning day, I grabbed the camera and rode up to the Kiwi(very dodgy) then back down damm slowly, over to taitap and took some more pictures and up to the top of gebbies(yep more pictures), then back down, then off to Lincoln, Burham, Prebleton(practised some sprints). Saw they had some kind of road/running race there and then back home to a cold shower this time as my hot water was on the blink....... :crazy:
100_2650.jpg
Near sign of Kiwi
100_2651.jpg
Tai tapu somewhere.
Tony_Cleall
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Postby Al_Bushman on Sun 8/Jun/08 3:57pm

m-r-h wrote: I left hm at 11:00 and grovelled around SB's, Nor West up Dyers but Southerly around the Harbour.

Managed 56min, chased another rider up Evans, sometimes you see someone ahead and its like a bull at a red blanket, didn't quite catch em up hill but put the hammer down the other side and clocked 91Km/hr :)

What were you wearing? I might have passed you heading up Dyers. Was the guy you were chasing wearing blue kit? (not me but someone that might have been just ahead of you).
Al_Bushman
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Postby Fergie on Sun 8/Jun/08 4:07pm

Thanks Tony.

Just heading out now.

Brrrrrr
Fergie
"Fat, opinionated and can't ride a bike to save himself. Sounds overqualified to be a coach."
Member for: 16 years 4 months

Postby bigjimsty on Sun 8/Jun/08 4:46pm

I raced the Prebbleton Winter Series Duathlon (Race 1 of 3) this morning - frickin' feezing !! :paranoid:
First run was not too bad, 3.6km in a little over 15mins for me. I'm one of the slower runners haha. Onto the bike and it was soon apparrent I just didn't have that extra gear needed to pick the pace up, felt like I was pushing quite hard and not getting a lot of speed back. So the 20km 'non-drafting' leg was just over 38mins.
Last run was horrible, bit of a walk-run-walk affair for me I'm afraid. Had a stitch within the first few strides, only managed to run non-stop for the last km or so. I was aiming for 1hr10 which I think if I could have dialled in the last run I would have made, but wasn't to be today. Sounds like I'm grumbling, but I'm quite happy with it considering I'm pretty much at base fitness at present.
Crossed the line in 1hr20, apart from the zero temperature it was a great morning and a decent turn out :thumbsup:
bigjimsty
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Postby XCrider on Sun 8/Jun/08 4:54pm

Had my first ride on the roadie this morning in 3 months :0 just been taking advantage of awsome MTB conditions so it had been put in the corner. And with yesterdays snow looking so nice and the blue sky and sun going full noise i pumped up the tyres dusted of the roadie slipped on my lycra and went for a roadie out to sumner didnt bother going on the hills for fear of hitting the ice :) Great day for it.
XCrider
Member for: 18 years 11 months

Postby m-r-h on Sun 8/Jun/08 5:05pm

Al_Bushman wrote:
m-r-h wrote: I left hm at 11:00 and grovelled around SB's, Nor West up Dyers but Southerly around the Harbour.

What were you wearing? I might have passed you heading up Dyers. Was the guy you were chasing wearing blue kit? (not me but someone that might have been just ahead of you).

I was wearing a blue Netti long sleeve and shorts. The only rider who passed me got me right at the bottom of Hackthorne Rd, I was stuffin about with my computer. Who ever it was smoked me up to top of Dyers.

I passed a couple of riders up Evans, the guy I was chasing was in black and about 300m ahead of me at the start, he spent most of the climb off the saddle pushin a big gear, I got within a bike length or two at the top and he spotted me and sprinted the last 20m. I had bugger all left to chase em :crazy:
I passed em down the other side of Evans, he was riding a sweet lookin Pinerello.
m-r-h

Cycling | Road Cycling - Latest Posts