Postby musket on Tue 20/May/08 9:22pm

SlackBoy wrote:
musket wrote:
SlackBoy wrote:
musket wrote: I'm getting quite excited by plotting the wheels for my new bike... mmm...
??on a graph??

No, in my lair under the swimming pool. They is going to be fruity.
Do you have sharks with frikkin laser beams on their heads. I can get you a hot deal if you don't

I'm not sure if they'll get on with my cat, and the new butler; he's got dentures.

Have you ever seen a cx bike with tubeless Stans rims, built on custom Dave Fischer Campy / Disc hubs (with new, proto Fischer freebub) and 45c rear, 2.1front tyres?

This bike is going to go anywhere.
GroundskeeperORANGE.JPG
Like this, but very not.
musket
Member for: 20 years 2 months

Postby Oli on Tue 20/May/08 9:24pm

droooool
Oli
Member for: 17 years 3 months

Postby SlackBoy on Tue 20/May/08 9:24pm

musket wrote:
SlackBoy wrote:
musket wrote:
SlackBoy wrote:
musket wrote: I'm getting quite excited by plotting the wheels for my new bike... mmm...
??on a graph??

No, in my lair under the swimming pool. They is going to be fruity.
Do you have sharks with frikkin laser beams on their heads. I can get you a hot deal if you don't

I'm not sure if they'll get on with my cat, and the new butler; he's got dentures.

Have you ever seen a cx bike with tubeless Stans rims, built on custom Dave Fischer Campy / Disc hubs (with new, proto Fischer freebub) and 45c rear, 2.1front tyres?

This bike is going to go anywhere.
No but it will get you killed.

Would you prefer a ditch, or a nice shaded glen and being covered in leaves. I thought I'd be nice and give you a choice for your final resting place
SlackBoy
Member for: 20 years 11 months

Postby Nick_K on Tue 20/May/08 9:25pm

Whoar.
Nick_K
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 18 years 1 month

Postby musket on Tue 20/May/08 9:28pm

I'm really liking that Orange w white decalls actually! It'd be quite a cool contrast to the Track bike.

It'll be Campy too... mmm. I'm pretty sure that a 45c will have a strong enough casing to run stan's.
musket

Postby SlackBoy on Tue 20/May/08 9:28pm

And nick, seeing as you weren't at the race on sunday, At some point, maybe not this year, but definitly next, CX race or 2 out at belmont. Hoz of the jungle is right into it.
SlackBoy

Postby SlackBoy on Tue 20/May/08 9:29pm

musket wrote: I'm really liking that Orange w white decalls actually! It'd be quite a cool contrast to the Track bike.

It'll be Campy too... mmm. I'm pretty sure that a 45c will have a strong enough casing to run stan's.
They've been running stans in a few road tires
SlackBoy

Postby Nick_K on Tue 20/May/08 9:30pm

musket wrote: I'm pretty sure that a 45c will have a strong enough casing to run stan's.

Interesting. Have been meaning to try set my cyclocross wheels up stans but never got around to it. What find of pressures do you expect to run? I'd imagine that will play a big part to its success or otherwise.
Nick_K
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 18 years 1 month

Postby musket on Tue 20/May/08 9:31pm

One change is going to be the need to run MTB cranks, due to the clearance you need with larger tyres. They'll likely be the FSA KForce 2x9... 29x44.

With a compact drop bar. Drop bar. This thing is going to be all kinds of fun down Split Enz.
musket

Postby musket on Tue 20/May/08 9:34pm

SlackBoy wrote:
musket wrote: I'm really liking that Orange w white decalls actually! It'd be quite a cool contrast to the Track bike.

Probably only as a puncture sealant? I was told by the Stan's Oceania rep a few years back that they'd had some pretty nasty failures when testing on the road, as they'd not factored in how much the tube contributes to the structural integrity of a road tyre.

Might work with the new Hutchinson tyres on non-tubeless rims though?
musket

Postby SlackBoy on Tue 20/May/08 9:38pm

musket wrote:
SlackBoy wrote:

Probably only as a puncture sealant? I was told by the Stan's Oceania rep a few years back that they'd had some pretty nasty failures when testing on the road, as they'd not factored in how much the tube contributes to the structural integrity of a road tyre.

Might work with the new Hutchinson tyres on non-tubeless rims though?
Actually I take that back. Ya the hutchies will work on any rim. Tho I bet you could get a armadillo to work. It'll still weigh 4 million pounds tho
SlackBoy

Postby CrustyMTB on Wed 21/May/08 4:10am

Jeeze, you roadies!!

Woot for child free days!! (and visiting Grandparents)
CrustyMTB
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""
Member for: 18 years 5 months

Postby Bigfoot on Wed 21/May/08 5:19am

Yo crusty, you in Vic this forthcoming weekend?
Bigfoot
"We are the Village Green Preservation Society"
Member for: 19 years 4 months

Postby Flyboy on Wed 21/May/08 9:29am

finding this picture buried on my computer;taken at the Beerfest here in Tga over the summer makes me w00t - figured it was worth sharing :)
Picture 025 (Medium).jpg
Tauranga summers; better than Palmerston North summers
Flyboy
"Destined for Disaster"
Member for: 17 years 6 months

Postby musket on Wed 21/May/08 10:38am

Nice caption. Also better than Rotorua summers.

I'm going w00t because my cross bike delivery just got confirmed for September. A bit of a wait, but Sean only builds 85 frames a year...

I can't wait.
musket

Sifting - Latest Posts