Postby ryda on Wed 17/Oct/07 9:16pm

just did a couple of laps of lower makara up as far as RE before doing some digging on Lazyfern
ryda
"WTF"
Member for: 16 years 6 months

Postby VERT on Thu 18/Oct/07 2:53pm

Was gonna go for a roadie last night but my arm is easily twisted when mountain biking is involved. Went up Makara, was great seeing so many people out there
VERT
Member for: 19 years 8 months

Postby onerahi on Thu 18/Oct/07 6:19pm

woodhill.
onerahi
Member for: 17 years 3 months

Postby avantibill on Thu 18/Oct/07 11:32pm

avantibill approx 3 weeks ago wrote: My ride started a few k's up the road from Glenorchy, passed Diamond Lake and Paradise. till it comes to a walking track. Being in Mt Aspiring National Park I was unable to ride the walking track dammit! I covered 40 km, with a return tail wind. Got some pics, but I am using my folks PC so I can not post them up till I get home.

Ok better late than never!
P1000275ps.jpg
Paradise, Dart River Montage
googleparadise.jpg
Google map of ride
avantibill
"Dunedin - It's highly rated!"
Member for: 16 years 8 months

Postby Monolith on Fri 19/Oct/07 6:15pm

I am rather fucked. :hmmm:

Left home around 10 this morning, and headed out to Porirua. Went round Pautahanui inlet, and up to Battle Hill. From there I moseyed over Transmission Gulley, and along the top of the ridge before ducking down to Wainui Stream. From there it was a decent climb up to Rimu Road, which then came out at the bottom* of Dopers Creek, part of the Karapoti course. Up Dopers, down the pram track and out along the gorge.

Legs were still feeling good, so headed for town in the sun, with not so much as a breath of wind. Lovely.

Into town for a quick sift/sit down, then back home to Karori. All up I think it's a bit over 15km. :D
transmissiongulley1.jpg
Looking down on Tranny Gulley from Battle Hill
transmissiongulley2.jpg
Looking over Pautahanui inlet and Whitby, etc...
dicksyardlol.jpg
Lulz sign
medopers.jpg
Me at the bottom of Dopers
McghiesBridge.jpg
Near the bottom of the Karapoti Gorge
karapotiroad.jpg
And you pop out here
Monolith
"Look! I still walk away"
Member for: 16 years 9 months

Postby leeman on Fri 19/Oct/07 8:27pm

Monolith wrote: I am rather fucked. :hmmm:

Left home around 10 this morning, and headed out to Porirua. Went round Pautahanui inlet, and up to Battle Hill. From there I moseyed over Transmission Gulley, and along the top of the ridge before ducking down to Wainui Stream. From there it was a decent climb up to Rimu Road, which then came out at the bottom* of Dopers Creek, part of the Karapoti course. Up Dopers, down the pram track and out along the gorge.

Legs were still feeling good, so headed for town in the sun, with not so much as a breath of wind. Lovely.

Into town for a quick sift/sit down, then back home to Karori. All up I think it's a bit over 15km. :D

Lycra :crazy: hahahahahaha
leeman
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby MattV on Fri 19/Oct/07 8:42pm

I havent ridden my bike for three weeks. I've forgotten the correct pedaling technique. :(

Cool pics btw
MattV
"If the world was how it should be, maybe I could get some sleep"
Member for: 17 years 2 months

Postby Monolith on Fri 19/Oct/07 9:47pm

leeman wrote:

Lycra :crazy: hahahahahaha

STFU!!! :angry: :p

All my baggies were in the wash :paranoid:
Monolith
"Look! I still walk away"
Member for: 16 years 9 months

Postby pushbikerider on Fri 19/Oct/07 9:53pm

Nice ride, I am envious of the big rides you have been doing recently
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 20 years 4 months

Postby ryda on Fri 19/Oct/07 10:03pm

Monolith wrote:

?????
ryda
"WTF"
Member for: 16 years 6 months

Postby Butch on Fri 19/Oct/07 10:22pm

Weren't you trying to insinuate you were chubby? :eh:

Obviously your XTC is far too exercise oriented.

Soo... as of tomorrow it's now 2 months since I rode my DH bike, and 3 and a bit since I rode my XC.. :crazy:
Butch
"Like a monkey, ready to be shot into space!"
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Postby porschenut on Fri 19/Oct/07 10:27pm

Cool gloves monolith- what are they?
porschenut
Member for: 17 years 2 months

Postby Wobbler on Fri 19/Oct/07 10:28pm

Rode butch's face for a bit
Wobbler
User avatarMedal

Postby Butch on Fri 19/Oct/07 10:31pm

Wobbler wrote: Rode butch's face for a bit

What can I say? I was all out of toothpicks.
Butch
"Like a monkey, ready to be shot into space!"
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Postby Wobbler on Fri 19/Oct/07 10:31pm

Butch wrote:
Wobbler wrote: Rode butch's face for a bit

What can I say? I was all out of toothpicks.
Now you're out of teeth!
Wobbler
User avatarMedal

Cycling | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts