Postby porschenut on Mon 7/May/07 9:23pm

My commute is boring, no roadies on it....
porschenut
Member for: 17 years 4 months

Postby OliverB on Mon 7/May/07 9:57pm

I used to see one who would take off at a million miles per hour in racey looking attire, while I trailed way back on a mountain bike. Now he's nowhere to be seen when I finally have an appropriate weapon to catch up.

Just a number of mountain bikes and school kids to roar past, not quite as satisfying.
OliverB
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Postby Joel on Wed 9/May/07 11:57am

aweome conditions last couple of days in wellington, bit chilly this morning though. min of 3 degrees on the bike according to my polar.! glad i had my winter gloves on!
Joel
"Style over speed"
Member for: 20 years 6 months

Postby dhroadie on Wed 9/May/07 12:11pm

got beeped at for no reason the other day while climbing owhiro rd, car sneaked up behind me and beeped really loudly, shat me up good styles. i was way left, being a good lad and he was just being a c**t. problem was it was still a good k or so to the lights so couldn't have caught up and given him a mouthful. gold coloured late model honda, didn't see the rego. :angry:
dhroadie
Member for: 16 years 0 months

Postby Al_Bushman on Wed 9/May/07 7:22pm

Look out - the Bushman is training again :satan: 3 hill rides in 3 days - wooot!

Quiet at work at the mo, so I've been sneaking out at 4:15/30 and hitting the hills for 1.5hrs. Back by 6pm which is when I normally get home anyways. :thumbsup: No one the wiser ;)
Al_Bushman
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Postby Lozz on Wed 9/May/07 7:56pm

Did the first day of schools racing today and it was packed!

over 120 riders... and i know a lot of people didnt show up so dread to think how busy its gona get. Good for the future of cycling though!

Oh yer and the TT hurt.. haha
Lozz
"Shaven and misbehave'n"
Member for: 16 years 0 months

Postby psychavoc on Wed 9/May/07 8:03pm

I rode to work and back :blush:

First time in my new roadie shoes. Gosh they're hard to walk through the building to my office in! :paranoid:
psychavoc
"www.celiaridesbikes.com"
Member for: 19 years 2 months

Postby XCrider on Wed 9/May/07 8:15pm

Al_Bushman wrote: Look out - the Bushman is training again :satan: 3 hill rides in 3 days - wooot!

Quiet at work at the mo, so I've been sneaking out at 4:15/30 and hitting the hills for 1.5hrs. Back by 6pm which is when I normally get home anyways. :thumbsup: No one the wiser ;)

soo figure 8 this saturday morning :D
XCrider
Member for: 18 years 11 months

Postby Fergie on Wed 9/May/07 8:19pm

Boring farts.

We set up a track through the new road store and did flying laps. Matt the mechanic beat Adam the shop boy by 10sec and me by 25sec.

Will teach Craig to have a day off
Fergie
"Fat, opinionated and can't ride a bike to save himself. Sounds overqualified to be a coach."
Member for: 16 years 4 months

Postby XCrider on Wed 9/May/07 8:29pm

check ya Messages Fergie ;)
XCrider

Postby Fergie on Wed 9/May/07 8:44pm

Lozz wrote: Did the first day of schools racing today and it was packed!

over 120 riders... and i know a lot of people didnt show up so dread to think how busy its gona get. Good for the future of cycling though!

Awesome turnout.

Team HQ were there in force.
schools racing_0002.jpg
Fergie
"Fat, opinionated and can't ride a bike to save himself. Sounds overqualified to be a coach."

Postby laurenw on Wed 9/May/07 8:53pm

Man they must have been busy if Mum was on timing!!!

Is that Paul Dayle doing the holding?? Hes been really good since he has come into cycling, hes only too happy to help anyone.

Sorry I never followed through on ur offer Fergie but had no reason too, I already get good enough deals : )
laurenw
Member for: 17 years 0 months

Postby XCrider on Wed 9/May/07 8:54pm

Is that a scott :lol: imagine the scribble marks if it was a KHS :0
XCrider

Postby Fergie on Wed 9/May/07 9:25pm

Ha ha, told Osh we were going to paint over the decals till he gets a Trek.

Not sure of the holders name, but is damned useful. A truck went flying through a race last year running over the wheel and foot of one of my riders. Didn't stop till he (Police officer) chased him down and advised him to get back to the scene asap and he was getting charged first thing for dangerous driving and leaving the scene of an accident. Plus paying for a wheel rebuild.
Fergie

Postby MVink on Thu 10/May/07 3:10pm

Fergie wrote:
Lozz wrote: Did the first day of schools racing today and it was packed!

Awesome turnout.

Team HQ were there in force.

Haha, it's little Josh
MVink
Member for: 18 years 3 months

Cycling | Road Cycling - Latest Posts