Postby laurenw on Mon 9/Apr/07 7:06pm

XCrider wrote: ohh i know she only just missed out on a track place for worlds i think but yeah she didnt do the le race or anything like that so maybe she's of the bike for a while

Haha aaron Annaliise and track?? She has never ever done track in her life. But that is a goog guess. WHo do u mean Fi Carswell, Jos Rastrick or Tammy maybe??
laurenw
Member for: 17 years 0 months

Postby XCrider on Mon 9/Apr/07 7:09pm

laurenw wrote:
XCrider wrote: ohh i know she only just missed out on a track place for worlds i think but yeah she didnt do the le race or anything like that so maybe she's of the bike for a while

Haha aaron Annaliise and track?? She has never ever done track in her life. But that is a goog guess. WHo do u mean Fi Carswell, Jos Rastrick or Tammy maybe??
:blush: nah i thought there was a Annalise who done track oh well :lol: dont listen to me
XCrider
Member for: 18 years 11 months

Postby Fergie on Mon 9/Apr/07 7:32pm

Surprising but I have no idea what she is up to. Last time I saw her was Elite Nats in January. Isn't she off to ETC?
Fergie
"Fat, opinionated and can't ride a bike to save himself. Sounds overqualified to be a coach."
Member for: 16 years 4 months

Postby Oli on Mon 9/Apr/07 7:35pm

Last I heard, maybe with the second influx.
Oli
Member for: 17 years 2 months

Postby SamultheCamul on Tue 10/Apr/07 12:33pm

I actually haven't seen Annalise or Bevan Eyles around Christchurch for a very long time.
Not that im complaining, its all good for my team mate Tracey Clarkes chances in the trek 8 womens, she is going damn strong at the moment :thumbsup:
SamultheCamul
Member for: 19 years 6 months

Postby bmcboy on Wed 11/Apr/07 6:25pm

Last night it was the wind trainer,Today it was SB.The tail wind down to Sumner was O so much fun :thumbsup: Then a little rain at the Kiwi and back home
bmcboy
Member for: 16 years 0 months

Postby Natral on Wed 11/Apr/07 7:03pm

I rode in the WIND today. Bays - the wind pushed me along to 45ks. Which doesn't sound like much, but i aint into speed in a big way, and i wasn't pedalling hard. Then heading past a fully light up neon wind indicator near Rickys I seriously nearly lost it on to my side. Scary stuff. But fun :).
Natral
Member for: 19 years 10 months

Postby Oli on Wed 11/Apr/07 7:16pm

I have a saying that I have used in my sigs for years, on and off. It's a quote from 5 time Tour de France winner, Jacques Anquetil, and it goes, "There is always wind on the road..."

Well not THIS much wind. :crazy:

The Bays was hard out today, especially Point Jerningham into Oriental Bay...I almost got off my bike 'cos I thought I'd stopped. :0
Oli
Member for: 17 years 2 months

Postby MVink on Thu 12/Apr/07 12:47pm

I want to ride short bays today, but I'm not 100% on the directions. Can someone please help me out?
MVink
Member for: 18 years 3 months

Postby Spyder on Thu 12/Apr/07 12:56pm

Hackthorne Road or Dyers Pass to the Sign of the Kiwi, down the hill into Governors Bay, turn left, around the harbour to Lyttelton, up out of Lyttelton to Evans Pass (need to go up one street in Lyttelton, I take 1st left after the tunnel roundabout), down into Sumner and then home.
Spyder
"A little inaccuracy sometimes saves a ton of explanation."
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby danose on Thu 12/Apr/07 12:56pm

MycoolManic wrote: I want to ride short bays today, but I'm not 100% on the directions. Can someone please help me out?

head out of town towards halswell, then keep following that road (main highway to akaroa), out past motukara veer right and carry on, passing thru little river and cooptown. You'll climb up a largish hill - at the top veer right (signposted 'summit rd') - carry on along this until you hit the end of the road, turn right and descend into akaroa, when you hit the harbour turn right and follow that road back thru duvauchelles, climbing back up to the hilltop tavern, then straight ahead, descending back to little river and back to motuakara. At motukara turn right (signpost for gebbies pass) - climb up over that, dropping down into lyttleton harbour, then turning left to follow the road around to governor bay and a lyttelton, then on up to gebbies pass and straight ahead and down into sumner

:satan: :satan: :satan: :satan: :satan: :satan:
danose
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 18 years 4 months

Postby Stun on Thu 12/Apr/07 12:59pm

danose wrote:
MycoolManic wrote: I want to ride short bays today, but I'm not 100% on the directions. Can someone please help me out?

head out of town towards halswell, then keep following that road (main highway to akaroa), out past motukara veer right and carry on, passing thru little river and cooptown. You'll climb up a largish hill - at the top veer right (signposted 'summit rd') - carry on along this until you hit the end of the road, turn right and descend into akaroa, when you hit the harbour turn right and follow that road back thru duvauchelles, climbing back up to the hilltop tavern, then straight ahead, descending back to little river and back to motuakara. At motukara turn right (signpost for gebbies pass) - climb up over that, dropping down into lyttleton harbour, then turning left to follow the road around to governor bay and a lyttelton, then on up to gebbies pass and straight ahead and down into sumner

:satan: :satan: :satan: :satan: :satan: :satan:

That sounds about right...
Should take... ohhh, about an hour and twenty minutes if you're just cruising right? ;)
Stun
Member for: 19 years 9 months

Postby MVink on Thu 12/Apr/07 1:18pm

:eh:
Short bays.JPG
MVink
Member for: 18 years 3 months

Postby Al_Bushman on Thu 12/Apr/07 5:42pm

MycoolManic wrote: :eh:

That's wrong anyway. Misses out Heathcote Valley.

I huffed and puffed my way around SB's & summit road today. Felt pretty shit but managed to hold on to a team rider from Governors to Lyttelton though. Legs gave out after that :(
Al_Bushman
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Postby singlemalt on Fri 13/Apr/07 10:25pm

I road out to Southbridge today at lunch time it was great how often in christchurch do you get a 1 hour ride up hill. 21 kms out in the hour and 35mins back, I didn't see any other cyclist out, they missed a great hill ride on the flat.
singlemalt
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Cycling | Road Cycling - Latest Posts