Postby Natral on Thu 1/Mar/07 11:45am

[self wrangled comment about lube]
Natral
Member for: 19 years 10 months

Postby dhroadie on Thu 1/Mar/07 11:57am

Natral wrote: And fitting my bike for me, so i hopefully stop getting a sore back.

i have that problem too - if you're near the terrace "back to living chiropractic" are doing free spinal assessments this week - i'm going tomorrow. hopefully this coupled with oli's expertise will make the problem go away :)
dhroadie
Member for: 16 years 0 months

Postby Natral on Thu 1/Mar/07 12:10pm

I already see on one Dixon St. Luckily only been once in the past few months, instead of 2 times a week :crazy:
Natral
Member for: 19 years 10 months

Postby danose on Thu 1/Mar/07 12:22pm

rachelr wrote: Then Athena shorts have an ASSOS chamois in them I believe. No wonder they're so comfy!

if only that were true, it'd make the athena's very good value

athena chamois :

http://www.athenacycling.co.nz/Chamois_Technology.htm

assos chamois :

http://www.assos.com/en/technology/shor ... atomy.aspx

quite obviously not the same

as far as I can tell by looking (comparing my shorts to SLG's athenas) the chamois athena is using is the chick's version of the elastic seamless chamois found in the prorace shorts (probikekit's own brand http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=C9475) - it's good, espec for the price (definitely a step above what krank/ge are using) - but not in the same class as what assos uses (or the top castelli or pearl izumi stetch chamois either)
danose
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 18 years 4 months

Postby rachelr on Thu 1/Mar/07 1:04pm

Ah apologies :blush: I thought I remembered Andy telling me they were using an Assos chamois last year some time.
It's still damn comfy tho so I'd love to try an Assos one if it's even better!
rachelr
Member for: 16 years 11 months

Postby jeremyb on Thu 1/Mar/07 1:07pm

Mmmmm Assos, oh so expensive, but oh so covetable :love:
jeremyb
"www.derailled.co.nz - New Zealand Cycling Forum"
Member for: 19 years 8 months

Postby danose on Thu 1/Mar/07 1:20pm

rachelr wrote: Ah apologies :blush: I thought I remembered Andy telling me they were using an Assos chamois last year some time.
It's still damn comfy tho so I'd love to try an Assos one if it's even better!

Assos are famous for being the only shorts requiring a mortgage to buy (as in over $350 for a pair of bibs http://www.parker-international.co.uk/P ... ductID/471 )

more to the point, they only do ONE womens chamois (F1.lady) and it's not on the same level as the F1.13 (it's basically a womens F1.Mille)

If you want state of the art women's specific chamois' you should be looking at Pearl Izumi - their womens range is better ( http://www.pearlizumi.com/technology.ph ... l&cat_id=6 ) and even their top stuff is still slightly cheaper than Assos
TF1Ladyblue.jpg
danose

Postby phunk on Thu 1/Mar/07 1:24pm

You just wanted an excuse to post that pic, good work.
phunk
Member for: 18 years 7 months

Postby danose on Thu 1/Mar/07 1:29pm

phunk wrote: You just wanted an excuse to post that pic, good work.

no - if I was being grauitous I'd have posted THIS one :satan:
T_FI_Lady_Knicker_RX.jpg
danose

Postby mtb_chick on Fri 2/Mar/07 12:46pm

I went for a ride today....to Wellington Hospital.....in an ambulance :cry:
mtb_chick

Postby Tugboat on Fri 2/Mar/07 12:47pm

mtb_chick wrote: I went for a ride today....to Wellington Hospital.....in an ambulance :cry:

Owww... what happened? :exclaim:
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"
Member for: 16 years 6 months

Postby sifter on Fri 2/Mar/07 12:48pm

mtb_chick wrote: I went for a ride today....to Wellington Hospital.....in an ambulance :cry:

at least you're here to tell the tale...
sifter
Member for: 18 years 10 months

Postby mtb_chick on Fri 2/Mar/07 12:56pm

Tugboat wrote:
Owww... what happened? :exclaim:

Riding merrily along Thordon Quay, guy in car decides to pull into a park. I slam into the font guard and over the bonnet.

No major injury, just bumps and grazes, but concerned bystander called an ambulance so I was bundled off in that as a precautionary measure.

The worst part is that I may have been unclear to the police as I couldn't recall if I was undertaking him (in which case I may get a ticket), I may have even said I was. I'm pretty sure I wasn't and have witnesses who say I wasn't...but who knows. I just don't want to have to pay for any repairs to the guys Audi just because he didn't look in his rear view mirror and indicate
mtb_chick

Postby danose on Fri 2/Mar/07 1:00pm

mtb_chick wrote: The worst part is that I may have been unclear to the police as I couldn't recall if I was undertaking him (in which case I may get a ticket), I may have even said I was. I'm pretty sure I wasn't and have witnesses who say I wasn't...but who knows. I just don't want to have to pay for any repairs to the guys Audi just because he didn't look in his rear view mirror and indicate

if push comes to shove I don't think a statement taken from someone obviously in shock and being bundled into an ambulance would stand up that well in court - so just deny everything :satan:

and if the cops ask again specifically say "I didn't see any indicators" - which will put the onus on him to prove he didn't pull in without indicating (at which point his insurers will file it in the too hard basket)
danose

Postby rachelr on Fri 2/Mar/07 1:05pm

mtb_chick wrote:The worst part is that I may have been unclear to the police as I couldn't recall if I was undertaking him (in which case I may get a ticket), I may have even said I was. I'm pretty sure I wasn't and have witnesses who say I wasn't...but who knows. I just don't want to have to pay for any repairs to the guys Audi just because he didn't look in his rear view mirror and indicate

How would you have been undertaking him? I assume they mean you were to his left as you both drove along the road and he didn't check to make sure you were clear of the car or that he wasn't cutting you off when he decided to pull in? Cos if you were between him and the side of the road, surely you're where you're expected to be? :eh:

I'm glad you're not seriously injured though :thumbsup: Was your bike damaged at all?
rachelr
Member for: 16 years 11 months

Cycling | Road Cycling - Latest Posts