Postby weathy on Wed 3/Jan/07 6:11pm

I want to ride the Swampy Ridge track from Swampy Summit out to Waitati again one day. It's quite a cool hour long ride along flat single track and then the ride back over Mount Cargill is kind of cool.
weathy
Member for: 17 years 7 months

Postby Dave_the_Slushy on Wed 3/Jan/07 6:14pm

At home....on the huck I made! :thumbsup:

Folks had a big pile of dirt out the front of the new house, so I turned it into a jump.
rampup.JPG
Landing.JPG
Dave_the_Slushy
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby Stun on Wed 3/Jan/07 6:15pm

weathy wrote: I want to ride the Swampy Ridge track from Swampy Summit out to Waitati again one day. It's quite a cool hour long ride along flat single track and then the ride back over Mount Cargill is kind of cool.

Yeah - I wanna do a little more riding out there. No doubt there's a lot more tracks I'm yet to play on
:)
Stun
Member for: 19 years 9 months

Postby weathy on Wed 3/Jan/07 6:23pm

Stun wrote:
weathy wrote: I want to ride the Swampy Ridge track from Swampy Summit out to Waitati again one day. It's quite a cool hour long ride along flat single track and then the ride back over Mount Cargill is kind of cool.

Yeah - I wanna do a little more riding out there. No doubt there's a lot more tracks I'm yet to play on
:)

Theres a heap of tracks that I was from the top of Mount Cargill at the race the other day that I want to find.
weathy
Member for: 17 years 7 months

Postby avantibill on Wed 3/Jan/07 6:47pm

weathy wrote: I rode at Whare Flat/ Swampy Summit today. Great weather in dunedin. :)

That's cause I started back at work today.

So you finally recovered from New Year Weathy? I noticed you didn't turn up to the New Years Day ride at Forrester Park. FacePlant made it! :p
avantibill
"Dunedin - It's highly rated!"
Member for: 16 years 10 months

Postby Nick_K on Wed 3/Jan/07 7:50pm

Rode up tip track a couple of times as penance for not riding yesterday even though it was my day off and the weather wasn't that bad.

Then headed along the fenceline down scout hall then goldmine.
Nick_K
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 18 years 0 months

Postby Stun on Wed 3/Jan/07 8:00pm

avantibill wrote:
weathy wrote: I rode at Whare Flat/ Swampy Summit today. Great weather in dunedin. :)

So you finally recovered from New Year Weathy? I noticed you didn't turn up to the New Years Day ride at Forrester Park. FacePlant made it! :p

That was a relatively short ride though... :huh:
Stun

Postby Wobbler on Wed 3/Jan/07 8:03pm

Dave_the_Slushy wrote: At home....on the huck I made! :thumbsup:

Folks had a big pile of dirt out the front of the new house, so I turned it into a jump.

Good shit! :D

Make a big gap and fill it with snakes etc.
Wobbler
User avatarMedal

Postby avantibill on Wed 3/Jan/07 8:47pm

Stun wrote:
avantibill wrote:

agreed, mind you the weather was rather sh*tty and the tracks were getting cut up
avantibill
"Dunedin - It's highly rated!"

Postby mjc on Wed 3/Jan/07 8:49pm

The Port Hills for the first time in a year or so.... The tracks are in mint condition :) Now very sunburnt!
Scott Mt Vernon.jpg
mjc
Member for: 17 years 5 months

Postby Stun on Wed 3/Jan/07 8:50pm

avantibill wrote:
Stun wrote:
avantibill wrote:

agreed, mind you the weather was rather sh*tty and the tracks were getting cut up

Yep.
Hopefully Naseby is nice and dry on the weekend :thumbsup:
Riding somewhere different would be nice.
Stun

Postby Monolith on Wed 3/Jan/07 8:58pm

today I took the pink bike out for a play... started off on a local trail, then up to mt vic for a couple of runs. met up with Malcy +1 at the top, and upon reaching the top for the second time found my front brake disc was slightly loose and my rear axle was wobbly...

into teh bike shop, fixed, then out to makara. Couldn't be bothered riding there, so went up salvation, down scout hall, gold mine ad around to the wind turbine then down to my house :thumbsup:
Monolith
"Look! I still walk away"

Postby NightKid on Wed 3/Jan/07 9:26pm

:0 OMFGWTFINHELLISTHAT?
YOU MAD HUCKSTAR!1 :D
You should join OTH Racing!1

Where's teh landing? :eh: :p
NightKid
Member for: 17 years 0 months

Postby Dave_the_Slushy on Wed 3/Jan/07 9:49pm

NightKid wrote:

:0 OMFGWTFINHELLISTHAT?
YOU MAD HUCKSTAR!1 :D
You should join OTH Racing!1

Where's teh landing? :eh: :p

On the other side of the gully.....

:D

Nga, just a big pile of dirt* at the moment, but I'm getting up enough speed to justify making a proper drop off and landing :thumbsup:

*hur hur...dirt
Last edited by Dave_the_Slushy on Wed 3/Jan/07 9:59pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave_the_Slushy
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby NightKid on Wed 3/Jan/07 9:54pm

Looks good man, we can build sick stepdowns at uni next year...it will be off the hook!
NightKid
Member for: 17 years 0 months

Cycling | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts