Re: Motorcycle

Postby Chickie on Sat 11/Jul/09 8:06am

Percy Pig wrote:
Chickie wrote:I have been thinking a track day would a lot of fun ... not sure if Ed will let me ride the Gixxer :paranoid:

Point at the couch, then ask him. :D

:D

too be honest I'm not sure if I am ready for a bike that does 170 in 1st :crazy:
Chickie
Member for: 19 years 5 months

Postby wachtourak on Sat 11/Jul/09 10:05am

Just pin it til you bin it
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 19 years 6 months

Postby dicks-naughty-account on Sat 11/Jul/09 12:03pm

wachtourak wrote:Just pin it til you bin it

wise words these
dicks-naughty-account
"WRANGLER BUTTS DRIVE ME NUTS"
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Sat 11/Jul/09 12:13pm

:hmmm: Its been over 2 years and the job is still not done!

I took my SR500 frame, wheels and swingarm to the aluminium guy to reposition the shock mounts on the GSX100 swing arm I've had fitted to it (= more length and strength) but he still won't have done it (hasn't rung to say come and get it).

Its the hols so I'll pick it up and I'll get the original sa sandblasted and refit that as apart from the replacement sa(which would've at least been black like the frame) I am going for a classic / retro look/feel anyway.
FLATULENTFRIEND
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 13 years 8 months

Postby Percy Pig on Sat 11/Jul/09 7:30pm

Chickie wrote:
Percy Pig wrote:
Chickie wrote:I have been thinking a track day would a lot of fun ... not sure if Ed will let me ride the Gixxer :paranoid:

too be honest I'm not sure if I am ready for a bike that does 170 in 1st :crazy:

Just dont use the throttle. :thumbsup:
Percy Pig
"Got a bone?"
Member for: 20 years 1 month

Postby dicks-naughty-account on Sat 11/Jul/09 8:19pm

Percy Pig wrote:
Chickie wrote:
Percy Pig wrote:

Bad advice percy, I'd have expected better of you
dicks-naughty-account

Postby Percy Pig on Sun 12/Jul/09 4:24pm

dicks-naughty-account wrote:
Percy Pig wrote:
Chickie wrote:
Percy Pig wrote:

Bad advice percy, I'd have expected better of you

Meh, I dont use the throttle on my RMX much. :)

Mind you thats cos its usually on or off! :D
Percy Pig
"Got a bone?"
Member for: 20 years 1 month

Postby dicks-naughty-account on Tue 21/Jul/09 6:56pm

'Tis a sad day today. i feel that it is only wise that i part with my trusty steed. the plod don't seem to like the fact that i only have a restricted motorcycle license. i now have two hefty fines that i just cannot afford to pay. both are for the exact same thing. shit makes me BAWWWWW. fuck, i don't wanna sell it but i'm still a year off my full license and i have no other means of transport since my push bike is forkless and if another po po sees me on my bike i'm fucked. I'll lose my license. i don't speed (well, no plod has ever seen me) but there is a trend happening. and so i think you'll be seeing my baby on the tardmax.

fuck it. ima go cry now. :(
dicks-naughty-account

Postby Colin on Tue 21/Jul/09 9:54pm

Arse

Probably for the best but
Colin
Member for: 19 years 0 months

Postby dicks-naughty-account on Tue 21/Jul/09 10:18pm

yeah. i owe $1200. went through a check point two weeks ago (could have turned off, but i was sober so thought meh) and he saw my rego was out. BAM $200. "can i see your license sir" BAM $400. my pays are few and far between (fortnightly, and i dont earn much) so rego was next on my list. pay is this thursday so thats when i was gonna do it. went into town today to buy a $1 guitar pick, parked up and began to walk away, copper pulss up and does me for the same as last time. went in to buy a $1 peice of plastic, went home with another $600 fine. ouch.

apparently i can appeal. so im gonna. i decided if i can dwindle my donation down to around $500 I'll keep my bike, but if not I'll sell it and either buy a wee bike (thinking maybe a 400, without the stickers) or *gulp* a car.
dicks-naughty-account

Postby Fraser on Wed 22/Jul/09 9:23am

What is the difference on the road with the GSXR 1000 K3 to K7, apart from the babble on technical stuff in the showroom. Are they any different to ride?
Fraser
Member for: 20 years 5 months

Postby Chickie on Wed 22/Jul/09 5:57pm

Gutting DNA - but it probably is best to get a smaller bike and stop getting fines.
Don't get a car - summers on it's way :thumbsup:
Chickie
Member for: 19 years 5 months

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Mon 27/Jul/09 4:13pm

So we got a new photocopier at work and its really cool. does colour n stuff. I am experimenting with scanning and file conversion etc.

this is me on a track day last year on my VFR400
timmahsml.jpg
Henry Dorset Case
"[b]DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT?[/b]"
Member for: 20 years 2 months

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Mon 27/Jul/09 5:09pm

Fraser wrote:What is the difference on the road with the GSXR 1000 K3 to K7, apart from the babble on technical stuff in the showroom. Are they any different to ride?

I have no idea sorry. Either would be waaaay faster than I would be comfortable going on the road.
Henry Dorset Case
"[b]DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT?[/b]"
Member for: 20 years 2 months

Postby dicks-naughty-account on Mon 27/Jul/09 11:29pm

That is a sweet photo. i can never get my budget digital camera to focus on the bike and blurr the background, which looks rad.

also, i too plan to own a VFR400 in near future. i hear plod don't mind restricted riders on 'em.
dicks-naughty-account

Motorcycles | Motoring | Sifting - Latest Posts