Re: Your Favourite Trail?

Postby mudguard on Sat 17/Oct/15 3:33pm

Last week I did some classic Rotorua trails. Weirdly everytime I ride there I would miss them.
Did K2.
Hot CrossBuns
Be rude not to.
Mad if you don't.

Normally if I'm pedalling I'll ride up the eastern side to do Billy T and Split Enz.
Rode Outback at Craters of the Moon in Taupo. There are some really fun trails there now. Grippy and dry.
mudguard
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby shmoodiver on Sat 17/Oct/15 3:50pm

Rode smasher this morning. Dusty, slippery, off camber and STEEEEEP. Sphincter puckering fun.
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Postby swtchbckr on Sat 17/Oct/15 5:50pm

Just rode Solitary for the first ever time today. Was fun. More raw with less flow than Jail Break, but bloody good fun.

Also enjoyed lots of trails in Wainuiomata this morning too...

But the Luge has to be one of my all time favorites...

Hmmmm. This thread has just reminded me of the Top 10 Trails thread of old. Really, how can you have just one favourite? I tend to have a favourite local trail that changes over the course of days, weeks, months, years. - Lately at home, Fight Club and Tommy 2's have been well up there...
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Postby phantasim on Sat 17/Oct/15 6:22pm

Wobbler wrote:
AgrAde wrote:Edge track in craigieburn is awesome too, especially if you don't stop at the junction and continue down the lyndon saddle track. It's not a run I get done often because it doesn't work as part of the loop but it's worth it when I do. I like the edge more than luge because it has better views, it's a bit more technical and it's a lot more scary at speed :thumbsup:

Too scary for me :D narrow tracks right on the edge with nothing on the side are the one thing that really spook me out super hard. Can never get comfortable on them :( I've ridden it once and shit myself 75% of the time. Makes me pretty sad as the other 25% were super radness and I would love to ride some of them again.

The edge is all good, this track here absolutely scared the piss out me... massive pucker valve clenching.

sst.jpg
phantasim
"Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.."
Member for: 10 years 4 months

Postby AgrAde on Sat 17/Oct/15 7:52pm

Where's that?

Shout out to Aaron Hogg, builder of worsleys trails. Built some wicked shit of late. Even if all his jumps are a little short ;)

Also SMC for being balls-out awkward.
AgrAde
Member for: 13 years 10 months

Postby phantasim on Sat 17/Oct/15 8:36pm

Its on the outskirts of La Paz, Bolivia.
phantasim
"Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.."
Member for: 10 years 4 months

Postby AgrAde on Sat 17/Oct/15 8:46pm

So unattainable for me then :(
AgrAde
Member for: 13 years 10 months

Postby swtchbckr on Sun 18/Oct/15 9:08am

shmoodiver wrote:Rode smasher this morning. Dusty, slippery, off camber and STEEEEEP. Sphincter puckering fun.

Oh yeah. That one is nucking futs. Ian the builder of Lollipop took me down that last time I was up there. Yaaaargh!
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Postby shmoodiver on Sun 18/Oct/15 10:11am

Rob Metz rode it the other day and questioned why we build tracks like that in Nelson.... because we can.
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Cycling | Mountain Biking | Trail Riding - Latest Posts