Re: Your Camera

Postby Slim on Fri 31/Jul/15 9:43am

Mate of mine owns a camera store and one of his best lines is the packs of polaroid consumables.

Also he still does film processing if anyone in NZ wants it. http://www.cameradigital.co.nz/
Slim
Member for: 16 years 2 months

Postby EoinC on Fri 31/Jul/15 10:13am

Good on him for continuing in a tough business.
EoinC
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby Bigfoot on Fri 31/Jul/15 10:24am

EoinC wrote:When will you be getting your tripod, Bigfoot? August is nearly here.

It is at my office in Prince Rupert, but I won't be back there until August 21 :(
Bigfoot
"We are the Village Green Preservation Society"
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Postby EoinC on Sat 1/Aug/15 1:29pm

Steady hand until then, Bigfoot. What's the plan for the trip South?
EoinC

Postby Bigfoot on Sat 1/Aug/15 3:46pm

Still a bunch of variables related to what job I am going to have and where I am going to be living... but thinking about Rio for a week or so in January. So, still in the planning stages! Not a pile of time for any shooting lately, it's the crazy busy season (when all the fish come back!) :)
Bigfoot

Postby wolffman1 on Thu 6/Aug/15 12:46am

I got back to my desk at work just before going home and found a box with an x-100 in it waiting for me. Brilliant! It's a bit more beaten up than I had been lead to believe from the description but it all works and it seems mighty sharp compared to my d90.
I've had a bit of a play with it at home tonight and shot lots of pictures of my feet so I think I know how it works. I'll take it out tomorrow to shoot photos of other peoples feet.
wolffman1
"Maaangooo"
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Postby EoinC on Thu 6/Aug/15 7:16am

Aaaah, I'm not alone! I, too, have taken many photo's of my own feet when trying new gear. They are so conveniently placed, outside min focus range, and always available, even when sitting down. Toenails carry sufficient contrast for focus checks, and the spread of toes is great for seeing the drop off from shallow depth of field. I'm guessing that's why we evolved those appendages.

Congrats on the x-100 - A mighty fine camera.
EoinC

Postby wolffman1 on Thu 6/Aug/15 10:55am

Middle of winter in the hills isn't tropical enough for exposed toes. It's all pictures of ugg boots

Here it is with the retro slip on lens cap over the ghetto lens filters. As the bloke in the shop says, it'll stop anyone wanting to pinch it

Image[/url]New toy by Chris Wolff, on Flickr
wolffman1
"Maaangooo"

Postby EoinC on Fri 7/Aug/15 7:41am

Very nice!
EoinC

Postby Bigfoot on Fri 7/Aug/15 7:51am

Ohh I like the cap idea :)
Bigfoot

Postby wolffman1 on Sat 8/Aug/15 12:05am

Bigfoot wrote:Ohh I like the cap idea :)

Its marked as a 51mm diameter cap, but doesn't stay on too well unless the silver filter ring is on the outside of the backwards filters. It works perfectly as a snug fit so it won't get bumped off
wolffman1
"Maaangooo"

Photography | Sifting - Latest Posts