Yantv: Yet Another Newb To Vorb

Postby pork on Tue 30/Dec/08 12:07pm

Grettings all,
I am coming to NZ in late Janurary/early February for a few months. I am bringing my Santa Cruz Bullit (with a 55 up front) with me. I don't quite know where I am headed first, I have been told Queenstown and Wellington would be good options for me, but those are from non-biking types.

I am looking for some freeride/downhill (prefer lift access or shuttles...as I am lazy). I have been riding in the Northwest of the US hitting as big as 6-7m drops and doubles with about 8-9m gaps. I also like to rid esome skinnies and ladder bridges.

I have been trying to preruse the vorb newbie forum for the best suggestions but everyone seems to have their own opinion on where to ride. So, I ask yet again, where would be a good place to start? I've got a 1 year working-holiday visa and would love to get a wrenching job at a shop to support my holiday. I am also looking for a rugby union club to practice with.

Thanks for your help folks.
pork
Member for: 8 years 11 months

Postby ratrod on Tue 30/Dec/08 1:16pm

Wellington is really good for biking. Lots of hills and trails in all directions from the centre of the City.
Rotorua is also very good with a shuttle bus running on Saturday and Sunday.
If you end up in Welly poke your nose into this thread: http://www.vorb.org.nz/ftopict-56479.html There are lots of seasoned riders lurking in here that are frequent big hitters.
ratrod
Member for: 10 years 10 months

New User Introductions | Vorb - Latest Posts