Calendar Event: May 6, 2007

XC: Yahoo Challenge

Postby Melissa_Theuriau on Tue 1/May/07 6:32am

The Yahoo Challenge is one of Canterburys most popular longest running local MTB events. The event is situated on private high country farm land in Island Hills, Hurunui, North Canterbury. The course consists of a 13.8 km lap, which includes a purpose built decent through a pine forest, double creek/river crossings and numerous undulating 4WD technical farm/single tracks. This provides riding to suit all abilities with great spectator views.

This event is held regardless of weather conditions, unless the organizer deems it to be dangerous to participants, i.e. due to high water levels in stream crossings etc. Should this happen, the event will be postponed, and will be run on the following Sunday 13th May.

Please Remember – This event is held on private land, there is No smoking or fires, take all your rubbish home, and leave your dog or other pets at home.

Start times: Registration from 8:30am – 10.00am, Race Briefing 10:15am, Race Start 10:30am.

The prize giving will follow as quickly after the last competitor finishes the race. North Canterbury Cycling Club will be running a fundraising BBQ for some after race nourishment, so remember to bring some gold coins.

Race Results and finishing times will be posted on our website: www.pushbikes.co.nz on the day following the race.

All inquires about this event should be forwarded to the event director: Richard Allin richard@pushbikes.co.nz

More info here: https://secure.pushbikes.co.nz/cgi-bin/ ... 1174172286

Download entry form here: https://secure.pushbikes.co.nz/cgi-bin/ ... c=download
Melissa_Theuriau
"Vorb News Reader"
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Postby muzz_chch on Tue 1/May/07 7:54am

roll on Sunday :thumbsup: I wonder if it'll be a bog fest like last year :D
muzz_chch
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Postby nzkel on Tue 1/May/07 7:55am

You make this sound more and more appealing Muzz LOL :D
nzkel
Member for: 12 years 10 months

Postby muzz_chch on Tue 1/May/07 4:08pm