Re: Worst Weather In 2 Years

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Sun 30/May/10 6:43am

zephyrheaven wrote:i must say, having grown up in Invercargill / moved to Dunedin for 5 years then here - I havent seen moisture like this ever.

global warming sucks :ib:

:eh: Does this mean in about 15 years you'll be living in my part of the country Zeph?!
FLATULENTFRIEND
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 10 years 11 months

Postby danose on Sun 30/May/10 9:36am

Nick_K wrote:After having been outside for a max of 5min all week I got so desperate I had to bust out the running shorts today. My legs are well sore now.

I warned you that moving down here would result in your reviving your running! :D

if it's any consolation I'm in the exact same boat (had 2 months with no running so probably not quite as much pain as you - though you have the advantage of youth)
danose
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby Nick_K on Sun 30/May/10 10:09am

danose wrote:
Nick_K wrote:After having been outside for a max of 5min all week I got so desperate I had to bust out the running shorts today. My legs are well sore now.

I warned you that moving down here would result in your reviving your running! :D

if it's any consolation I'm in the exact same boat (had 2 months with no running so probably not quite as much pain as you - though you have the advantage of youth)

My shanks are feeling it today :cry: My 8 years without a run trumps your puny 2 months. I only headed into to the hills for just over a hour and was fairly shattered. Hopefully a spin around bottle on the cross bike will sort the legs out.
Nick_K
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby zephyrheaven on Sun 30/May/10 4:13pm

FLATULENTFRIEND wrote:
zephyrheaven wrote:i must say, having grown up in Invercargill / moved to Dunedin for 5 years then here - I havent seen moisture like this ever.

global warming sucks :ib:

:eh: Does this mean in about 15 years you'll be living in my part of the country Zeph?!

No fear of that ever happening me old mate, we still have to do the west coast - even then, nah lol
zephyrheaven
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Postby danose on Sun 30/May/10 5:27pm

well after today's run I can report that vic park is draining out surprisingly well, ditto the traverse track (one tiny bit of water scouring, a few big-ish puddles).

unfortunately old bowenvale has really copped it though - chopped up by stock on the upper half, and by what looks like a massive herd of runners on the bottom half (nice deep oozy pugged up mud). Can't see it drying out in a hurry, a lot of water still coming down the hill over there
danose
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Canterbury | Chile | Christchurch | Middle South Island | New Zealand | Regions | Sifting | South America - Latest Posts