Postby grahamt on Tue 18/Mar/08 11:38am

My understanding is that the McVicars block purchase is part of a proposed swap/purchase in exchange of development of other land in the valley - it was mooted several years ago when City Plan submissions and hearings were being held, but not sure what came of it. I deal with CCC Greenspace unit regularly in my job - have sent an email to someone who should know, and will report back when I get a reply.
grahamt
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Postby inzane on Tue 18/Mar/08 11:48am

Percy Pig wrote: Hmm didnt I post up something about getting info/ requests for service into the Council data base? :huh:

I'll repost or bump it later au! :)

Yes, but if people have no idea that McVicars could possibly be tranferred to council then they are hardly going to ring the council about it...
inzane
"Ride better, ride faster"
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Postby Percy Pig on Tue 18/Mar/08 11:56am

inzane wrote:
Percy Pig wrote: Hmm didnt I post up something about getting info/ requests for service into the Council data base? :huh:

I'll repost or bump it later au! :)

Yes, but if people have no idea that McVicars could possibly be tranferred to council then they are hardly going to ring the council about it...

Good point, I remember posting stuff about McVicars land in the original thread. :)
Percy Pig
"Got a bone?"
Member for: 16 years 0 months

Postby grahamt on Tue 18/Mar/08 12:07pm

Percy Pig wrote:
Its not on the Council 5 year spending plan, so some pretty serious political artillery will be needed to get any money earlier! :eh:

Even if its not in the LTCCP it is possible that the purchase / transfer could be done as a swap, or bought out of reserve contribution funds (money paid by subdividers for purchase and development of reserves), or taken as a reserve contribution if or when other land is developed. CCC has lots of ways of funding projects and not all are in the plan.
grahamt
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Postby Slim on Tue 18/Mar/08 12:55pm

the other question is that of does the McVicars group want to sell it to the council??
Slim
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby inzane on Tue 18/Mar/08 1:22pm

Slim wrote: the other question is that of does the McVicars group want to sell it to the council??

I have not heard any complications from that side of things, and with the new forestry "cut down one tree and you must plant another" rules most people are quite happily getting out of foresty these days.
inzane
"Ride better, ride faster"
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Postby dh_winner on Thu 20/Mar/08 3:55pm

Slim wrote: the other question is that of does the McVicars group want to sell it to the council??

I believe its more of a "We will give you permission to sub divide and develop the farmland at the bottom if you give/sell (whatever) the forestry block." Felling that many trees that close to subdivisions with that sort of access opens many a nasty can of worms to do with resourse consent hence the want to develop the bottom.
I believe there is a focus group set up looking into the recreational possiblities of the McVicars block.
dh_winner
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Canterbury | Cycling | Middle South Island | New Zealand | Regions - Latest Posts