Calendar Event: March 21, 2009

Working Bee - Saturday 21st March 8am

Postby RussS on Wed 4/Mar/09 4:35pm

Hey guys & gals

Gerrard from the council has been in contact today and has a church group looking for community projects for the 21st March. I contacted Cookie & Sawbones from the track committee and they were keen to make use of this manpower. They invisage using this group to clear the Wandering Jew and Wolley Nightshade, but would also like a decent number of club members to turn up and assist with supervising this group, plus to do any other general track maintenance needed.

Hope to see as many of you as possible for the morning.

cheers

Russ
RussS
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Re: Working Bee - Saturday 21st March 8am

Postby hotshothendo on Wed 4/Mar/09 9:13pm

shame it's the same day as the king country challenge, i think a few club members doing that race, any chance of doing it on sunday???
hotshothendo
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby sawbones on Thu 5/Mar/09 12:57pm

Start time is 8:00 am saturday 21st march this is non negotiable as they have voluntared to help out so it would be rude to start dictating to them.
sawbones
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Postby Cocko on Thu 5/Mar/09 4:01pm

If its fine Ill get Troy to spray some of the grass areas on the high road that seem to grow faster than others.
Cocko
"Old timer Giant Rider"
Member for: 10 years 8 months

Postby cookie the rookie on Thu 5/Mar/09 5:07pm

welcome aboard Sawbones wondered how long before we heard from team leader again, what is voluntared are my eyes deceiving me or is this a typo :) we all look upon you for great advice and perfection please dont let this happen again :lol:
cookie the rookie
"More single trail must keep digging"
Member for: 10 years 8 months

Postby TuiAllen on Fri 6/Mar/09 12:25am

So it is the same day as the King Country Challenge - that puts me out of the working bee - I have to be at KCC for work purposes, but it is also the same weekend as the Northland Tour and there are a few of us away at that one too - Jeff, for example. still, with all those mormons we should still get enough.
TuiAllen
Member for: 11 years 3 months

Postby RussS on Fri 6/Mar/09 3:01pm

Not a biggie Tui. Basically we just need some of our bodies to supervise - don't want them ripping up anything we don't want ripped up :crazy:
RussS
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Clubs | Cycling | Hamilton | Hamilton MTB Club | New Zealand | Regions | Trail Building | Upper North Island | Waikato - Latest Posts