Calendar Event: May 6, 2009 - July 8, 2009
Interval: 1 week
Repeat: 10x

Woodhill $10 Night Ride Race Series

Postby Melissa_Theuriau on Thu 30/Apr/09 8:37am

Starting next Wednesday May 6th Woodhill Mountain Bike Park is running a fun, low key Night Ride Race Series. The series will run for every Wednesday for 10 weeks but you can ride single races if you want to as well. The details are:

• Racing Starts at 7.15pm (register in the carpark before 7pm)
  • Courses will change every 3 weeks and are about 10-15km each
  • Free beer and energy drink thanks to Hallertau Brewery and Go Fast
  • Nightly Men's and Women's winners
  • Nightly Spot Prize winners
  • Overall Series Men's and Women's winner and runner up (How's that for MTB prestige!)
  • Big Series Spot Prize (the more races you enter the more chances you have to win)
  • Prizegiving party at local Hallertau Brewery after the last race on Wednesday July 8th
  • All proceeds go towards Megan Dimozantos and Haydz getting to Canada for the 24 Hour Solo World Champs
  • Come along and join the serious fun.

It's pretty straight forward just show up on the night and register before 7pm...but if you still need more info email haydz@bikeparks.co.nz
Melissa_Theuriau
"Vorb News Reader"
Member for: 11 years 8 months

$10 Woodhill Night Ride Series

Postby Chickenman on Tue 5/May/09 10:31pm

Hi all Auckland night riders!

Just a reminder to let everybody know about the $10 Night Ride Series at Woodhill. Rego finishes at 7pm at the Woodhill Proshop, with the race start at 7:15pm.

The course length will be 10-12km long, so will be good event for riders of all abilities.

Every competitor receives a Go-Fast energy drink, and a $10 Hallertau beer voucher!

So come along and get your night eyes in for the Moonride this weekend.

Thanks to the event sponsors;

Woodhill Mountain Bike park

Bike 75

Go Fast energy drinks

Hallertau Brewery and bar

Acoustic Motorbike
Chickenman
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Re: Woodhill $10 Night Ride Race Series

Postby Chickenman on Wed 6/May/09 3:49pm

bump
Chickenman

Postby Chickenman on Wed 13/May/09 9:44am

It's Wednesday, so another night of racing is here!

With the rain in the last week, and sun today, the trails are in perfect condition. We have shortened the course a little so as to not finish quite so late, and sorted the marking.

So come along and join the fun, for only $10 you can't loose.

See you all tonight.

:)
Chickenman

Postby edoubled on Wed 13/May/09 3:49pm

The boss has given me a late pass for this :thumbsup:

What the traffic like heading out west at that time of night? Is leaving at 6pm enough time to get there from Blockhouse Bay?

beautiful night for it... :huh:
edoubled
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby Chickenman on Thu 14/May/09 1:29pm

edoubled wrote:The boss has given me a late pass for this :thumbsup:

What the traffic like heading out west at that time of night? Is leaving at 6pm enough time to get there from Blockhouse Bay?

beautiful night for it... :huh:

Sorry for the late reply, work got hectic, so I didn't see your post until now. Hopefully you made it out.

As for time, from Blockhouse Bay at the at time of the night you could be pushing it for time. I work in the CBD, and it will usually take me 50-60mins. And that is only about 1km on the city streets.

One thing that is worth remembering with regard to the weather, it could be bucketing down in town, but Woodhill will usually be fine.

See you next week.

:thumbsup:
Chickenman

Postby edoubled on Thu 14/May/09 4:27pm

Chickenman wrote:Sorry for the late reply, work got hectic, so I didn't see your post until now. Hopefully you made it out.

I sure did! I was "racer" #17. You were right - 6pm was leaving it a bit late but I made it to the start line in time - just... I forgot the velcro straps for my light so had to improvise with zip-ties in the car park... Then spent the race with my head leant back enough to get the light far enough in front of me. That with the 7Ah SLA battery in my bag meant a stiff back this morning :p

Quite entertaining for my first race though, and I won a cycle computer as a spot prize too! Awesome! :thumbsup: I'm on call next week but will be back in a fortnight. :D
edoubled
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby Chickenman on Thu 14/May/09 4:38pm

edoubled wrote:
Chickenman wrote:Sorry for the late reply, work got hectic, so I didn't see your post until now. Hopefully you made it out.

I sure did! I was "racer" #17. You were right - 6pm was leaving it a bit late but I made it to the start line in time - just... I forgot the velcro straps for my light so had to improvise with zip-ties in the car park... Then spent the race with my head leant back enough to get the light far enough in front of me. That with the 7Ah SLA battery in my bag meant a stiff back this morning :p

Quite entertaining for my first race though, and I won a cycle computer as a spot prize too! Awesome! :thumbsup: I'm on call next week but will be back in a fortnight. :D

Night racing is awesome fun. I started racing in the first of the CHCH Bluedog events some 12 or so years ago.

On the subject of time, I ended up leaving work real late, and barely got there in time to deliver the spot prizes :o I'm glad you like yours.

See you in a fortnight :thumbsup:
Chickenman

Postby Chickenman on Tue 19/May/09 8:59pm

It's Tuesday, so the $10 night race series is on tomorrow night. Come on out and join in the fun.

Remember, just because it might be raining in town, under the trees it's fine!

See you tomorrow night.
Chickenman

Postby Chickenman on Wed 27/May/09 12:57pm

Sunny clear skies!

It'll be primo at the forest tonight, so come along and have a go!
Chickenman

Postby Chickenman on Wed 3/Jun/09 2:03pm

The weather gods are happy!!!!!!!!

Once again, sunny clear skies, the trails are riding fast.

So once again here is your weekly reminder, come along have a blast. Rego until 7 pm, race start at 7:15. Riding time is between 40 and 70mins.

See ya tonight.
Chickenman

Postby Chickenman on Wed 10/Jun/09 12:52pm

The rain looks to have gone away. Even so, if it's raining in town, the forest doesn't seem as affected, so the trails ride well regardless.

So again rego is until 7pm.

Come along and ride, it's only 10 bucks, and you get a can of Go Fast, and a $10 Hallertau voucher, so you can't loose!
Chickenman

Postby RHR_Rob on Wed 10/Jun/09 1:42pm

10-15k hardly a warm up! the REAL night racing worldchamps is happening right now at bottle lake - we even get rainbow jerseys at the end :)
RHR_Rob
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby Chickenman on Wed 10/Jun/09 1:50pm

RHR_Rob wrote:10-15k hardly a warm up! the REAL night racing worldchamps is happening right now at bottle lake - we even get rainbow jerseys at the end :)

If they're happening right now, it's hardly night racing is it :eh: Besides that, it's kinda hard for most Aucklanders to attend Rod's races; in CHCH.

But yes I am well familiar with Rod's races, I was there at the first races when he started them.
Chickenman

Postby RHR_Rob on Wed 10/Jun/09 3:14pm

Chickenman wrote:
RHR_Rob wrote:10-15k hardly a warm up! the REAL night racing worldchamps is happening right now at bottle lake - we even get rainbow jerseys at the end :)

If they're happening right now, it's hardly night racing is it :eh: Besides that, it's kinda hard for most Aucklanders to attend Rod's races; in CHCH.

But yes I am well familiar with Rod's races, I was there at the first races when he started them.

We all wear realy dark glasses :sly:
RHR_Rob
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Auckland Region | Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Events | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Night Riding | Regions | Upper North Island | Waitakere City | Woodhill Mountain Bike Park - Latest Posts