2%
I have no idea
19%
Don't care
19%

Total voters : 43

Re: Wof Corruption

Postby ShoreBoy on Tue 21/Sep/10 7:49pm

This is turning into the I Hate VTNZ thread!
I actually had a stand up yelling argument with the inspector the last time I tried to take my kit car for a WOF there, regarding certification and the fact my car doesn't need it. He refuesd to believe me, and weven when presented with the letter from NZTA confirming I don't need one, refused to give me my WOF. I did however complain to the bosses, and got my money back after getting a WOF trouble free elsewhere.

Having said that, I've seen a fair share of cars with current WOFs that should never have been issued.
Last edited by ShoreBoy on Tue 21/Sep/10 7:52pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShoreBoy
Member for: 8 years 2 months

Postby Wobbler on Tue 21/Sep/10 7:51pm

I use vtnz and I am pleased with the service, I suspect joe bumfuck mechanic would demand various things are fixed
Wobbler
Member for: 8 years 11 months

Postby rackerrack on Tue 21/Sep/10 7:57pm

slimdog wrote:Is there such a thing.

Whats the difference between a $30 and a $50 WOF?

Discuss!!!!!!

Why can't you still get them at the pub for a 20?
rackerrack
Member for: 9 years 1 month

Postby bubbaa on Tue 21/Sep/10 8:01pm

Wobbler wrote:I use vtnz and I am pleased with the service, I suspect joe bumfuck mechanic would demand various things are fixed

:withstupid:
never had a problem
v. taken to a mechanic (not mine) by Mrs Bubbaa recently, who did a couple of overly expensive un-necessary things
bubbaa
"bite me"
Member for: 4 years 7 months

Postby wuffy on Tue 21/Sep/10 8:07pm

My step-father had a WOF problem before, took the '91 hilux to a mechanic and left it overnight to get WOF while he was out of town, came back the next day and they had done $1000 worth of fixes to it without his consent, and then refused to give it back till he paid. Had lawyers and all sorts involved. Got it back with no fuss in the end after the lawyers used all their fancy words and such.

Stupid mechanics :sly:
wuffy
Member for: 5 years 5 months

Postby bugle on Tue 21/Sep/10 8:12pm

VTNZ certified my car when I got her off the boat, they've never seen it since

The monkeys that scraped a bunch of stickers off the right rear side window as visual hazards pissed me off, not an issue for the 5 yrs before that
bugle
"Bah, who hasn't killed the neighbour and rooted their corpse after one too many cab savs?"
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Tue 21/Sep/10 8:12pm

thorg wrote:
slimdog wrote:Whats the difference between a $30 and a $50 WOF?
$20

ding ding! We have a winner, chicken dinner!
Henry Dorset Case
"[b]DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT?[/b]"
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby Oli on Tue 21/Sep/10 8:36pm

VTNZ passed the Sex Wagon (Nissan Prairie) for several warrants then failed it for a front chassis member (don't know the name, but the one that runs across the car and is under the radiator :huh: ) that had been crashed, straightened, bogged and painted. I asked the GRUMPY C U N T why the fuck they'd been letting me drive my family around in it for three years without spotting it? and all I got was a shrug. :eh:

Then he said I'd also failed "because of the bullet hole in your windscreen", that was actually just a sticker Bodhi had put on that was apparently more than 10cm inside the window. I measured it and it was 6cm in...

Fuck them and the horses they rode in on. :angry:
Oli
Member for: 9 years 3 months

Postby bubbaa on Tue 21/Sep/10 8:39pm

:lol:
bet you the horses had Wofs though :lol:
bubbaa
"bite me"
Member for: 4 years 7 months

Postby speeding_ant on Tue 21/Sep/10 8:47pm

If you've got a motorbike, VTNZ is actually the best way to go. You cruise through...
speeding_ant
Member for: 6 years 8 months

Postby Slim on Tue 21/Sep/10 8:53pm

pushbikerider wrote:
Slim wrote:that is because company cars are generally well looked after and not cocked about with.

Yes that is normally the case, but still, why be any less detail oriented with one versus the other?

Don't know, I had mine warranted by VTNZ then got it serviced by Nissan the week after and they found stuff wrong with it that should never have passed including two worn tyres.
Slim
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby nzmatto on Tue 21/Sep/10 9:01pm

Car gets serviced by Holden (is a holden) and gets warrant at the same time. I once asked the mechanic what was under that front hood cover thing.....I think he thought I was serious....he didn't answer.
nzmatto
"Cycling changed my life."
Member for: 6 years 3 months

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Tue 21/Sep/10 10:06pm

When I rebuilt my Suzuki RF900 from a write off I took it too Rosebank road testing station (apparently good with bikes) to get re vinned etc.
Some crusty old guy knocked it back on lose discs at the front(it was only 14k kms old) :rolleyes:
I got a letter from the motorbike mechanic to say that was how they should be (floating discs).
They didn’t accept that :rolleyes:
Another letter – from a Suzuki mechanic. They didn’t accept that :rolleyes: :angry:

I took it back a few days later and Mr Crusty was away.
Another inspector gave the discs a look and passed it straight away :)
I asked if Mr Crusty was sometimes too picky…sure enough said Mr Nice.

I’m not looking forward to going through it all again with my 500 :hmmm:

Give me a local, reasonable mechanic any day :thumbsup:
FLATULENTFRIEND
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 6 years 0 months

Postby nzmja on Tue 21/Sep/10 10:30pm

speeding_ant wrote:If you've got a motorbike, VTNZ is actually the best way to go. You cruise through...

I took my bike for WOF's at AA 3 times, from memory, before I sold it.

The inspection consisted of lights, bearings and tire tread.

Didn't check headset, suspension, battery mount a lots of other things you would expect them to check.

I was surprised at the lax attitude with the bike. Might have been a lot more thorough with a bike mechanic but as people have said, probably cost more in the end with minor remedials etc.
nzmja
Member for: 8 years 4 months

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Tue 21/Sep/10 10:40pm

nzmja wrote:
speeding_ant wrote:If you've got a motorbike, VTNZ is actually the best way to go. You cruise through...

I took my bike for WOF's at AA 3 times, from memory, before I sold it.

The inspection consisted of lights, bearings and tire tread.

Didn't check headset, suspension, battery mount a lots of other things you would expect them to check.

I was surprised at the lax attitude with the bike. Might have been a lot more thorough with a bike mechanic but as people have said, probably cost more in the end with minor remedials etc.

I’d rather pay more and have a better safety check done but with out pathetic things like a rust stain or something.
FLATULENTFRIEND
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 6 years 0 months

Cars | Motoring | Sifting - Latest Posts