Re: Wide Handlebars = Good!

Postby radiusq on Mon 22/Jun/09 5:25pm

I think there must be a point to riser bars beyond hand position as there are other ways to achieve a similar rise in hand position, a taller rise in the stem or a longer steerer plus spacers for example. I guess the question is - If you had two identical bikes bar a different bar/stem combo, but the relative hand position from the front axle was still to be identical, would the bikes handle any differently?

You have a point regarding bar rotation. It's very easy to change some of that upsweep into more backsweep and vice versa. I'll have a look at my bars later.
radiusq
"Zing-a-Ling-a-Ding"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby mitch7 on Mon 22/Jun/09 10:43pm

jeebus you guys are talking science... :crazy:

just buy some wide bars,with average upsweep...any of the Easton bars are fine...or many other brands, don't go crazy..whack em on and ride....simple (maybe trim)
mitch7
"A beard is like having a machine gun on your face. Pure badass."
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby bugle on Tue 23/Jun/09 2:49pm

I see from this mornings paper a father has been charged for pushing his boy onto the rugby field...
bugle
"Bah, who hasn't killed the neighbour and rooted their corpse after one too many cab savs?"
Member for: 18 years 3 months

Postby Trail on Wed 15/Jul/09 2:28pm

bugle wrote:I see from this mornings paper a father has been charged for pushing his boy onto the rugby field...

was he using a set of wide handle bars to do so??
Trail
"Concentrating on technique"
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby slowMTB on Wed 15/Jul/09 3:57pm

Trail wrote:
bugle wrote:I see from this mornings paper a father has been charged for pushing his boy onto the rugby field...

was he using a set of wide handle bars to do so??

Apparently he was running skinny bars and his dad wanted to harden him up before introducing wide bars - should have him play netball, a real contact sport. Rugby is just too PC these days.
slowMTB
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Cycling | Mountain Biking | Mountain Biking Zane | Trail Riding | Vogs - Latest Posts