Communism failed because...

...it was never properly implemented.
42%
...it's a totally flawed system.
58%

Total voters : 36

Why Did Communism Fail?

Postby Tama on Fri 2/Jun/06 11:41am

My thoughts are is that when the people in power exploited the weaknesses of communism people in "civilized" parts of the world ended up starving to death, conversely when the people in power exploit the weaknesses of capitalism only people in "uncivilised" parts of the world starve to death.

Your thoughts please?
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby skint on Fri 2/Jun/06 11:45am

I'll say this for Communism - they did branding better than capitalism by a mile!
skint
"Mmmm. Cheesy toasted sandwiches."
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby Sims on Fri 2/Jun/06 11:45am

Can't we just argue about clits and flaps?
Sims
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Postby pissface on Fri 2/Jun/06 11:45am

given the above, I'd say it's a fairer redistribution of poverty
pissface
"Boneshaker"
Member for: 14 years 8 months

Postby Kyle on Fri 2/Jun/06 11:51am

Communism could/does work. It just can't be forced on people. Telling someone they have just become a communist is about the equivalent of telling G.W.B god is just a fairy tale, they'll deny it until you throw them in the gulag with the other political dissidents and still continue chanting about how they are right and that capitalism/god will win in the end.
Kyle
"Rated R for pervasive extreme drug use and related bizarre behavior, strong language, and brief nudity"
Member for: 14 years 7 months

Postby phunk on Fri 2/Jun/06 11:52am

Communism failed because people focused on redistributing a finite "wealth" making everybody worse off, rather than the positive sum game of capatilism focused on increasing wealth with gains to all.

Oh boo hoo, the mean rich people get more than the poor stupid people, at least the poor have a half chance of draggin themselves out of "poverty" rather than being doomed to a lifetime of it under communism.

Fuck I hate communism, and would gladly take up arms to prevent a "revolution" - in my opinion it is the most morally reprehensible system ever.
phunk
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Postby bugle on Fri 2/Jun/06 11:53am

Communisim = Creationisim
Capitalism = Evolution

That is all
bugle
"Bah, who hasn't killed the neighbour and rooted their corpse after one too many cab savs?"
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby headwound on Fri 2/Jun/06 11:55am

implementation of communism was flawed

-12 hero of the soviet union gasmask
headwound
Member for: 13 years 8 months

Postby CaptainCaveman on Fri 2/Jun/06 11:56am

I think the basic principles of communism are just plain at odds with human nature. People are not born equal, so why pretend otherwise?
CaptainCaveman
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby headwound on Fri 2/Jun/06 11:58am

evolution of interactive human welfare

+12 sandpit of dogpoo
headwound
Member for: 13 years 8 months

Postby Kyle on Fri 2/Jun/06 11:59am

CaptainCaveman wrote: I think the basic principles of communism are just plain at odds with human nature. People are not born equal, so why pretend otherwise?

Human nature is to survive long enough to procreate. Everything else is just cock blocking the guy next to us to improve our own chances.
Kyle
"Rated R for pervasive extreme drug use and related bizarre behavior, strong language, and brief nudity"
Member for: 14 years 7 months

Postby Sims on Fri 2/Jun/06 11:59am

What about looking at a "village structure" where eveyone works together for mutal benefit?
Last edited by Sims on Fri 2/Jun/06 12:01pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sims
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Postby CaptainCaveman on Fri 2/Jun/06 12:00pm

Kyle wrote:
CaptainCaveman wrote: I think the basic principles of communism are just plain at odds with human nature. People are not born equal, so why pretend otherwise?

Human nature is to survive long enough to procreate. Everything else is just cock blocking the guy next to us to improve our own chances.

Exactly - competition exists from the outset, so communism is doomed.
CaptainCaveman
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby phunk on Fri 2/Jun/06 12:01pm

Sims wrote: What about looking at a "village structure" where eveyone works together for mutal benefit?

Its called capitilism.
Last edited by phunk on Fri 2/Jun/06 12:03pm, edited 1 time in total.
phunk
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Postby Tama on Fri 2/Jun/06 12:01pm

phunk wrote:Oh boo hoo, the mean rich people get more than the poor stupid people, at least the poor have a half chance of draggin themselves out of "poverty" rather than being doomed to a lifetime of it under communism.

Is this a good time to point out that a lot of "capitalism" in the world is really feudalism so the chances of the great unwashed dragging themselves out of poverty en masse is close enough to nil to make no odds?

phunk wrote:Fuck I hate communism, and would gladly take up arms to prevent a "revolution" - in my opinion it is the most morally reprehensible system ever.

Oh dear, I would have never started this thread if I'd realized that :D
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 15 years 10 months

International Politics | Politics | Sifting - Latest Posts